- Procom was established by a group of telecommunications professionals who built the first digital systems for voice and data transmission in Bulgaria.
- Procom's founders launched Smartcom with the objective of providing commercial and engineering services in the field of advanced telecommunications.
- Haemimont was founded as a result of an agreement with Learn Technologies Interactive, Inc., a New York City educational technology design company.
- Smartcom merged with Procom, leaving Smartcom as the surviving company.
- Intermedia was founded as a department of Haemimont for producing computer graphics and data entry.
- Haemimont and Smartcom merged into Haemimont - Smartcom.
- Haemimont launched its first independent product - "Tzar - the Burden of the Crown", a real time strategy computer game. Tzar was the first Bulgarian-developed computer game.