Forums > Game Forums > American McGee's Alice > Sequel on its way

xroox (3895) on 2/20/2009 12:58 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I didn't like the original American McGee's Alice, but I appreciate that lots of other people love it, so this is (potentially) amazing news for them.

Also, the piece of concept art used for this news item is truly fantastic:
The Return Of American McGee's Alice

[EDIT: Poster-size (5000 x 5450 pixel) version of that image :)]

Slug Camargo (583) on 2/20/2009 2:13 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sam Jeffreys wrote--]I didn't like the original American McGee's Alice, but I appreciate that lots of other people love it, so this is (potentially) amazing news for them. [/Q --end Sam Jeffreys wrote--] Well I did like the original, and yet I think this is about the stupidest idea anyone could ever fart. The one thing that made the first game good was how it toyed around with notions from the original stories, and unless they have Carroll resurrected to write a third chapter, I can't seem to shake the feeling that this is just McGee's desperate attempt to cling to the one thing he's ever done in his life that didn't end up a catastrophic, puke-inducing failure. And he does it by shitting on one of my favorite pieces of literature, the fucking fudgepacker.

Still, I am gonna play it as soon as it comes out, of course =P

xroox (3895) on 2/20/2009 2:52 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm always ready to give people the benefit of the doubt. Who knows? The game could be great. I'm not really bothered about it, I don't have any expectations for it, but I hope it's good - for the sake of the fans.

I do love the two 'Alice' books, and even if this totally sucks, it's not going to negatively affect the source material :)

[Best case scenario: I play this game. I get chased up a lighthouse by snails. I meet a giant snail. It spits goo all over me. I slice it with a vorpal blade. The game ROCKS.]