Forums > MobyGames > Wow, the staff must be backlogged as bad as my Steam library

Kalirion (565) on 3/4/2016 4:15 PM · Permalink · Report

Just received an Submission Approval email for a company I added on Jan 1, 2013.

Daniel Saner (3503) on 3/4/2016 4:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

There has been a pretty significant decline in activity during the three-and-a-half years that the site belonged to Gamefly, until the end of 2013. I guess the catching-up is still going on, but new submissions don't tend to remain pending for long anymore.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, approvers can handle items in any order, so it's possible that some older but more difficult to verify entries keep getting pushed down the queue.

I hear you on the Steam backlog though =D

Simon Carless (1835) on 3/4/2016 8:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, backlog on new games/screenshots is down to a matter of days. But there are a couple of queues - particularly escalated things and weird 'exception'-y things like companies - where we are still digging out from a number of years ago.

Something from 2008 was approved in the last two weeks for example! (I don't think that person turned up on the forums yet :P)

Plok (211759) on 3/5/2016 2:23 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Daniel Saner wrote--]but new submissions don't tend to remain pending for long anymore.[/Q --end Daniel Saner wrote--] Unless it's a correction. :P

Simon Carless (1835) on 3/5/2016 4:12 PM · Permalink · Report

Yep, but we're massively catching up. There are 588 corrections in the 21+ day category and there were 4x that as recently as months ago :)

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (568830) on 3/8/2016 8:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Plokite_Wolf wrote--] [Q2 --start Daniel Saner wrote--]but new submissions don't tend to remain pending for long anymore. [/Q2 --end Daniel Saner wrote--] Unless it's a correction. :P [/Q --end Plokite_Wolf wrote--]

Yep got a correction that was orignally from 12th of december last year, still in queue.

But still got 503 entries (miscelaneous) in total in queue