OverviewMicroLeague Multimedia, Inc. was founded in 1989 as MicroLeague Sports Association in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The company's main manufacturing, assembly and packaging facilities were located in Newark, Delaware, while their headquarters remained in Pennsylvania.
During its history, MicroLeague established itself as one of the primary publishers of sports simulation games. Additionally, the company had a short-lived development stint. During that time the horseracing sims Quarterpole and Hooves of Thunder! were released.
Acquisitions of other companies added a wider range of products to MicroLeague's portfolio and made it possible for the company to release games under various brands. Known brands under the MicroLeague banner included:
- APBA - board and computer sports sim games
- General Admission - budget priced label
- Sept. 1995 - AbleSoft, Inc. acquired adding Teacher's Toolbox (productivity software) and the brand AbleSoft
- Rabbit Ears - a family oriented video and literature producer acquired (date not known)
- Oct. 1996 - Micro Sports Inc. was acquired including their Sports Illustrated license and their "Sports Illustrated Presents" label. This resulted in the new brand MicroLeague Sports.
- June 1997 - California children's edutainment distributor KidSoft LLC was acquired.
Also Known As
- MicroLeague Interactive Software (from 1992 to 1995)
- MicroLeague Sports Association (from 1984 to 1992)
|MicroLeague Baseball 6.0||(1997)|
|Hooves of Thunder!||(1996)|
|Silverball 2 Plus||(1994)|
|Time Out Sports: Baseball||(1994)|
|Time Out Sports: Basketball||(1994)|
|MicroLeague Football: The Coach's Challenge - Deluxe Edition||(1993)|
|MicroLeague Football 2||(1993)|
|Pro Pak, The||(1993)|
|MicroLeague Baseball IV||(1992)|
|Brix 2 Deluxe||(1992)|
|MicroLeague Baseball: The Manager's Challenge||(1991)|
|MicroLeague Football: The Coach's Challenge||(1990)|
|MicroLeague Baseball II||(1989)|
MicroLeague interactive software
750 Dawson Drive
Newark, DE 19731
Related Web Sites
There are no links to other websites on file.