Jul 31, 1967:
- Company founded.
- The company starts selling amusement machines.
- First own amusement installation in a bowling centre in Chiba prefecture.
- The company changes its name to Tehkan.
- The company releases its first own game, a vertical space shooter called Pleiades.
- Company changed its name from Tehkan to Tecmo.
Feb 09, 2005:
- The company files suit in federal court in Chicago against the members of an Internet forum dedicated to hacking their titles. The members of the site, NinjaHacker.net, are responsible for creating and hosting "illegal content", such as alternate costumes for characters.
Aug 28, 2008:
- Square Enix Co., Ltd. unveils its plans to acquire Tecmo (worldwide) by purchasing shares in that company at 30 percent premium.
- A judicial settlement is reached in a case made against the company by two members of Team Ninja over unpaid overtime.
Sep 05, 2008: