🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > News > New Year's resolutions 2020

chirinea (47495) on 1/1/2020 7:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Happy new year! It's time to ask once again: what are your personal goals for 2020, MobyGames or gaming in general related? These are our resolutions from last year. What about this year? Let us know in the comments below.

Patrick Bregger (301035) on 1/1/2020 10:13 AM · Permalink · Report

My resolution from last year crashed and burned pretty fast. Since I more or less dropped out during the last half year, my resolution is simply to dedicate more time to the site again.

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (569120) on 1/1/2020 10:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Trying to get out of the "buy new game - play half-way - get new game - play half-way" yearly repeating cycle for once .... please pretty please... but my eyes like the sparkling new stuff so much.

Backlog gaming clearance, game administration (yup keeping an excel sheet on the side), moby games... Well that's the idea anyway :p

Rwolf (22827) on 1/1/2020 11:05 AM · Permalink · Report

As usual, I have resolved to not make any New Year's resolutions, and so keep Russel's paradox alive.

chirinea (47495) on 1/1/2020 1:46 PM · Permalink · Report

I didn't play as much as I wanted, in fact it my backlog in 2019 was worse than the previous year, but at least I got to 46K points here in MobyGames. This year I want to keep contributing product codes, but I guess I'll try something more profitable points-wise. Last year I said it would be nice to get to 50K by the end of 2020, but I'm not sure if I'll get there.

Flapco (46055) on 1/1/2020 3:19 PM · Permalink · Report

I’am not sure I finished more games I bought last year but at least I tried. I did however managed to add more games than the last two years. This year I hope to start and finish some games I have been meaning to play on my PS2 for a long time. Not sure this year will be as productive as last year as I am planning to buy a house, but will try to add at least some interesting games.

Cavalary (11445) on 1/1/2020 4:22 PM · Permalink · Report

See that last year I was very tentatively saying just 500 points as MG goal, and that was nowhere near, 263 (actually 262.25), since I can't get myself to bother with anything unless maybe I'm actually playing a game that's lacking something obvious here, like screenshots (or not in database at all), plus the usual reviews for anything I play having less than 3 or so.
So, from the MG point of view, maybe stay around here I guess, not make it my worst year yet (2010 had 254, or actually 253.75).

In terms of gaming, last year I was saying the usual, finish 5 games, including Jotun, Eschalon 1 and NWN: Kingmaker, with a stretch goal for Lords of Xulima and just a passing mention of giving King of Dragon Pass another go. And did finish 5 games, if you also count The Müll Littoral, and they did include Jotun and Eschalon 1, but still no KM, not even that campaign, though I am sort of trying again to just push for the end now... maybe.
This year, same thing of course, 5 games, and KM needs to be among the specifics again. Was thinking of Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader too, but I'd need to start that first. And the same passing mention for King of Dragon Pass. The others currently started, Lords of Xulima, Venetica and Ascension to the Throne, would be nice to finish without ending up putting off for years but not making a goal of any.

hoeksmas (149551) on 1/3/2020 2:03 AM · Permalink · Report

I'd like to finish scanning my video game collection and add a few more Apple II and TRS-80 games.

vedder (70822) on 1/3/2020 7:26 AM · Permalink · Report

Apparently my resolution from last year was adding some remaining pongs and my backlog of 1977 games. Well I finished that and more, since I added quite some games from 1978 and we now cover the full catalogue for the 1292 Advanced Programmable Video System!

This year I hope to finish my 1978 games backlog (300+ games on the list). And actually play some games. Didn't play a lot last year so my backlog is growing fast!

MAT (240968) on 1/4/2020 3:51 PM · Permalink · Report

Seems I'm not the only one that fell short of my last year's resolution, lol.

Let me add some simple goals for this year...

1) Write descriptions for scraped games which I play and finish this year. I managed to do this for maybe 30% of games I finished which had scraped description this year, because for some reason writing a "solid" description is a daunting task for me, but every now and then I find a courage to do so. Although I am much more inclined to write a description that doesn't require of me to describe the actual games included, like this one ;))

2) Seeing how I recently got Switch Lite (never would've got actual Switch console), maybe to set a goal to add 500 shots this year (for about 10 games or so, though only have a couple at the moment).

And bonus task...

3) To add PS5 platform... probably around XMas time ;))

jaXen (261015) on 1/4/2020 10:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, failed the last one - yeah self approval is the opposite of quality.

Hmm...let's try again this year :-D

piltdown_man (236150) on 1/11/2020 12:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Hmmmm. It's Jan 11 and I just spotted this on the front page.

My New Year's resolution has got to be to try and keep up with what's going on. However there's no way to measure this so come next year even I won't know whether I've kept it or not.