Company history contributed by Sciere (706755) and Kabushi (255195)
- NDL was founded by Turner Whitted and Robert Whitton.
- NDL staff members Greg Abram, Lee Westover and Turner Whitted publish a new algorithm for anti-aliased polygon display in the SIGGRAPH paper "Efficient Alias-free Rendering Using Bit-masks and Look-up Tables."
- NDL introduces the rPlus API, an interface that makes rendering function internals accessible to application developers.
- NDL creates first real-time textured morphing terrain system for the PC.
- NDL releases NetImmerse Game Engine at the Computer Game Developer Conference.
- NetImmerse 3.0 brings NetImmerse into the console world with its release for Sony PlayStation 2.
- NetImmerse ported to Xbox and Nintendo GameCube.
- NDL ships the next step in the evolution of Game Development, Gamebryo.
Aug 18, 2005:
- The company merges with Emergent Game Technologies to form the complete game infrastructure company.