Forums > Game Forums > Mafia > Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven

Indra was here (20756) on 8/30/2010 8:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Is this the official title for this game? It seems to be sprayed all over the internet wall.

Adzuken (836) on 8/31/2010 1:36 AM · Permalink · Report

Maybe, but I doubt it. I've never seen it referred to with the subtitle in any of the official media. Not on the box, the disks, the opening menu, the boot screen, opening credits, or anywhere. At least, not on the North American version. However, there are a lot of internet sites that refer to the subtitle, and I imagine that they got it from somewhere, but who knows?

Indra was here (20756) on 8/31/2010 10:29 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Adzuken wrote--]I've never seen it referred to with the subtitle in any of the official media. [/Q --end Adzuken wrote--] Sigh. Another reason not to trust wikipedia as a reliable source of information.

Interesting though, that this "fictitious" sub-title exists everywhere and no one (except us :p) bothered to verify it.

Lain Crowley (6629) on 8/31/2010 5:06 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Adzuken wrote--]Maybe, but I doubt it. I've never seen it referred to with the subtitle in any of the official media. Not on the box, the disks, the opening menu, the boot screen, opening credits, or anywhere. At least, not on the North American version. However, there are a lot of internet sites that refer to the subtitle, and I imagine that they got it from somewhere, but who knows? [/Q --end Adzuken wrote--]

There's one place you missed checking.

Indra was here (20756) on 8/31/2010 10:51 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Lain Crowley wrote--]There's one place you missed checking. [/Q --end Lain Crowley wrote--] Aha!

Er. Then why isn't that name on the cover art?

Adzuken (836) on 8/31/2010 11:09 PM · Permalink · Report

I propose adding the subtitle as an alternate title. If it was the official title of the game, you'd think at the very least it'd be in the game's opening credits.

vedder (70767) on 9/1/2010 8:31 AM · Permalink · Report

I'd go for "Promotional title"