Company history contributed by B.L. Stryker (23137) and Sciere (710604)
- Company founded as DMA Design by Dave Jones, Russell Kay, Steve Hammond and Mike Dailly in Dundee, Scotland.
- The company is sold to British publisher Gremlin Interactive.
Sep 29, 1999:
- The company is acquired by Take-Two Interactive Software from Infogrames Entertainment for $11 million in cash. Dave Jones, original founder of DMA Design, leaves to take up a job at Denki and 3 years later creates his own company Real Time Worlds.
- The company moves to Edinburgh, Scotland.
- DMA Design is renamed to Rockstar North so that there would be a tighter alliance with Rockstar Games.
Dec 18, 2003:
- Scottish consultant Mark Gallagher launches a £1.5m legal action claiming to have shown his game Crime, Inc. to DMA Design during a job interview in 1993 with the company, and that 1997's Grand Theft Auto was ripped off from his original work.