Forums > News > Uwe Boll to receive lifetime dishonor by the Razzies

Macs Black (80290) on 1/27/2009 3:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Uwe Boll, the German director infamous for his film adaptations of video game titles, is set to receive the Worst Career Achievement award at this year's Golden Raspberry Awards.

One of his recent works, In The Name of the King, based on Dungeon Siege, is also running for Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Suporting Actor (Burt Reynolds), Worst Supporting Actress (Leelee Sobieski), Worst Screenplay (by Doug Taylor) and Worst Screen Couple (Uwe Boll and any actor, camera or screenplay).

The previous recipient of the award was Bruce, the mechanic shark of the Jaws movie series, in 1987.

formercontrib (157526) on 1/27/2009 4:01 PM · Permalink · Report

Nothing much to say about this: I think millions of people all over the world would say:

"He REALYYYYYYYYYYYY deserves this" ;)

Doppelgamer (184) on 1/27/2009 4:55 PM · Permalink · Report

He's sleaze personified. The boxing stunt was despicable and his films even more so.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/27/2009 9:20 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Believable. As in, I can believe it ! 8)

Big John WV (26954) on 1/27/2009 9:37 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't know much of the man, but I have seen the movie and let me tell you I was scratching my head at that one. It's one of the "it so cheesy, it's fun to watch movies". The bad guys had that weird make up, martial arts in a medieval movie and I can't figure out why Jason Statham and Ron Pearlman were involved, didn't they have something else to do? I can understand Ray Liotta and Burt Reynolds since they are winding down and was it me or did Reynolds seem like he was drunk sometimes? Matthew Lillard sucked and I mean sucked in his role, he must me whoring himself out for money now. Truly, this movie was that terrible so, to Uwe Boll, congrats I guess, you deserve it for that flaming pile of dog turd of a movie.

DreinIX (10472) on 1/27/2009 9:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Makes you wonder. Do the people who give him money to make these movies hate cinema or video games more?

St. Martyne (3648) on 1/27/2009 9:56 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DreinIX wrote--]Makes you wonder. Do the people who give him money to make these movies hate cinema or video games more? [/Q --end DreinIX wrote--]

There was something about law in Germany encouraging their own directors to make movies by some relaxation in tax rules or whatnot.

Indra was here (20756) on 1/27/2009 10:31 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Macs Black wrote--]One of his recent works, In The Name of the King, based on Dungeon Siege, is also running for Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Suporting Actor (Burt Reynolds), Worst Supporting Actress (Leelee Sobieski), Worst Screenplay (by Doug Taylor) and Worst Screen Couple (Uwe Boll and any actor, camera or screenplay). [/Q --end Macs Black wrote--] Has my vote. Was as bad as the Dungeons & Dragons movie...or maybe worse.

Big John WV (26954) on 1/28/2009 5:02 AM · Permalink · Report

This is a bit off topic, but talking about horrible movies, check out this Cruel Jaws. If you want to bust a gut, go to 7:25.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/28/2009 1:28 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Big John WV wrote--]This is a bit off topic, but talking about horrible movies, check out this Cruel Jaws. If you want to bust a gut, go to 7:25. [/Q --end Big John WV wrote--]

Wahaha ! That IS so bad it's funny !

So Hai (261) on 1/28/2009 8:28 AM · Permalink · Report

Oh no! Don't encourage him! If he thinks he can't get any lower GOD knows what he'll vomit from his trash-filled orifice next...

BostonGeorge (751) on 1/28/2009 8:37 AM · Permalink · Report

He is a shame for Germany and for all filmmakers in the world!
He messed up my beloved "Alone in the Dark"!!
I will never forgive this blasphemy !!!

St. Martyne (3648) on 1/28/2009 2:01 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Boston81 wrote--]He is a shame for Germany and for all filmmakers in the world!
He messed up my beloved "Alone in the Dark"!!
I will never forgive this blasphemy !!!
[/Q --end Boston81 wrote--]

Hey! Great Ecstatica reviews.

Welcome to the forums.

BostonGeorge (751) on 1/28/2009 2:09 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--] Hey! Great Ecstatica reviews.

Welcome to the forums. [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--]

Thanks ... and... thanks! ;D

Haoie on 2/9/2009 12:46 AM · Permalink · Report

No surprises here.

He's damned all gaming movies to hell.

xroox (3895) on 2/9/2009 5:37 AM · Permalink · Report

I love Uwe. I'm glad he exists, and I congratulate him on this well-deserved reward.

jlebel (2190) on 2/18/2009 3:48 AM · Permalink · Report

Why bother with awards like this? Don't they serve to give him further attention? Even if it is negative, it's still a form of publicity. IMO it's best to ignore this director, all his projects, and just let him slip into obscurity.