Victor Entertainment Inc.
Moby ID: 3771
- Victor Musical Industries, Inc. (from 1972-04-25 to 1993-04)
Overview edit · view history
Victor Musical Industries was originally established in April 1972 when the music publishing division of electronics conglomerate Nihon Victor (JVC) was spun off as a separate company. Both VMI and another JVC subsidiary, Pack-In-Video, entered the games market in the early 1980s and operated largely independently.
VMI's releases were primarily original titles and localized ports of foreign games, compared with Pack-In-Video's focus on license-based titles. The company also released their PC titles under the Cross Media Soft brand as late as 1991.
The company changed names to Victor Entertainment in April 1993, and would eventually leave the games market in 1996 to focus on its music publishing business. The remaining games operations were consolidated into Pack-In-Video, which was renamed Victor Interactive Software. Today, the company is part of the JVC Kenwood group of companies.
Credited on 113 Games from 1986 to 2018
Displaying most recent · View all
|Kemono Friends Picross (2018 on Nintendo Switch)|
|SaGa: Scarlet Grace (2016 on Windows, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch...)|
|Small House (2000 on Macintosh, Windows)|
|Sea Bass Fishing (1996 on SEGA Saturn, PlayStation)|
|Keio Flying Squadron 2 (1996 on SEGA Saturn)|
|Thunderstrike 2 (1995 on DOS, PlayStation, SEGA Saturn)|
|Center Ring Boxing (1995 on SEGA Saturn)|
|Metal Fighter Miku (1995 on SEGA Saturn)|
|Iron Assault (1995 on DOS, PC-98)|
|Timecop (1995 on SNES)|
|Nontan to Issho: Hoshino Okurimono (1995 on 3DO)|
|The Scottish Open: Virtual Golf (1995 on DOS, PlayStation, SEGA Saturn)|
|Travelers! Densetsu o Buttobase (1994 on TurboGrafx CD)|
|America Ōdan Ultra Quiz (1994 on SEGA Saturn, PlayStation, FM Towns)|
|Soulstar (1994 on SEGA CD)|
|Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures (1994 on SNES, Wii, Antstream)|
|Battlecorps (1994 on SEGA CD)|
|Sansara Naga 2 (1994 on SNES)|
|Nontan to Issho: Nohara de Asobo (1994 on 3DO)|
|Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (1994 on Game Boy, SNES, Game Gear...)|
[ view all ]
Related Web Sites +
Victor Entertainment Inc.
- 16 games with Comix Brand
- 11 games with Lucasfilm Games
- 9 games with Fun Project, Inc.
- 8 games with Rebellion (Derby) Ltd
- 7 games with Krome Studios Melbourne
- 6 games with Advance Communication Company
- 5 games with Acclaim Studios Salt Lake City
- 5 games with Infinity Co., Ltd.
- 4 games with Cinemaware Corporation
- 4 games with Psygnosis Limited
- All games by Victor Entertainment Inc.
- Published by Victor Entertainment Inc.
- Developed by Victor Entertainment Inc.
- Additional Development by Victor Entertainment Inc.
- Ported by Victor Entertainment Inc.
- Distributed by Victor Entertainment Inc.
- Music by Victor Entertainment Inc.
- Music Recording by Victor Entertainment Inc.
- Licensed by Victor Entertainment Inc.