- Company founded by Peter D. Adkison with six other young professionals.
- Loren Greenwood joins the company as Vice President of Sales
- Company purchases TSR, Inc.
- Company acquired by Hasbro Inc.
- Founder Peter Adkison leaves the company to pursue personal interests.
Jun 24, 2002:
- Wizards of the Coast releases Magic: The Gathering Online, a massive multiplayer online version of their acclaimed collectible cards game.
Oct 01, 2003:
- Wizards of the Coast files a lawsuit against Pokemon USA, Inc., the New York-based subsidiary of The Pokemon Company in Japan over the Pokemon Trading Card Game
Dec 29, 2003:
- Wizards of the Coast and Pokemon USA agree to resolve their differences over the Pokemon Trading Card Game amicably without the need for legal proceedings