- The company moves its offices from the San Francisco Bay area to Brisbane, California (USA).
- The company launches the Imagine Games Network.
Jan 12, 1998:
- IGN64.ign.com becomes a branded website.
Oct 13, 2003:
- IGN acquires the TeamXbox website.
Dec 04, 2003:
- An announcement is made that IGN and GameSpy have signed a definitive merger agreement.
Feb 26, 2004:
- The GameStats.com website is launched.
Mar 04, 2004:
- The completion of the merger between GameSpy and IGN is announced.
Jun 29, 2004:
- An announcement is made that IGN and Rotten Tomatoes have signed a definitive merger agreement.
Sep 07, 2004:
- The Direct2Drive electronic game distribution portal is launched.
Feb 09, 2005:
- The acquisition of 3D Gamers is announced.
Jun 01, 2005:
- The acquisition of AskMen.com is announced.
Sep 08, 2005:
- News Corporation signs a definitive agreement to acquire IGN Entertainment, Inc. IGN and its network of sites will become part of News Corporation's Fox Interactive Media unit.
Oct 04, 2005:
- An announcement is made that Fox Interactive Media, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of News Corporation, has completed its acquisition of IGN for approximately $650 million.