Also Known As
- Steve Meretzky
- S. Eric Meretzky
- Steven Meretzky
Steve was born and raised in Yonkers, NY, where he rooted for the NY Mets and against Richard Nixon. Meretzky moved on to MIT to pursue a career in architecture. MIT's department of Architecture convinced him that he should pursue a career in Construction Management. Several construction firms convinced Meretzky that he should pursue a career as a game tester for Infocom, where he moved onward and upward, producing some of the most successful titles in computer gaming.
Some of his best selling classics as Planetfall, Sorcerer, Zork Zero, Leather Goddesses of Phobos, and the interactive fiction version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (co-written with Douglas Adams).
Meretzky has consulted for Blizzard Entertainment, Hasbro and Disney and he designed games for numerous companies, such as his Spellcasting 101 series for Legend Entertainment. Steve was co-founder of Boffo Games, the developer of games as Hodj 'n' Podj and The Space Bar, and served as Creative Content Director at WorldWinner, Inc.
In January 2007, he joined Blue Fang Games as Senior Designer.
Last updated: Jan 09, 2007
- Interview with Computer and Video Games -- UK gaming magazine (issue #60, October 1986)
- Wikipedia -- The Steven Meretzky profile at Wikipedia
- Four Minds Forever Voyaging -- May 1986 UK magazine ZZap!64 interview with Steve Meretzky
- Interview with Steve Meretzky -- on AdventureClassicGaming.com (03 May 2001)
- Steve Meretzky (Infocom) – Interview -- Steve Meretzky sits down with Arcade Attack to discuss his great work in the video game industry.
- Infocom Authors -- Short biography of Steven Meretzky.