Forums > Game Forums > Pac-in-Time > Cannot playing music tracks with a MOD player

PAC K. on 3/22/2020 2:13 PM · Permalink · Report

I tried to play music tracks with a MOD player as it says on trivia, but I couldn't play them. How can I listen them?

Rwolf (22823) on 3/22/2020 6:19 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I tried it, but does not work for me either in the DOS version. My modplayer says it an unknown file format, might be some proprietary OPL2/3 thing, but I don't have a player for those installed at the moment. The text strings showing instrument names etc.

The music seems to be playable on AdLib, based on this OST I found online: https://elmobo.bandcamp.com/album/pac-in-time-ost-dos-adlib

The 'mod' trivia might be incorrect, or it could be another platform version of the game that had this feature.

PAC K. on 3/23/2020 2:19 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Thanks for your reply. I suffered from the same problem, too.

Actually, I have found the way to play them for several years... elmobo's album was good, and I even paid for him as a token of my gratitude. But there aren't some tracks on that, such as forest, snow mountain theme(all of DOS version contain 13, but elmobo's contains total 8.) I asked to him about missing files and the way to convert, but he answered sorry for me, he can't remember since it was a very long time ago.

I think KMD files contained on DOS version are not common MOD format because all of mod players and convertors which I used didn't even recognize them.