🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > King of Dragon Pass > Exploration

SharkD (425) on 1/17/2009 7:20 AM · Permalink · Report

How is exploration handled in this game? Is it menu-driven? Is there a map?

Indra was here (20755) on 1/18/2009 10:14 PM · Permalink · Report

There's a button (symbols) somewhere on the top middle (of the main screen) you can click on (a lot of menu's there...you might have missed it). One of those symbols leads you to an exploration map.

SharkD (425) on 1/20/2009 10:44 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I suggest adding it to the 4X group then, as it has all the other Xs (as I understand things).

Indra was here (20755) on 1/20/2009 7:47 PM · Permalink · Report

Nope. Not even close. Does not qualify in the technology aspect.

SharkD (425) on 1/21/2009 5:02 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Not sure what you mean... There are "advancements" to your tribe that you as a player can "unlock", such as whether or not to become a kingdom, or to build shrines that incur favor among the gods. Choosing the proper combination of advisors is also important in that it affects the quality of information you receive for a given situation. Individuals in the tribe develop specialized skills to complete certain tasks, which could be considered a type of "upgrade".

Indra was here (20755) on 1/21/2009 9:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes. But very much in essense different when comparing to Civilization or Master of Orion. Re-reading the 4x game group, I'll make my essesement:

[1] Neighbours in King of Dragon Pass are not essentially enemies. It is not possible to wage war on each and every neighbour (try attacking those mighty ducks or dragons. Death guaranteed).
[2] Structural building is subject to your entire clan. There are no independent towns/cities. Just one whole clan.
[3] There is no "technological tree" or branching of technologies/advancements. Upgrades usually only occur once.
[4] No multiplayer. (hmm, need to add this in the game group)

Well, the point is simply to make sure that each game within a particular game group should directly reflect what it was meant originally meant for. King of Dragon Pass is essentially a story-driven adventure book posing as strategy game, far different than most 4x games.

SharkD (425) on 1/22/2009 10:19 AM · Permalink · Report

OK, thanks.