Company history contributed by Jeanne (76265)
- The company is incorporated as MicroPro International Corp. in the state of California (USA).
- MicroPro International Corp. is incorporated again in the state of Delaware (USA).
Jun 18, 1989:
- The company name is changed to WordStar International Inc.
- WordStar International acquires Lifetree Software Inc.
- WordStar International creates a foreign subsidiary, WordStar International S.A., France.
- WordStar International acquires ZSoft.
Feb 04, 1994:
- WordStar International merges with Spinnaker Software Corp. and SoftKey Software Products Inc. to form a new company - SoftKey International Inc.
- SoftKey International acquires Aris Multimedia Entertainment Inc.
- SoftKey International acquires Compact Publishing, Inc. and merges it with Aris Multimedia Entertainment to form the new subsidiary SoftKey Multimedia Inc. in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA).
Sep 13, 1994:
- It is announced that SoftKey International Inc. has acquired Software Marketing Corporation of Phoenix, Arizona.
Jul 18, 1995:
- SoftKey International announces a definitive agreement to acquire Future Vision Holding, Inc. and plans to merge Future's New York branch into SoftKey's Cambridge, Mass. facility.
Jul 25, 1995:
- SoftKey International Inc. announces that it has acquired Tewi Verlag GmbH.
Aug 31, 1995:
- The company's acquisition of Future Vision Holding, Inc. is completed, including: Future Vision Multimedia Inc. (New York), Multimedia Products Corporation (New York) and Superstudio Ltd. (Israel).
Nov 30, 1995:
- It is announced that a merger agreement has been signed with Compton's NewMedia, Inc.
Dec 07, 1995:
- SoftKey International Inc. announces that an agreement to acquire The Learning Company has been reached.
Jan 04, 1996:
- The completion of the merger with Compton's NewMedia Inc. into SoftKey International announced.
May 17, 1996:
- SoftKey International acquires Minnesota Educational Computing Corporation (MECC).
Aug 12, 1996:
- SoftKey International acquires Edusoft S.A. (France).
- Softkey International changes its name to The Learning Company Inc.