🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 > Credits query re-opened (Resolved)

piltdown_man (236065) on 5/9/2014 1:30 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I found a discrepancy between the credits on the database and those in the manual for the UK PS2 release. That was resolved and additional credits have been entered. However, I have just received an e-mail from the developer, Yuke's, in which they say that the credits in the UK PS2 manual are actually from WWE: Day of Reckoning 2, released on the Nintendo Game Cube. They are certainly similar to the moby credits for that game but there are differences especially in the Lead Testers & Testers groups.

I'm posting this to confirm that there is still general agreement that the erroneous credits should stay on the database against WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006.

Yuke's e-mailed reply is here : http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g412/grahamsgamepics/capture000002_09052014_142353.png

A scan of pages 52/53 containing the bulk of the manual credits is here, page 54 is just more music credits.: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g412/grahamsgamepics/cred.jpg

Sciere (930488) on 5/9/2014 11:57 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm not sure what to think. I would take the in-game credits over the manual ones at any rate.

piltdown_man (236065) on 5/10/2014 8:01 AM · Permalink · Report

I've been pondering this overnight and I have two proposals.

1. Leave the credits as they are but add a Trivia entry saying that the credits in the UK PS2 manual are incorrect. This keeps the submission accurate and anyone who spots the same discrepancy in the future will know it's been looked into and what has been done

2. Delete the additional credits but again, add a trivia entry so that the discrepancy is recorded.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95185) on 5/10/2014 4:11 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start piltdown_man wrote--]2. Delete the additional credits but again, add a trivia entry so that the discrepancy is recorded. [/Q --end piltdown_man wrote--] This gets my vote. If it's been confirmed by the developer that the credits are incorrect, I don't see any reason to keep them considering they aren't properly representative of the game.

piltdown_man (236065) on 5/16/2014 9:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the reply. I've been hanging on to see if there were any other suggestions. That hasn't happened and it seems that we think alike. I'll be submitting changes soon and when I do so I will close down this thread.

piltdown_man (236065) on 5/18/2014 6:02 PM · Permalink · Report

I have submitted a correction to remove the erroneous credits and a new Trivia item to document the error.