🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Krieg um die Krone > Release version?

Edwin Drost (9473) on 2/3/2017 12:15 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

What is the One-time cardboard version? Is that the same as the Golden Disk C64 mag. version that I have? That's because the floppies that originally came with the Golden Disk or Magic Disk C64 had no labels on it.

Anyone?

Edwin Drost (9473) on 4/22/2017 4:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Okay. http://www.mobygames.com/game/c64/krieg-um-die-krone/cover-art/gameCoverId,131776/ is the Boeder Software GmbH release. (distributed by Bit Star Games)

Need some help here:

1) Is the box release published or distributed by Leisuresoft Ltd.? (http://www.mobygames.com/game/c64/krieg-um-die-krone/cover-art/gameCoverId,186263/)

2) Boeder Software GmbdH published the "bit star" budget re-release and Bit Star Games distributed the game in the year 1989, right? (but I think that question is a bit too specific and all. Sorry)

Why asking? Well. As you can see there are several different releases of this game (three to be precise) and therefore I have a bit of a dilemma is how is the best way to do this; Put all them in releases or keep it like this and just write the several releases in the Cover Art comments. If you know what I mean.

The same problem has Schwert und Magie that's published and developed by the same company (GDG). It has the original Golden Disk 64 release (which I have in my possession), the Diskette 1 release by GDG as compilation, as a compilation by Data House Software (it does say Lizenz von Data House Software) and Boeder Software GmbH.

Should all the publishers (GDG, Data House Software and Boeder Software GmbH) be in release-info like:

Published by: German Design Group.

Developed by: German Design Group.

Release Date: November 7 1989 (7.11.89) Comments: Golden Disk 64 magazine release together with Krieg um die Krone.

Release Date: 1989 Comments: Compilation of episode 1+2.

Published by: Boeder Software GmbH

Distributed by: Bit Star

Release Date: 1989 Comments: "bit star" budget re-release

Published by: Data House Software.

Release Date: 1991 Comments: Compilation of episode 1+2.

OR:

Release Date: 1989

and then several releases be written as comments by Cover Art?

My deepest apologies for doing this, but I just want to make sure that I do not make mistakes before contribute a new game by GDG called Schwert und Magie.

Rwolf (22827) on 4/22/2017 6:11 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

1. Leisuresoft were distributors unless I'm mistaken. (They were located both in UK and in Germany) I guess yours would be Leisuresoft Deutschland GmbH - Now they are JoWood: http://www.mobygames.com/company/jowood-vertriebs-gmbh-international

2. You do one release at a time (anyone you can document); once the game has an entry, there is one release in place and you can add more releases to a game, from earlier or later time, when you find verifyable data for them. That way every release is kept separate with countries, dates and (if applicable) product codes from covers etc.