Forums > News > Loss of one of our own

Corn Popper (69027) on 9/18/2011 9:58 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Not game related, but certainly site related. On of our own site contributors and approver DJP Mom has passed away. The following was posted on her Facebook page:

My name is Corey, Deb's son. Unfortunately my mother passed away tonight at 1:00 AM in a state of cardiac arrest. To all her friends, thank you for keeping her as happy as possible, and please keep her in your thoughts. please send your thoughts and comments to [email protected]. Thank You.

Our deepest condolences to her family, rest in peace. - MobyGames

Indra was here (20756) on 9/18/2011 11:39 AM · Permalink · Report

Bye, mom. Never did start reading those books you recommended...still probably won't. You know me. :)

See you around.

lilalurl (733) on 9/18/2011 12:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Requiescat in pace

MZ per X (3017) on 9/18/2011 1:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Kein Kampf mehr, kein Schmerz, nur noch ewiger Frieden. Auf ein Wiedersehen, Mom!

You'll have an eye on MobyGames, no doubt. :o)

Servo (57070) on 9/18/2011 11:10 PM · Permalink · Report

This is extremely sad news; I will miss you!

Thank you for your amazing contributions to this world, and now rest in peace!

Rola (8483) on 9/18/2011 1:37 PM · Permalink · Report

I've learned on the forum about DJP Mom's condition, yet I still fooled myself with hope that it won't happen so soon... but hope can be extinguished so quickly... just as human life.

Every time we stumble on her forum posts it would be as if she's still signing in online...

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/18/2011 1:57 PM · Permalink · Report

She was always one of the nicest people here, and she was always nice to me, even when I was being annoying. She'll be missed a lot. :(

formercontrib (157510) on 9/18/2011 2:08 PM · Permalink · Report

This day seems to be not a very good one. An hour before i received the info about an suicide, and now this - really sad :(

All the best for her beloved ones and rest in peace, Deborah. After many years, with all the ups and downs, the pain and the hope - on the way to final victory, the loss seem to make really no sense :(

Somebody bring me Sisko! (8) on 9/18/2011 2:22 PM · Permalink · Report

;(

Игги Друге (46653) on 9/18/2011 2:42 PM · Permalink · Report

That's too bad – she was a very nice and contributed as much to the atmosphere in the forums as to the site contents.

Starbuck the Third (22606) on 9/18/2011 4:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Moby's loss is heaven's gain. RIP, DJP. Sympathies to her family.

Adzuken (836) on 9/18/2011 4:32 PM · Permalink · Report

This sucks. She'll certainly be missed here.

karttu (5511) on 9/18/2011 5:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Well this was sad news. Condolences to the family.

Slug Camargo (583) on 9/18/2011 8:57 PM · Permalink · Report

I saw this as soon as it was posted and I couldn't bring myself to say anything. This was honest-to-God devastating to hear --way more than I could've anticipated.

There goes who, as far as I can tell, might very well be the last nice person in the planet. And quite a fighter too. The internet is gonna be a much more horrible place without her kindness around to balance things out. I hope we all here at MG especially know just how lucky we were to have her with us, because we're not gonna find someone even remotely similar to her again.

One of my cats is sitting on my lap as I type this, I like to think of this as a sort of homage to her :)

Trixter (8952) on 9/19/2011 3:07 AM · Permalink · Report

She outlived her doctors' prognosis by nearly half a decade IIRC, maybe more in fact.

She always had nice things to say and was encouraging to me when I felt down. I will miss her.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 9/19/2011 5:31 AM · Permalink · Report

Oh no. And the last thing she said to me was: "When will you come back to Moby?" Bloody hell. Fuck. Shit. Damn.

Time, there's not enough of it.

Damn.

I was counting on more time.

Well this sucks.

I'll miss you Deborah Jane Post.

Goodbye.

Tien Thuy Le Nguyen (2237) on 9/19/2011 8:29 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Poor woman...

You will always in our hearts.

Daniel Saner (3503) on 9/19/2011 6:35 PM · Permalink · Report

This was shocking to read; I did not know about her condition. She was always such a warm and friendly presence here, as I am sure she was everywhere else in her life. I wish her family and friends much strength.

Farewell, Deborah!

Doppelgamer (184) on 9/21/2011 1:26 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Wow, this is pretty heavy. Seems like she was always part of the place, and now she's moved on. :<( Thanks for informing us.

This reminds me... Even though I bike a lot, I should probably adjust my eating habits a bit. I don't want to have heart issues of my own.

You know, I've had Might and Magic 1-6 for ages, but haven't played them. Always planned on getting part 7 & 8 from GOG.com eventually. I see that she liked M&M 6, 7 & 8. I'm going to slowly go through them all to honor your memory DJP Mom!

MZ per X (3017) on 9/21/2011 6:35 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Doppelgamer wrote--]Even though I bike a lot, I should probably adjust my eating habits a bit.[/Q --end Doppelgamer wrote--] Eating wasn't Deborah's problem. Just read through her profile to find out.

Doppelgamer (184) on 9/23/2011 3:02 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MZ per X wrote--] [Q2 --start Doppelgamer wrote--]Even though I bike a lot, I should probably adjust my eating habits a bit. [/Q2 --end Doppelgamer wrote--] Eating wasn't Deborah's problem. Just read through her profile to find out. [/Q --end MZ per X wrote--] No, I was saying that it was my problem.

Zovni (10504) on 9/21/2011 1:26 PM · Permalink · Report

She will be missed. Take care Deb.

Sicarius (61518) on 9/21/2011 5:19 PM · Permalink · Report

She was one of the nicest persons I've ever met on the internet. I'll miss but never forget her.

Scaryfun (20370) on 9/22/2011 9:16 AM · Permalink · Report

Librarians instilled a love of reading and finding information in my life, so DJP Mom made the world a better place not only with that. I enjoyed the PC kids game entries she added and all the work she did on here and help she gave. R.I.P.

Foxhack (32100) on 9/22/2011 7:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Descanse en paz.

Lo merece.

Kohler 86 (7870) on 9/23/2011 5:00 AM · Permalink · Report

She will be missed, for sure...
She's an example of a person who's passing through a hard situation, but still has the strength to fill with positivity the ambient around her
All my condolences to her family and friends. Rest in peace

The Fabulous King (1332) on 9/23/2011 5:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Still sad. Was hoping to have more Mobygames fun with DJPMom. But thank you Deborah for the last 5 years. It was great to have you here.

Trucidar (4) on 9/27/2011 3:38 AM · Permalink · Report

Very sad, my she rest in peace. :)

Maw (832) on 9/28/2011 11:41 AM · Permalink · Report

RIP

St. Martyne (3648) on 10/1/2011 8:21 PM · Permalink · Report

So sad to hear that. I hope her family is coping well. She was always considerate and attentive online, so I can only imagine what a great person she was in real life. Rest now.

Chris Wright (85) on 10/2/2011 2:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Sorry to hear this news. Surprised too.

Alex Z (1856) on 10/2/2011 2:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Didn't really know her, me being new and not very active. But I did notice she was very nice in the forums and had a great taste in games, often going for the funny and quirky instead of the mainstream behemoths. RIP, DJP Mom.

MichaelPalin (1414) on 10/27/2011 7:38 PM · Permalink · Report

I think it's the first time I know of a user of a forum I frequent to pass away, and it sucks. Thank you for all your work in MG, DJP!

Hollyoake Addams (33) on 10/30/2011 1:59 AM · Permalink · Report

here she is... [img]https://cdn.mobygames.com/user/17133303-image.jpg[/img]

RIP good friend of mobygames, you will be sorely missed.

CheerioDM (33) on 11/6/2011 6:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Did not know you. I don't know anyone on this site. And I feel it is dead. But. Oh, go ahead, click on the ruby slippers: you know you want to. And there's no place like home! ;-)

Parf (7873) on 11/12/2011 8:47 PM · Permalink · Report

You don't think there's a better place to be bitter and surly at MobyGames than in this thread? A lot of us here -did- know her, and it is more than a little rude to act like this in this thread.

Please complain in the other forums where it's more appropriate instead of here.

Thank you.

Perfil Falso (774) on 12/5/2011 1:44 PM · Permalink · Report

You have my deepest sympathy over your recent loss. I could tell how well loved she was, and what a wonderful life she had led.

"May you find comfort in your many memories of days shared, and of her floating away so peacefully with you all by her side."