Apr 04, 1975:
- Company founded by William H. Gates III and Paul G. Allen in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It had three employees.
- Microsoft became a registered trademark.
- Microsoft U.K. Ltd. founded.
- Microsoft Windows was shown to the world for the first time.
- Microsoft offered its first shares to the public market at $21. By the end of the first day of trading, stock prices were up to $28.
- The company establishes the Japanese venture GameBank Corp. with Softbank Corp., to market the Windows 95 operating system as a platform for computer games.
Apr 20, 1998:
- Company acquires Access Software.
Dec 05, 2000:
- The company acquires Digital Anvil.
- Microsoft release the X-Box, their first home entertainment console, along with 1st person shooter Halo.
Sep 24, 2002:
- Microsoft buys the game developer Rare.
Sep 15, 2014:
- Microsoft bought Mojang AB