- Company founded.
- The Learning Company is acquired by SoftKey International, Inc.
Oct 24, 1996:
- SoftKey International changes its name to The Learning Company Inc.
- The Learning Company, Inc. acquires Microsystems Software, Inc.
- The Learning Company, Inc. announces that it has acquired all of the equity interest of Creative Wonders LLC.
Apr 16, 1998:
- The company acquires Mindscape, Inc. for $150 million in stock.
Jun 03, 1998:
- Company acquires Sofsource, Inc.
Aug 31, 1998:
- Broderbund merges with and becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Learning Company.
May 13, 1999:
- Mattel, the worldwide toy company, buys The Learning Company and renames it Mattel Interactive.
- The company is acquired by Gores Technology Group.
Mar 21, 2001:
- Ubi Soft Entertainment acquires Game Studios, the entertainment division of The Learning Company, from Gores Technology Group
Sep 06, 2001: