Forums > Game Forums > Putt-Putt and Fatty Bear's Activity Pack > Oddity with the credits

Mr. Eight-Three-One (1840) on 6/23/2017 8:26 PM · Permalink · Report

So, something a bit odd I noticed. The game credits George "The Fat Man" Sanger as the game's music composer. They even list his entire band, like the piano and drum players (I thought that was a bit odd considering the game has a synthesized soundtrack, but whatever, that's besides the point). This is peculiar because...

...well, he had no involvement with this game's music. This game completely consists of recycled music from Putt-Putt Joins the Parade, where Tom McMail is credited as the composer. Had the game recycled music from Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon it would have been correct, but it doesn't. But what makes this difficult is that it sounds like I'm just making this up, considering there's no proper source on this. I want to guess the reason this error was made was because of confusion on the dev team's part -- this game was sandwiched between three games that all were scored by The Fat Man...

Putt-Putt Joins the Parade (Tom McMail, 1992)

Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise (Tom McMail, 1993)

Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon (The Fat Man, 1993)

Putt-Putt and Fatty Bear's Activity Pack (Tom McMail, but incorrectly listed as The Fat Man, 1994)

Freddi Fish and the Missing Kelp Seeds (The Fat Man, 1994)

Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo (The Fat Man, 1995)

In case there's any doubt that I don't have the slightest clue what I'm talking about, take a listen here.

https://youtu.be/xVFpQ5tVqsg?t=5m33s

https://youtu.be/zpq7-VlZImU?t=27s

The pieces you hear at the points I link to in each of the videos are the exact same piece. They didn't modify the score in any way come The Activity Pack, it's the same soundtrack with the same instrumentation and everything.

So yeah, I apologize about making such a big deal over something so trivial, but what do y'all think? Should the credits be corrected?

Freeman (64840) on 6/23/2017 8:53 PM · Permalink · Report

The credits' source was the readme file. I don't know very much about these games, but are you saying that none of the tracks used in the compilation are from Sanger? With regard to Tom McMail, we could credit him with 'Composer (uncredited)'.

Mr. Eight-Three-One (1840) on 6/27/2017 10:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, that's what I had been referring to. And yeah, that's basically what I'm saying. Not an atrocity by any means, and it's not something I will lose sleep over, but it's one of the few proper cases of a miscredit I've found in the HE games.

Freeman (64840) on 6/28/2017 4:39 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for bringing it up - having accurate credits is important. I've added Tom McMail as the uncredited composer and changed George Sangar and the band members to entities - this way the game won't show up on their respective developer pages but the credits still follow the official source.

Lain Crowley (6630) on 7/21/2017 6:17 AM · Permalink · Report

Additionally the fatman's website claims credit for Moon, Zoo, and Freddi Fish, but not this Activity Pack:

http://www.fatman.com/faqs.htm