Forums > Game Forums > Tomb Raider: Gold > Hello out there !

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 12/22/2007 2:50 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Does anyone actually play the Tomb Raider gold expansions ? Tomb Raider Gold is the only one I've played. Anyonelse ?

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/22/2007 3:34 PM · Permalink · Report

That's enough, Daniel. You'll completely spoil my reputation by luring me out like that. I don't want everybody to know that I've played every frickin' expansion of this infamous franchise.

Oh, well. Anyway, Gold is not exactly my favorite among the TR expansion packs. I don't remember why exactly, because it was just too long ago. Still, Tomb Raider: The Lost Artifact made a better impression on me, partly due to its unbelievably complex and fun level design.

The worst expansion is Chronicles. Some people consider it to be the fifth title of the series, but it doesn't progress the story or answer any questions, it felt like a quick follow-up to Revelation minus amazing CGI sequences and interesting story.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 12/22/2007 5:00 PM · Permalink · Report

I have all the PS1 Tomb Raider versions but I still need to finish number 3 and Chronicles. Yeah Chronicles is pretty blah, but I'm willing to give it a try. But I when I got Tomb Raider Gold, it had the four level expansion, AND the original Tomb Raider ! How about you ?

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/23/2007 9:08 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I have all the PS1 Tomb Raider versions but I still need to finish number 3 and Chronicles. Yeah Chronicles is pretty blah, but I'm willing to give it a try. But I when I got Tomb Raider Gold, it had the four level expansion, AND the original Tomb Raider ! How about you ? [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

I don't have discs of earlier games, and they're nothing I miss. (back then the distinction between pirated and legal software was pretty blurry, partly because there was none of the latter)

Quite interesting is that I've only played PC versions. I tried to play TR2 on PS once, and it was very disappointing. Go figure!

So, what's the best one so far?

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 12/23/2007 3:41 PM · Permalink · Report

I still count Tomb Raider 1 as the best. Tomb Raider 2 was pretty cool. It only took me about two weeks to beat. The Italian levels can be a major pain,but the rest of the levels make up for them. But the best sequel is still Last Revalation. The ending is awful, but this is so worth playing. The acting and story telling is superb. And the level design is the best I've seen in a Tomb Raider game.

Slug Camargo (583) on 1/5/2008 5:25 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--] The worst expansion is Chronicles. Some people consider it to be the fifth title of the series, but it doesn't progress the story or answer any questions, it felt like a quick follow-up to Revelation minus amazing CGI sequences and interesting story. [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--] Actually, Chronicles does advance the story a little bit, only it does it in the very last cutscene, so you have to play the entire game. I know it because my sister made the effort, I couldn't stand any far past the second level. Chronicles is the only TR I never bothered to finish.

And Angel of Darkness, of course, but I couldn't finish that one even if I wanted to, as it crashed on me at some point.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/7/2008 5:17 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm not sure if I'm a big enough Tomb Raider fan to play AoD. But I am willing to play Chronicles just as soon as I finish Brood War.