Forums > Find a game > floor jumping/skyscraper game

Gergo Szabo on 5/23/2020 5:20 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi, looking for a game kind of like a floor jumping one, quite old but not sure which year it is from. 2D i believe and you play as a little man washing the windows of a high building like a skyscraper. On one screen you can see 4-5 floors and you can jump upper and lower to clean the windows. There are several other little men jumping around the floors throwing hammers at you which will make you faint for a few seconds so they can make the windows dirty again. It can be played by 2 players at the same time in a team. After reaching a certain level, the boss will appear who is usually much bigger and will throw more things at you till you lose all your lives. Been looking for this game months now, different words in google but nothing came up on links/images/videos. Thanks so much for the help in advance, I hope someone might know something.

Victor Vance (18098) on 5/23/2020 5:26 PM · Permalink · Report

I haven´t played it yet but the first thing that came to my mind is Window Wizard:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/window-wizard

I don´t know if there is a 2-player mode but some of your descriped aspects of the game sure seem to apply here. Is this the one you are searching for?

Gergo Szabo on 5/23/2020 9:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Thank you for this quick response! You are right, it is similar but unfortunately it isn't the one I'm looking for. The one I'd need has a little better graphic and you can freely move around without that "cleaning cabin" and the so called enemies are walking around too.

Victor Vance (18098) on 5/23/2020 10:49 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Can you remember on which computer or console you played it? That could help narrowing down the search.

Gergo Szabo on 5/24/2020 12:19 PM · Permalink · Report

As I remember I've played it like 10-15 years ago, I think it was windows xp.

cause a commotion! on 5/25/2020 7:41 AM · Permalink · Report

Sounds like the Japanese shareware game Building Panic by Yamada no Ana Project. Or I guess it could be the sequel.

The original was posted to various shareware sites, and you can grab it at the Internet Archive, although that version may be slightly out of date (I can't check it now, but the most recent version was 1.07, which you can grab for certainty here). I have to admit I'm somewhat confused as to the license of Building Panic 2. It seems you could download a 4mb demo and register it like traditional shareware, or you download a 6mb full version with DRM/adware by "Optmedia", which is now defunct. You can download that demo here.

There was apparently also a retail CD version of the first game (archived website, out-of-stock entry at Suruga-ya, box art at GameFAQs, CD data at Redump). I have no idea what differences it might have, if any.

Of course, if my guess was wrong, all these links are useless to you. Oh well.

Gergo Szabo on 5/25/2020 7:16 PM · Permalink · Report

I honestly can't believe it!!! Thank you so much! You're amazing, that's exactly the one I wanted. I'm glad this site is still active and you guys are a big help! I'll check out the links too, I'm just way too happy right now lol