OverviewDoubleBear Productions is an independent game development studio founded by Brian Mitsoda in June 2009. Their first title, Dead State, was a strategy survival RPG set at the dawn of the zombie apocalypse, and was developer in conjunction with Iron Tower Studio utilizing the Torque 3D engine. A successful Kickstarter campaign in July 2012 energized the project, and after spending some time in Early Access on Steam, had full release on Steam and GoG in December 2014. Several significant updates were released for the game since that time, culminating in the last major patch, which effectively renamed the game Dead State: Reanimated, and included major updates such as new locations, additional character perks, new mechanics, and new gameplay modes.
Their second game, "PANIC at Multiverse High," was a parody visual novel/otome game, and supposed to be part of a new series called "PANIC in the Multiverse," and feature offbeat humor and characters. The title was initially developed as a side project that sprouted into its own feature, and was developed with the RenPy engine, which was first being used as a early visualizer for cutscene development. The game was initially released in August 2016 for Steam (Windows/Mac/Linux), with a widescreen and Android version released in Spring 2017.
|Panic at Multiverse High!||(2016)|
|Dead State: Reanimated||(2015)|
There is no trivia on file. If you have any interesting trivia about this company, please add it.
Related Web Sites
- DoubleBear Productions (official website)
- Dawn of the Dev with Doublebear (The news site Gamasutra interviews Brian Mitsoda and Annie Carlson of DoubleBear Productions about their new company, their experience in the industry, and their then in-development game, tentatively titled ZRPG (September 3rd, 2009).)
- DoubleBear Games on Twitter (Official Twitter account for the company.)
- DoubleBear Productions - Facebook (Official Facebook page for the developer.)
- DoubleBear Productions - Wikipedia entry (Wikipedia entry for DoubleBear, including bio links for its founder(s) and games.)
- PANIC at Multiverse High! in Visual Novel Database (Information for the 2nd developed game (not update/xpack) by DoubleBear, PANIC at Multiverse High!)