OverviewChessBase is the maker of world famous chess software and produces a chess database system used by virtually all professional chess players. Located in Hamburg, Germany, the company was co-founded by Frederic Friedel in 1987. They also publish a periodical entitled "ChessBase Magazine" dealing with computer chess.
The most recent program designed by the company is software to bring the world of chess players together in on-line tournaments and promote mentor/player relationships.
There is no trivia on file. If you have any interesting trivia about this company, please add it.
Related Web Sites
- ChessBase GmbH (official website)
- ChessBase.com (English site with links to Spanish and German pages)
Logo first used 1998
Most Recent Games
- Fritz & Kishon: Schachspielen mit dem Meister der Satire
- Fritz & Chesster's Chess for Winners
- HIARCS 8
- Fritz 9: Play Chess
- Shredder 6 (Special Edition)
- Shredder 9
- Learn to Play Chess with Fritz & Chesster 2: Chess in the Black Castle
- World's Best Chess: Fritz 8 Deluxe
- Fritz 8
- Learn to Play Chess with Fritz & Chesster