OverviewKnowledge Adventure was co-founded in 1991 by Rick Gibson and brothers Bill and Larry Gross in California.
The company is a leader in developing, publishing and distributing award-winning, multimedia educational software for use in both schools and homes. The company is internationally renowned for its Math Blaster, Reading Blaster, and JumpStart Learning System brands.
During the late 1990s Knowledge Adventure was bought and sold several times. First it became part of CUC International Inc. in 1997 and became a division of the newly formed Cendant Software. The company was shuffled to Havas Interactive and then to Vivendi as a result of acquisitions. Finally in October 2004 Knowledge Holdings Inc., a group of private investors, managed to purchase Knowledge Adventure from Vivendi, returning it to privately-held status
Now the company is a subsidiary of Knowledge Holdings, Inc., still based in California.
Also Known As
- Knowledge Adventure, Inc. (from Nov 03, 1993 to Sep 12, 2014)
Currently viewing the 50 most recent games. Click here to view the complete list.
TriviaCompany location and contact information (2011):
Knowledge Adventure, Inc.
2377 Crenshaw Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501
Related Web Sites
- Jumpstart Games, Inc. (official website)
- Electronic Press Kit (A 1996 EPK about several of the company's then upcoming games at the Internet Archive.)
- Make Learning an Adventure (An Apple Games article about the company's line of children's games on the Mac platform (Dec, 2002).)
- Wikipedia (Company profile on Wikipedia)