Forums > Find a game > Windows 3.1 Christmas Games?

Roger K on 5/25/2014 8:21 PM · Permalink · Report

I used to have some games on my windows 3.1 computer that were Christmas related. On one Santa would go around and drop gifts into chimney's and the others I can't quite remember. There were at least two, but may have been up to four of them on that computer.

Well, needless to say that computer died a long time ago and I've been searching for the games ever since. It ran as xmas93.exe. Does anyone have any idea what the games might've been?

Parf (7873) on 5/26/2014 5:44 AM · Permalink · Report

Here's a good place to start searching: Theme: Christmas

As for the Santa dropping gifts... That sounds like something a demo group made back in the day, but the name escapes me. I had it as well. It was side-scrolling and you controlled santa in his sleigh. You could drop gifts down into chimneys or shoot them forward to dispose of enemies. Could that be it?

strangegloves on 5/28/2014 1:12 AM · Permalink · Report

I think you may be remembering Christmas for Windows, featured in this Lazy Game Reviews video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mppAj4wvyRg

Apologies for the non-clicky link, I can't seem to get the usual BB code working and I don't see it mentioned in the guidelines.

Anyway, that software was released in 1993 for Windows 3.1. Amusing that you remember the exact name of the executable but not the name of the program. Perhaps because it has such a generic title. :) It does feature a game where you drop presents down chimneys called Holiday Delivery.

Hope this helps!

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 5/28/2014 2:41 AM · Permalink · Report

No BB code here; just HTML.

WillyWombat (10) on 6/29/2014 10:29 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Oh! Yup, I'm not the OP, but this is it. The nostalgias...

Ironically, I just searched for KYE jr. and only the original KYE has been submitted. Would this game be listed separate, even though it's part of a bundled software package?