Forums > Game Talk > Bargain bins!!!!!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/3/2007 12:36 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I have gotten all kinds of good games from the bargain bins over the years. Here are some. Perfect Dark(never opened ! still had the official tape,instruction,and warning manuals PLUS!, a dated subscription to Nintendo Power during the n64 era) and Tekken 3. Just like Perfect Dark , never opened. How about anyone else ?

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 11/4/2007 6:02 PM · Permalink · Report

I got Clive Barker's Undying for $5 not even a year after release and a few weeks ago got the X-Men and Superman games for 360 for $10 each, but that may not have been such a bargain.

chirinea (47504) on 11/4/2007 6:26 PM · Permalink · Report

Heh, just check my entire have list. I guess I never paid more than R$ 20.00 (about US$ 11.42) for any game. Most of them are covermounts, so they're supposed to be cheaper, but I'm most pride of paying R$ 10.00 (US$ 5.71) for my Fallout 2 copy (I actually have two, the original one which cost me that and a covermount one, which cost me half of it).

Virgil (8563) on 11/4/2007 7:49 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]Heh, just check my entire have list. I guess I never paid more than R$ 20.00 (about US$ 11.42) for any game. Most of them are covermounts, so they're supposed to be cheaper, but I'm most pride of paying R$ 10.00 (US$ 5.71) for my Fallout 2 copy (I actually have two, the original one which cost me that and a covermount one, which cost me half of it). [/Q --end chirinea wrote--] I paid $35 for a new(read - unopened) copy of Fallout 2 on eBay plus shipping. In contrast, NFS:SE in box cost me $1 AU(~84 cents). But in general I don't buying games anymore, here they comes with Starforce installed and ridiculous customer support, so in 2006 I've bought sealed jewel case with Brigade E5. And guess what? One of two CDs were unreadable.

Depeche Mike (17455) on 11/5/2007 2:55 AM · Permalink · Report

off the top of my head, here are some great bargains I keep seeing: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, Second Sight, Prey LTD Edition, Rogue Trooper, Beyond Good and Evil. They're not always in bargain bins per se but they're often 5 or 10 dollars each, and it drives me crazy that someone still hasn't picked them up. They're not all in the same calibre of goodness but for that price they're wicked. I'm still saddened that Duke N MP didn't do so well because I thought it was a great way to do 2d platformer with 3d capabilities and I wish it had been ripped off for some awesome contra or commander keen games.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/5/2007 7:47 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The flea market is a good place to find games too. For example, in Bluefield there is a blue parking building that every weekend in summer is open as a flea market. I got my first Game Boy there, a SNES, AND TWO PLAYSTATIONS!!! And Ocarina of Time. I saw Fallout 2 once this goth lady was selling but I didn't get it. Stupid!

mobiusclimber (235) on 11/5/2007 9:17 PM · Permalink · Report

i do a lot of shopping on craigslist. the deals i've gotten thru there have been nothing short of phenomenal. just recently i've bought 24 complete in box nintendo games for $5 apiece and tonight i'm gettinig more cib nintendo games + some gameboy games for $75 (less than $5 each on the nes games alone). i also just bought an snes + 9 games for $15 (many of the games were in poor condition but loz3, dkc 2, sm world and a couple others are in good/vg condition). i bought an nes + dw, dw2 (w/ map) and dw 4, as well as trolls on treasure island, mappyland and final fantasy (and a couple other games) for $40. i once bought a bin full of consoles and games for $10. i could go on and on and on.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/6/2007 4:59 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't do much online shopping. My uncle has a ebay acount, and I got Tomb Raider Gold from him. Sixteen bucks though. Only a buck more than I paid for TR1.

mobiusclimber (235) on 11/6/2007 7:13 PM · Permalink · Report

craigslist isn't really online shopping. yes the website is online but it's basically just a bulletin board for meeting people who are selling things (or who want to buy something, or who have a yard sale or whatever). can be a lot cheaper than ebay and not as much chance of getting ripped off.

Foxhack (32102) on 11/7/2007 5:09 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I have gotten all kinds of good games from the bargain bins over the years. Here are some. Perfect Dark(never opened ! still had the official tape,instruction,and warning manuals PLUS!, a dated subscription to Nintendo Power during the n64 era) and Tekken 3. Just like Perfect Dark , never opened. How about anyone else ? [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Your avatar is a female dressed as Ryu holding a 2600 controller in her hands.

I hate that artist's penchant for drawing Jolie lips on every female, but damn is that a nice avatar.

To get back in topic, I usually scour the bargain bins at my local stores... I got half my PS2 collection that way! :D

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/7/2007 5:13 PM · Permalink · Report

It's from Vidgame.net. And she's not a female Ryu. And another good game I got from the bargain bins was Umjammer Lammy. Again, never opened.

Foxhack (32102) on 11/7/2007 7:24 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]It's from Vidgame.net. And she's not a female Ryu. And another good game I got from the bargain bins was Umjammer Lammy. Again, never opened. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]It's art by Adam Warren, and the girl's in a Hadouken startup position. It's a female Ryu, or at least a cosplaying girl. :p

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/7/2007 9:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

OK I just found it on Vidgame.net. Didn't know that it was by a particular artist. Thanks for the info! And I remembered the best bargain bin game I ever got ! Tomb Raider 2. Technically from Gamestop, but it was only TWO BUCKS !!!!!!!!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/7/2007 9:53 PM · Permalink · Report

It was opened, but not ONE SCRATCH ON THE DISK OR THE CASE ! And it still had the manual and back cover. Very cool.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 12/18/2007 12:41 AM · Permalink · Report

UPDATE!! I recently found Armed and Dangerous at Big Lots for FOUR BUCKS ! 8)

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/18/2007 10:27 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

You've got very lucky, indeed. A&D is a great game, albeit too short. I haven't seen another game like it (except for the Giants, maybe, made by the same studios).

How can someone forget the warming up sequence!? Little trick..

And, of course "Gimme da keys."

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 12/19/2007 4:29 PM · Permalink · Report

I've got it, but until Christmas I'm computerless. And I need a new graphics card. So I probaly won't get to play it until January. 8(

mobiusclimber (235) on 12/20/2007 6:38 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

here's a recent craigslist purchase of mine:

a PERFECTLY WORKING nes console w/ two nes controllers, a sansui something or other controller, an rf unit and a JAGUAR power adapter (might be why it didn't work for her, no idea as i tested it using my own cords).
adventures of lolo
dig dug 2
galaga
q*bert
super mario bros
super mario/duck hunt
super mario 2
magic of scheherazade
disney's talespin
little nemo dream master
rad racer
othello
golgo 13
silent service
tetris
classic concentration
dr. mario
top gun
batman

and a ton of dust sleeves AND a nes cartridge holder (it's a plastic box w/ slots that are the right size for holding nes cartridges, kinda like what they make to hold cds, dvds, etc). all this for only $25. i <3 craigslist.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 12/20/2007 7:00 PM · Permalink · Report

wow.

mobiusclimber (235) on 12/20/2007 8:31 PM · Permalink · Report

yeah it pays to scour craigslist, really. i've gotten deals even more insane than that one in the past. it all comes done to keeping your eye on the site, searching for stuff in the search box and just emailing people as soon as you see something good. also it might have to do w/ what area you're in. i've looked at some other places and didn't see squat.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/31/2008 8:00 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I recently got Tony Hawk 3 for the GBC for only three bucks. I found it at Kmart in a old bin of games. Never opened. Plus it's hard to resist any game that's three bucks. Even if it's lame.

Indra was here (20756) on 1/31/2008 9:02 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I have gotten all kinds of good games from the bargain bins over the years. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Go to 3rd world countries. We'll show you the real meaning of bargain bins....muahahaha!

Brett Weiss on 2/5/2008 11:03 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

There was a time when Toys R Us was dumping Majora's Mask for $10. Wish I had bought more than one...

Late (77) on 2/8/2008 10:31 AM · Permalink · Report

UFO: Enemy Unknown, Master of Orion, X-COM: Terror from the Deep, Transport Tycoon, Wing Commander (+ the first add-on), Civilization, Colonization, Bloodnet, Phantom of the Opera, and Indianapolis 500, all from the same store (Indesol in Turku, Finland) on the same day some years ago for 3,50 euros each, all unused. I guess they were clearing out somebody's old stock.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/10/2008 7:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Saturday I found Frequency for SEVEN BUCKS ! Now if only I could find REZ at a sub $200 price.

mobiusclimber (235) on 3/11/2008 3:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Even Amazon has REZ for around $50 or so. Unless you mean the DC import. And I'd be happy to sell you my JPN PS2 Rez with trance vibrator.... I've been trying to get rid of it for awhile now. XD

xroox (3895) on 3/11/2008 12:50 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start mobiusclimber wrote--]I'd be happy to sell you my JPN PS2 Rez with trance vibrator.... I've been trying to get rid of it for awhile now. XD [/Q --end mobiusclimber wrote--] That still conjures up such nasty images :P

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/11/2008 3:34 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't have a Dreamcast. And I'm not into imports (unless it was Radiant Silver Gunman). And disturbing images come to mind with that particular accessory.

mobiusclimber (235) on 3/11/2008 5:25 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey now, it's brand new! I didn't use it, I swear!

And anyway, as I said, Rez is not expensive, at least not in the $200 range. Pick it up off Amazon if nothing else. (The price is probably dropping b/c of the announcement of an Xbox 360 port. TRANCE VIBRATOR INCLUDED.)

The Cliffe (1552) on 4/29/2008 6:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Funny story:

Last week I went to the EB Games in my area and saw two used copies of Mortal Kombat: Deception -- the normal game, and the special edition (with a special disc that had an arcade-perfect translation of MK1). Special Edition was 21 dollars, the regular game was FIVE. In my temporary insanity, I declined picking up the five-dollar copy.

Two days later, I come to my senses and go back for the Five-dollar copy, and am disappointed to find it's already been sold. 21 dollar special edition is still there.

Another 2 days go by, and I decide to trade in some old completed games for credit, and put it towards the Special Edition of Deception. I purchase the game, get it home, boot it up, and am faced with... the special edition EXTRA disc with the MK1 emulation on it. Not the actual game.

I take it back and the EB Games Manager figures out what has happened -- somebody turned in both discs of MK: Deception Special Edition. EB Games split it up and sold the game disc for 21 dollars, and the extra disc for five. However, whoever purchased the five dollar game received the actual game disc, and I, who bought the 21-dollar copy, received the extra disc. Thankfully, the manager was cool about it and gave me a refund. Oh, the hilarity.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/7/2008 3:28 PM · Permalink · Report

If you didn't hear about in another forum, I scored HUGE at the flea market ! Star Wars Episode I Racer, Shadows of the Empire, Star Fox 64, Wave Race 64, AND a Darth Vader helmet and comic ! All in all it only cost me 26 bucks !

Pseudo_Intellectual (66274) on 5/7/2008 3:31 PM · Permalink · Report

Me, I'm not convinced your haul was so awesome that it warranted posting twice, but I didn't sleep and am a bit cranky.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/7/2008 3:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Because that means only 13 or 15 more N64 games left to complete my collection !

The Cliffe (1552) on 5/7/2008 6:06 PM · Permalink · Report

For whatever reason, brand-new special edition copies of Unreal Tournament 3 are on sale at Wal-Mart for 30 bucks. The reasons for this confound me, considering everywhere else sells the game for at least 50 (usually 60 for the special edition).

I can't even pull the old 3rd-world-child-labour excuse out to explain this one...

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/9/2008 6:42 PM · Permalink · Report

Err...sratch that. Only about seven or eight now that I think about it.

mobiusclimber (235) on 5/12/2008 6:16 AM · Permalink · Report

Here's some recent insanely awesome deals I've gotten:

yardsale:
Final Fantasy 7 + Guide (GH)
Final Fantasy 8 (BL)
Medievil (BL)
Parasite Eve + Guide (BL)
Metal Gear Solid + Unauthorized Guide (BL)
Ape Escape (GH)
fear effect (BL)
Die Hard Trilogy (BL)
Resident Evil Director's Cut + Guide (GH of course)
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (BL)
Castlevania SOTN (BL) (poor condition)
Star Ocean 2nd Story Guide
Halo 2
Doom 3 Collector's Edition
System Shock 2

For like $45.

Ebay:
Gitaroo Man - $15
Atelier Iris 2 - $12
Chrono Trigger - $35
Phantasy Star III (cib) - $8
Dragoneer's Aria - $10
Mutant League Football, Liberty or Death, Buck Rogers (genesis) - $20
Hillsfar, Heroes of the Lance, Princess Tomato (cib) - $50
Kung Fu Heroes (cib) - $10
Brigandine - $50

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 6/7/2008 3:54 PM · Permalink · Report

I just found Parapa 2 for ten bucks today !

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 6/15/2008 9:44 PM · Permalink · Report

And now I found Nobunga's Ambition for the Game Boy. THREE DOLLARS !

The Cliffe (1552) on 6/20/2008 9:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Last week, I found both Monster Rancher 3 (PS2) and Ogre Battle 64 (N64) for six dollars each. There's a Sunday market at the Forum across the street from us, and I just learned recently that there's a guy there who exclusively deals in old games and systems. Saving money might be a problem for the next little while...

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 6/20/2008 12:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Lucky. I wished I lived across from a flea market !

Jay Zen on 6/27/2008 10:09 PM · Permalink · Report

An ORIGINAL Final Fantasy Tactics for $10 at a local GameCrazy. I snatched that thing up before they realized what they had. For those of you who don't know, you can resell that game (I kept it because it's one of Square's best games) for around $40 -$60 depending on where you sell it.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 6/28/2008 3:22 PM · Permalink · Report

I found Madden 95 for fives bucks today. I would be more excited, but I don't the control layout. Or how football works for that matter ! 8)

Ryu (50) on 7/3/2008 4:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, I recently found "Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2" for X-Box at FYE for $16 used, which is a pretty good deal as it's fairly hard to find, unfortunately, after the first night of playing, my X-Box decided it would not read most of my games, too bad, it's a fun game.

Some time ago, I snagged "Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb" for $5 and "Blood Wake" for $3 out of the used bin at Gamestop amid the multiple copies of such gems as "50 Cent's Bulletproof" "Madden 2001+" and "Outlaw Golf".

I used to pick up registered versions of shareware games such as "Raptor: Call of the Shadows", "Rise of the Triad" and others from computer shows for $10 to $15 or so.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 7/5/2008 5:24 PM · Permalink · Report

I found Ridge Racer, Tekken 1, and Yoshi's Adventure for 15 bucks ! I also found Soul Caliber for 3 dollars, but it doesn't work. 8(

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 7/12/2008 3:55 PM · Permalink · Report

And now another post in a forum started a long time ago............Huh ? Waits there's a knock at the door, and hey ! I'll get you crazy kids ! Anywho, I found Tetris Attack and Super Return of the Jedi for tens bucks !

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/9/2008 6:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Got Medeival 1 and R-Type DX today for 10 bucks. Not really extradinary. But ! I found all of the other five Star Wars soundtracks today for THIRTEEN BUCKS ! And the original trilogy soundtrack is the 1993 cd box set, with bonus stuff and a really cool book ! And the Episode 3 case had a bonus dvd with it. "Star Wars - A Musical Journy". Hosted by Ian McDirmid. 8)

Pseudo_Intellectual (66274) on 8/9/2008 11:21 PM · Permalink · Report

In a very unusual occurrence, today I purchased a piece of software -- Zork: Nemesis from a thrift store, $4. (It's even more typical for me to pick up video game novelizations from bookstores -- most recently, Wizardry: the League of the Crimson Crescent) ... passed up some Baldur's Gate 2 / Icewind Dale compilations at a garage sale earlier and am feeling a bit ambivalent about missing the (large) bang expected to be generated from the (small) bucks. Of course, it's not like I have time to play games, but it's nice to think that I might someday have the option.

Foxhack (32102) on 8/10/2008 1:56 AM · Permalink · Report

I might as well let you guys know of all the stuff I usually find. I normally post this stuff at Digital Press, another forum I frequent, but eh. ;)

I recently got a CD with full versions of Descent, Star Control II, Red Baron, Zork 1-3, Battlecruiser 3000 AD and Betrayal at Krondor for $1.50. It's the covermount CD for PCGames.EXE, July/August 1998!

And a week later I found two CD only copies of The Beast Within, one European copy of Gabriel Knight 3 (not on the site), Arcade America and Incredible Toon Machine for a buck each. On that same day I got Half-Life for the PS2 for $3.

And last Wednesday I got the Megapak 2 compilation for $4. It was complete. I'm looking forward to playing Microcosm...

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/10/2008 5:03 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Awesome finds !

Foxhack (32102) on 8/11/2008 10:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Hah. I think I just outdid myself.

Grim Fandango, complete in box - the CDs have never been used. But the box had a sticker! And the sticker said that it also included Monkey Island Madness (Monkey Island 1 + 2 + a demo of 3). And the CD is still sealed. $4 USD.

Part of me says "SELL IT" but the other half is saying "play theeeeeeeeeeeeeem"...

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/12/2008 11:47 AM · Permalink · Report

Play theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmm !

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/1/2008 11:38 AM · Permalink · Report

I got around late posting it, but I found Tekken Tag tournament for seven bucks yesterday !

xroox (3895) on 9/1/2008 12:52 PM · Permalink · Report

I got this game for $4 from Half Price Books when I was in America. Apparently, it's been dropped to $1 now. Very entertaining, and well worth the price.

Lumpi (189) on 9/10/2008 4:53 PM · Permalink · Report

The entire XCom franchise for 14$ on Steam!

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=sub&SubId=964&cc=AT

Including my all-time-favourite original XCom and a bunch of newer games. It can be a pain to get the older ones to work, though. Even with the DOSBox, I have troubles running Apocalypse. You might also need one of these slow-down tools to not make the game run at 10 times the speed.

xroox (3895) on 9/10/2008 11:12 PM · Permalink · Report

Yep, it's a great price. The first three games are excellent and X-COM Enforcer is actually a highly underrated, dumb but fun, shooter IMO.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/15/2008 5:08 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Lumpi wrote--]The entire XCom franchise for 14$ on Steam!

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=sub&SubId=964&cc=AT

Including my all-time-favourite original XCom and a bunch of newer games. It can be a pain to get the older ones to work, though. Even with the DOSBox, I have troubles running Apocalypse. You might also need one of these slow-down tools to not make the game run at 10 times the speed. [/Q --end Lumpi wrote--]Too bad the game isn't available in many countries. Including Mexico.

Yeah, I hate you, Steam.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 9/14/2008 5:58 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

First time I have seen this thread and it has been an interesting read. It seems that people love picking up cheap games that they have actually heard of and that they know used to cost a lot of money.

I go the opposite direction-- I love picking up games that I have never heard of and that other people (not to mention MobyGames) have probably never heard of, either. I have a new favorite thrift shop that I visit almost weekly that yields awesome video game junk, usually for a dollar or 2 each. I consider it a big score when I exit the shop with a stack of games that would make normal video game fanatics turn their noses up in disdain.

Some of the titles I have procured in recent weeks (and not in the database yet): Muzzy at the Seaside (apparently based on a BBC character), Campbell's Soup CD-ROM, Dole's (the fruit company) 5-A-Day Adventure, and a full line of Barbie CD-ROMs (thrift store cashier: "These must be for a special little girl." Me: "Um, actually, they're for me").

And I would be remiss if I did not praise all the yard sales I have scoured at which I found various instant marketing classics as Snow Day: A GapKids Quest and Little Caesar's Fractions Pizza.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/14/2008 11:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Some cool finds !

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/14/2008 12:30 PM · Permalink · Report

I have to say I thought immediately of you when I read this Wired blog :) I thought the game would fit right in with Cheerios, Little Caesar's, Campbell's Soup and other food-related promotional games you've played in the name of Moby :)

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 9/14/2008 3:44 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]I have to say I thought immediately of you when I read this Wired blog :) I thought the game would fit right in with Cheerios, Little Caesar's, Campbell's Soup and other food-related promotional games you've played in the name of Moby :) [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--] I actually do have Chex Quest (procured at one of those yard sales). Thanks for the tip of Chex Quest 3. I will keep an eye out for that.

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/14/2008 3:55 PM · Permalink · Report

It's available as a download from the Chex Quest Fan Forums (who woulda thought? What's next - Rice Krispies Fans Reunited?), via the Wired post.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 9/14/2008 4:45 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]It's available as a download from the Chex Quest Fan Forums (who woulda thought? What's next - Rice Krispies Fans Reunited?), via the Wired post. [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--] How about Kellogg's Pop-Tarts Presents: Rescue The Rusties, as well as 13 Days of Halloween: Rhythm and Boos (Count Chokula cereal). I have both.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/14/2008 10:13 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Multimedia Mike wrote--]First time I have seen this thread and it has been an interesting read. It seems that people love picking up cheap games that they have actually heard of and that they know used to cost a lot of money.

I go the opposite direction-- I love picking up games that I have never heard of and that other people (not to mention MobyGames) have probably never heard of, either. I have a new favorite thrift shop that I visit almost weekly that yields awesome video game junk, usually for a dollar or 2 each. I consider it a big score when I exit the shop with a stack of games that would make normal video game fanatics turn their noses up in disdain.

Some of the titles I have procured in recent weeks (and not in the database yet): Muzzy at the Seaside (apparently based on a BBC character), Campbell's Soup CD-ROM, Dole's (the fruit company) 5-A-Day Adventure, and a full line of Barbie CD-ROMs (thrift store cashier: "These must be for a special little girl." Me: "Um, actually, they're for me").

And I would be remiss if I did you praise all the yard sales I have scoured at which I found various instant marketing classics as Snow Day: A GapKids Quest and Little Caesar's Fractions Pizza. [/Q --end Multimedia Mike wrote--]Crap. You'd better not have Barbie Detective 1 + 2 and Secret Agent Barbie, because I was planning on adding those to the site. :P

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 9/15/2008 1:20 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--] [Q2 --start Multimedia Mike wrote--]First time I have seen this thread and it has been an interesting read. It seems that people love picking up cheap games that they have actually heard of and that they know used to cost a lot of money.

And I would be remiss if I did you praise all the yard sales I have scoured at which I found various instant marketing classics as Snow Day: A GapKids Quest and Little Caesar's Fractions Pizza. [/Q2 --end Multimedia Mike wrote--]Crap. You'd better not have Barbie Detective 1 + 2 and Secret Agent Barbie, because I was planning on adding those to the site. :P [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--] Not sure if you're being serious, but if you are, you're safe. :-) I don't have those 2 (though they sound just as fun).

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/15/2008 2:04 AM · Permalink · Report

Secret Agent Barbie is already in the database - for Windows, anyway.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/15/2008 5:06 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Multimedia Mike wrote--] Not sure if you're being serious, but if you are, you're safe. :-) I don't have those 2 (though they sound just as fun). [/Q --end Multimedia Mike wrote--]I was being serious, I actually HAVE those two. I bought 'em just to add them to the site, but I don't want to add them without playing them first or else Indra or Chirinea start to yell at me. :p

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 9/15/2008 5:23 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--]I was being serious, I actually HAVE those two. I bought 'em just to add them to the site, but I don't want to add them without playing them first or else Indra or Chirinea start to yell at me. :p [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--] Eh, not an unreasonable demand. Submission quality skyrockets when the submitter has actually played the game. :-)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/20/2008 7:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Here's a sour note. I bought a NES today, with a zapper gun, Mario/Duck Hunt, Kung-Fu, Dragon Warrior, and Gradius for 25 bucks. But, as you might have surmised, THE NES DOESN'T WORK !!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGUUURRRAAAAARRRUUUAAA ! Now I have to look for another system. Again !

Sciere (927131) on 9/20/2008 7:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/20/2008 7:40 PM · Permalink · Report

I've tried everything imanginable. Blowing in it, pressing reset a couple of times, hitting it... But to no avail ! And I even cleaned the thing and still wont work ! So much Goo gon wasted.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 9/21/2008 11:16 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I've tried everything imanginable. Blowing in it, pressing reset a couple of times, hitting it... But to no avail ! And I even cleaned the thing and still wont work ! So much Goo gon wasted. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Google for "repairing nes". Many people have gone before you. There are quite a few pictorial guides describing how to carefully repair an NES (more effectively than blowing in it which actually isn't that useful). There are even YouTube videos on the topic.

Resurrect that little grey box. You can do it!

And I would be remiss if I did not link to the xkcd Nintendo Surgeon comic at this juncture.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/22/2008 12:53 PM · Permalink · Report

You're right ! Because....(singing.) I fixed it ! I fixed it ! Now I only need some controllers ! 8)

mobiusclimber (235) on 9/23/2008 7:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, you're actually not supposed to blow in the console or cartridges, since your breath has a small amount of water and that will, over time, corrode the connectors. The problem (and this is why blowing will sometimes make it work) is that there's a build-up of dust and dirt. Since you got it working, I'm not posting this for you so much as anyone else reading this who might have the same question.

I tend to clean my cartridges with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol. I'm not really sure if this is advisable, but I've been doing it for awhile with no ill effects. Just doing this generally gets non-working machines to work again b/c it's usually the cart that is the problem. There's also taking the NES apart and cleaning it out. If the cartridges are clean and it's still not working, you'd probably have to do that (if you don't have an NES cleaning cart, which will work about 50% of the time if it's the console that needs cleaning).

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/23/2008 8:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Didn't you read ? I FIXED IT ! YAHOO ! And I usually don't blow into my carts. I clean them with Qtips and rubbing alcohol as well. You would not believe how dirty some carts I've bought can get. I use rubbing alcohol for cleaning most of my video game stuff. It's great for cleaning controlers too. Speaking of which, I need to get some NES controlers so I can actually PLAY my NES. 8)

mobiusclimber (235) on 9/23/2008 9:26 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Didn't you read ? I FIXED IT ! YAHOO ! [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Didn't you read? "Since you got it working, I'm not posting this for you so much as anyone else reading this who might have the same question."

chirinea (47504) on 9/25/2008 5:33 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start mobiusclimber wrote--]I tend to clean my cartridges with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol. I'm not really sure if this is advisable, but I've been doing it for awhile with no ill effects. [/Q --end mobiusclimber wrote--]If it is isopropilic alcohol, then it is advisable. Common alcohol has water also, so it should be avoided (though it is much better than blowing in the cart =)).

mobiusclimber (235) on 9/25/2008 7:56 PM · Permalink · Report

I'll remember that next time I buy rubbing alcohol. I tend to get the one with the least amount of water (it usually is like 95% alcohol or better).

Yesterday I got an SNES + a ton of games including Ogre Battle, Super Mario RPG, FF3, DKC, Illusion of Gaia, SM all Stars... etc etc.. for $150. Wasn't worth the hassle of riding the bus all night to get it, but you take your chances. Considering that I sold off most of my for sale collection over the weekend, I need to get more merch anyway.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/25/2008 8:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Is Killer Instinct in there anywhere ? It's awsome !

mobiusclimber (235) on 9/25/2008 8:08 PM · Permalink · Report

No actually I don't think that it is. Mortal Kombat is tho. I'm not planning on keeping anything out of the lot, I just picked it up to resell.

I did just get Dragon Knight II (missing manual) for $7 and DKIII for $15. I'm working on getting together a PC engine collection.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/27/2008 9:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, I got my NES controlers today ! And in addition to the four games I already got, I also picked up Tetris and Excite Bike ! All for 15 bucks ! And I got a really sweet deal at GameStop: Tony Hawk 3, Space Chanel 5 (PS2), and Star Wars Star Fighter, for........UNDER 15 BUCKS ! 8)

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/27/2008 9:47 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Space Chanel 5 [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Smells like a good deal!

Sciere (927131) on 9/28/2008 1:59 AM · Permalink · Report

They even had limited editions of those, which equals a new game entry.

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/28/2008 3:08 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sciere wrote--]They even had limited editions of those, which equals a new game entry. [/Q --end Sciere wrote--] DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote Space Chanel 5 =

For under $15 that really is a good deal :) (Nothing like making such a lame joke you have to explain it :P)

Sciere (927131) on 9/28/2008 8:31 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I know what I said and heard you well, they do make limited editions of those =)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/28/2008 12:27 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hey ! I did get that special edition of Space Channle 5 !

Edit-And I didn't even know it !

Edit Edit-And it was only 5 bucks too ! But I still want to play the Dreamcast original at some point.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 10/4/2008 7:09 PM · Permalink · Report

I've got a deal nobody will be able to beat. At the liabrary today, they were having a indoor sale on all kinds of junk, and I got the following: Dr. Mario (NES), Cool Spot (Gen.), and Sonic 2, FOR A DOLLAR !!! Not a dollar for each, a dollar for all of them ! Beat that Indra !

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 10/4/2008 7:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh yeah. How can I play Sega Genesis game without a Sega Genesis ? My uncle brought a model two version he traded for something to me. He said I could have it if I wanted, so I suppose I'll keep it.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 10/11/2008 6:49 PM · Permalink · Report

I got SSX today for 4 bucks. I'm mad at Blizzard. Grr...

mobiusclimber (235) on 10/14/2008 6:34 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I've got a deal nobody will be able to beat. At the liabrary today, they were having a indoor sale on all kinds of junk, and I got the following: Dr. Mario (NES), Cool Spot (Gen.), and Sonic 2, FOR A DOLLAR !!! Not a dollar for each, a dollar for all of them ! Beat that Indra ! [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

I can beat it. There was a rummage sale at the local church down the street awhile ago. I paid $2 for FF7 PC version. (This is on top of all the classic PC and MS DOS games I bought for a buck a pop there, as well as a brand new copy of Viva Pinata Party Animals for $1.50.)

Anyway, I wanted to post that I just bought a FZ-1 3DO system for $10 at the thrift store.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 10/19/2008 9:25 PM · Permalink · Report

Now this one's gonna be even harder to beat ! TR4, Thief, and Spy Hunter (PS2), for 15 bucks !

Foxhack (32102) on 10/20/2008 6:26 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Now this one's gonna be even harder to beat ! TR4, Thief, and Spy Hunter (PS2), for 15 bucks ! [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]... Spy Hunter's like three bucks used at Gamestop. :P

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 10/20/2008 6:30 PM · Permalink · Report

I know. That's what I paid for it. I bought all three games for 15 bucks, but at different stores. I suppose I should have mentioned that ! 8D

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/7/2008 4:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey, I think this is the only thread to have lasted a whole year ! (Not counting the old music thread.) Let's go for two years now !

beetle120 (2415) on 11/8/2008 2:37 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Hey, I think this is the only thread to have lasted a whole year ! (Not counting the old music thread.) Let's go for two years now ! [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] No offense but I could make a thread that lasts a year if I kept on posting in it once a month or so like you have. You must have so many bargain bin games around your house now.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/8/2008 4:34 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Actually the well runs dry around November. Until May, no flea markets, no yard sales, and second hand store shelves (As far as videogames are concerned.) are empty. It's only Ebay or a pawn shop. And I'm not brave enough to go in a pawn shop. 8D

mobiusclimber (235) on 11/12/2008 10:55 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah but this is the best time for Craigslist. everyone trying to sell off their "junk" to buy Xmas presents... And what do you mean you're not "brave" enough to go in a pawnshop? They aren't in caves. There's no ogres guarding them.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/13/2008 1:00 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

The pawn shop thing was a joke. There's this store called Cheap Thrills Records that I haven't checked out yet. Might not though, I heard all the really creepy goth kids hang out there. 8)

Edit-But that was a while back, so might not be like that now.

Big John WV (26954) on 11/17/2008 6:11 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I love bargain bins, especially when you work for retail around this time of year, you can find a lot of deals, last year I found Hitman: Blood Money (PS2) for $9.99 and recently MLB 07: The Show (PS2) for $9.00. I love flea markets and yard sales, I found Goldeneye (the PS2 version) for $5.00, Moto GP07 (PS2) for $10.00 while I found a SNES with Taz-Mania, SimCity and Super Mario World for $10 and a Sega Genesis (Original model) with 10 games for $5.00 and it still works. Damn I love bargains!

Elliott Wu (40) on 11/17/2008 8:26 AM · Permalink · Report

I collected a bunch of old fighting games off of bargain bins.

Tekken 1-3 Battle Arena 1-3 Bushido Blade 1-2

I also managed to snag katamari damacy and We <3 Katamari from the bargain bin as well.

Big John WV (26954) on 11/17/2008 4:11 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Elliott Wu wrote--]I collected a bunch of old fighting games off of bargain bins.

Tekken 1-3 Battle Arena 1-3 Bushido Blade 1-2

I also managed to snag katamari damacy and We <3 Katamari from the bargain bin as well. [/Q --end Elliott Wu wrote--]

Speaking of Katamari Damacy I found that the other day for the PS2 in a bargain bin for $14.99, everywhere else it's still $30 used.

Elliott Wu (40) on 11/18/2008 1:50 AM · Permalink · Report

If you pick it off of the shelves then yeah that sounds about right. I got mine both sort of abandoned in their bargain bins. Of course, there was also no manual or case, just the default case Gamestop had. So mine ended up costing about 10 bucks.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/22/2008 12:47 AM · Permalink · Report

I got Genji and Stretch Panic for ten bucks ! Those are most likely the last games I'll buy this year.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/3/2009 5:03 PM · Permalink · Report

First new games of the year ! DOA 2 and Crazy Taxi for the PS2 ! 6 and 7 bucks respectively.

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 1/3/2009 6:12 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]First new games of the year ! DOA 2 and Crazy Taxi for the PS2 ! 6 and 7 bucks respectively. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Ha! M&M's: The Lost Formulas for $2. Beat that!

Big John WV (26954) on 1/3/2009 6:58 PM · Permalink · Report

I just found King Kong for the PS2 from a KB Toys that is shutting down for $7.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/3/2009 7:20 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Multimedia Mike wrote--] [Q2 --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]First new games of the year ! DOA 2 and Crazy Taxi for the PS2 ! 6 and 7 bucks respectively. [/Q2 --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Ha! M&M's: The Lost Formulas for $2. Beat that! [/Q --end Multimedia Mike wrote--]

Just wait until the flea market is open...8)

Big John WV (26954) on 1/10/2009 9:33 PM · Permalink · Report

WarJetz for the PS2, $3.

Indra was here (20756) on 1/12/2009 6:02 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hmph. Poor capitalists.

60 cents per DVD (+shipping). Delivered to my house.
Crime does pay.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/17/2009 8:12 PM · Permalink · Report

I got Contra 4 for TEN bucks !

Big John WV (26954) on 2/5/2009 1:55 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I got Contra 4 for TEN bucks ! [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Damn, I paid $20, but I did find Elements of Destruction for $10. Plus I found Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for PS2 at a Sears for around $4.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 2/5/2009 12:58 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Big John WV wrote--] [Q2 --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I got Contra 4 for TEN bucks ! [/Q2 --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Damn, I paid $20, but I did find Elements of Destruction for $10. Plus I found Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for PS2 at a Sears for around $4. [/Q --end Big John WV wrote--]

I've never seen any games at Sears. They used to sell pc's too, but I suppose they dropped them because of expenses.

Big John WV (26954) on 2/5/2009 4:06 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] I've never seen any games at Sears. They used to sell pc's too, but I suppose they dropped them because of expenses. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Well heck, the one near me doesn't even sell mouses or mouse pads, but for some odd reason they sell every other kind of accessory for PCs.

Foxhack (32102) on 2/5/2009 3:19 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (PC, complete, $2)
Hitman Trilogy (PC, complete, $2)
Mindscape CD-Rom Challenge Pack 3 ($1, CD only, not on the site... yet!)

All used, a bit beat up, but still. I want to play Kane & Lynch but I want to make sure the malware included won't cripple my PC or something. :P

chirinea (47504) on 2/5/2009 4:07 AM · Permalink · Report

Man, I wish I could find games that cheap around here.

Foxhack (32102) on 2/5/2009 4:19 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]Man, I wish I could find games that cheap around here. [/Q --end chirinea wrote--]At least Brazil has covermount magazines. I know, it's not exactly cheap, but I wish more magazines would do this in other countries.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 2/14/2009 6:21 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Got Gran Turismo 3 for three bucks today, but the bargain here is Amplitude for only ten bucks ! I haven't been able to find it anywhere !

Big John WV (26954) on 2/15/2009 4:27 AM · Permalink · Report

Well I have found much bargains lately, but I did find Tecmo Bowl Kickoff for the DS for $19.99 while everyone else wants $34.99 for it, so I got a good deal for that.

Foxhack (32102) on 2/16/2009 5:16 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

From last Wednesday: Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve 2, Wild Arms, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vanguard Bandits, Star Ocean The Second Story, Vagrant Story, Grandia, Silent Hill, AND Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night -- All for $54. ALL were complete and mint. I sold Silent Hill to recover the costs. I'm also selling my older copy of SOTN to make some cash back. :P

In The Hunt, Viewpoint (PS1) - $8 shipped off a person in Livejournal.

Big John WV (26954) on 2/17/2009 5:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Found Teenage Zombies: "Invasion of the Alien Brain Thingys" for $5.99 at a K-Mart.

xroox (3895) on 2/17/2009 5:49 PM · Permalink · Report

For any UK people with a PSP, there are some great bargains in Curry's at the moment:

£5 each: The Warriors, Crush
£10 each: God Of War, both GTA games

Probably some more as well!

—- (1623) on 2/17/2009 7:26 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--]From last Wednesday: Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve 2, Wild Arms, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vanguard Bandits, Star Ocean The Second Story, Vagrant Story, Grandia, Silent Hill, AND Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night -- All for $54. ALL were complete and mint. [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--]

Now that is one pretty amazing deal! I could easily sell the whole package for $200 here, probably even more. Didn't the seller know what he was selling?

Foxhack (32102) on 2/17/2009 7:46 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Ash Ligast II wrote--] [Q2 --start Kit Silva wrote--]From last Wednesday: Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve 2, Wild Arms, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vanguard Bandits, Star Ocean The Second Story, Vagrant Story, Grandia, Silent Hill, AND Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night -- All for $54. ALL were complete and mint. [/Q2 --end Kit Silva wrote--]

Now that is one pretty amazing deal! I could easily sell the whole package for $200 here, probably even more. Didn't the seller know what he was selling? [/Q --end Ash Ligast II wrote--]They were just PS1 games to him. He had NO IDEA how much they were worth.

His price was $4 for a single disc game, $7 for anything with more than two discs (but he lowered the price because I bought so much!)

—- (1623) on 2/17/2009 7:50 PM · Permalink · Report

You're one lucky guy!

Argh... why do I never meet such people...?

Foxhack (32102) on 2/17/2009 8:08 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Ash Ligast II wrote--]You're one lucky guy!

Argh... why do I never meet such people...? [/Q --end Ash Ligast II wrote--]Dude, people around these parts usually charge $10 for Super Mario / Duck Hunt and $20 for a first-gen PS1 game.

I got VERY lucky. Now I don't know where to start!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 2/17/2009 8:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Ash Ligast II wrote--]You're one lucky guy!

Argh... why do I never meet such people...? [/Q --end Ash Ligast II wrote--]

I ran into a guy kinda like that once. He was selling stuff his kids gave to him to get rid of. He was selling any game for FOUR dollars ! I got DK Country 2, Super Mario World, and Diddy Kong Racing for around eleven bucks. The poor guy REALLY didn't know what he had. I had to help him sort out some of his controllers and tell him what they were, and help him find his X-Box av cable. I would have bought more, but because he really didn't know what is was, (Or his kids apparently.) all the stuff was comepletely disorganized, and I didn't have time to look through everything. 8(

Big John WV (26954) on 2/20/2009 3:29 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] I ran into a guy kinda like that once. He was selling stuff his kids gave to him to get rid of. He was selling any game for FOUR dollars ! I got DK Country 2, Super Mario World, and Diddy Kong Racing for around eleven bucks. The poor guy REALLY didn't know what he had. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Well heck, I got a perfect good SNES with two controllers and about four games (SimCity, TazMania, Super Mario World and another I can't really think of at the moment) for $10 bucks. It was originally $15, but I argued it down to $10 since it didn't have an a/v cables, but I had them already from the previous one. Plus I got an old style Genesis, about 5-6 games, two controllers and an arcade style controller for $10 at another yard sale. Truly some people have no idea, but at the same time its a real buy for the people buying.

Big John WV (26954) on 3/3/2009 6:49 AM · Permalink · Report

Just found The Simpsons Game for PS2 brand new for $10 at a Wal-Mart and Project Overkill for PS1 for $5 at a flea market.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/3/2009 1:13 PM · Permalink · Report

A flea market in winter ? What madness is this ?! 8)

Big John WV (26954) on 3/3/2009 4:02 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]A flea market in winter ? What madness is this ?! 8) [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Indoor flea market, sorry, lol, though I did see a garage sale the other day. Either they were bold or just plain crazy, but they did have customers though.

Foxhack (32102) on 3/4/2009 7:08 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]A flea market in winter ? What madness is this ?! 8) [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Huh?

We have two large outdoor ones in my area, as well as one that moves every day, all year round.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/15/2009 8:27 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--] [Q2 --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]A flea market in winter ? What madness is this ?! 8) [/Q2 --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Huh?

We have two large outdoor ones in my area, as well as one that moves every day, all year round. [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--]

Lucky. 8)

Pseudo_Intellectual (66274) on 3/16/2009 4:01 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm thinking that the two of you may experience somewhat different extremes of winter weather in your respective locations.

Foxhack (32102) on 3/16/2009 6:28 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]I'm thinking that the two of you may experience somewhat different extremes of winter weather in your respective locations. [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]It gets as high as 110 degrees in the summer, and 40 degrees in the winter (during the day). It can go down to 25 degrees at night during winter.

So yeah. :p

I also got Leisure Suit Larry: Collection Series today! Cost me four bucks, complete. ^^

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/22/2009 5:49 PM · Permalink · Report

I was going to post today that I bought a GameCube, but GameStop didn't have any systems. But what really made me turn away was the OUTRAGEOUS prices for their GameCube stuff ! 15 dollars for Pikmin ? Granted Metroid Prime and P.N.03 were 7 bucks, I don't think I've ever seen GameStop charge nearly that much for used games unless they were still recent. I'm just venting, but that drives me up the wall.

Big John WV (26954) on 3/22/2009 5:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh thats nothing, they wanted $14.99 for Elements of Destruction for DS, used with no instruction manual or anything when Wal-Mart had them for $9, plus they wanted $19.99 used for MLB 07: The Show for PS2 when Sears next door had it new and clearanced at $4.97.

Foxhack (32102) on 3/22/2009 6:29 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I was going to post today that I bought a GameCube, but GameStop didn't have any systems. But what really made me turn away was the OUTRAGEOUS prices for their GameCube stuff ! 15 dollars for Pikmin ? Granted Metroid Prime and P.N.03 were 7 bucks, I don't think I've ever seen GameStop charge nearly that much for used games unless they were still recent. I'm just venting, but that drives me up the wall. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Don't bother looking up the price of Pikmin 2 then.

DJP Mom (11333) on 3/31/2009 2:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Library sale (selling our old Xbox games, since they don't circulate any longer) - my son picked up:
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
Fight Night Round 2
KOTOR II

$5 each, I've no idea if that's a good deal or not :)

Big John WV (26954) on 3/31/2009 2:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Damn, he was lucky, good deals indeed. The only thing I have found was Time Ace for $10.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/31/2009 12:25 PM · Permalink · Report

I just noticed a few weeks ago that the local library here has Xbox games and DVDs. Though they were only for rent, they have a really nice selection.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/31/2009 12:33 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I have gotten all kinds of good games from the bargain bins over the years. Here are some. Perfect Dark(never opened ! still had the official tape,instruction,and warning manuals PLUS!, a dated subscription to Nintendo Power during the n64 era) and Tekken 3. Just like Perfect Dark , never opened. How about anyone else ? [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

In the original spirit of this thread, I remembered one more game I got for a cut-throat price. Super Game Boy, for FOUR dollars ! That day I also got a armload of stuff for only eight bucks !

chirinea (47504) on 4/6/2009 6:26 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Today I just got Double Dragon, The Ottifants, Ultimate Soccer, Tom and Jerry: The Movie, Astérix and the Great Rescue, Walt Disney's The Jungle Book, Scramble Spirits, Great Volleyball, Disney's Aladdin and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, all for the Sega Master System, for R$ 89.00 (that's U$ 39.91).

Edit: changed the comma thingy so people in the US could understand the deal. =P

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/6/2009 6:27 PM · Permalink · Report

Asuming that you forgot to use a period instead of a comma, I'd call that the deal of the century ! Or this thread at least. 8)

chirinea (47504) on 4/6/2009 6:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Ok, I fixed that. Well, they're all in their cases, but the only one which has got a manual is Tom and Jerry. The good thing is that MG is missing some of those covers.

Big John WV (26954) on 4/7/2009 2:51 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--] The good thing is that MG is missing some of those covers. [/Q --end chirinea wrote--]

You know I thought of something, has anybody every bought a game that either looks god awful bad or never heard of just to add covers, credits, product codes, etc. to Moby?

Foxhack (32102) on 4/7/2009 3:01 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Big John WV wrote--] [Q2 --start chirinea wrote--] The good thing is that MG is missing some of those covers. [/Q2 --end chirinea wrote--]

You know I thought of something, has anybody every bought a game that either looks god awful bad or never heard of just to add covers, credits, product codes, etc. to Moby? [/Q --end Big John WV wrote--]raises hand

Dude, half my friggin' PC game library was bought for that purpose alone.

Just today? I bought five different Aztech New Media shareware CDs, Animaniacs: A Gigantic Adventure, Pinky and the Brain: World Conquest (Windows), and a game called "Spelvin Goolie: Private Eyeball Makes Learning English Fun!". I am NOT making up that stupid title. I also got Doom: Collector's Edition for a dollar. The box is trashed and the instructions are missing, but the discs are mint.

I've bought a lot of crap games just for this site. And I hate myself for it. :P

St. Martyne (3648) on 4/7/2009 9:01 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--] And I hate myself for it. :P [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--]

But we love you for exactly the same reason! ;-)

Big John WV (26954) on 4/15/2009 11:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Just came from Sears and got two PS2 games on clearance price and unopened, TNA Impact for $4.97 and Ghost Rider for $1.97.

Foxhack (32102) on 4/16/2009 1:39 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Big John WV wrote--]Just came from Sears and got two PS2 games on clearance price and unopened, TNA Impact for $4.97 and Ghost Rider for $1.97. [/Q --end Big John WV wrote--]All I got was Fallout 1 + 2 for a buck today. :(

I'm probably selling them off on eBay so I can buy the GoodOldGames release instead. :p

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/16/2009 12:11 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--] [Q2 --start Big John WV wrote--]Just came from Sears and got two PS2 games on clearance price and unopened, TNA Impact for $4.97 and Ghost Rider for $1.97. [/Q2 --end Big John WV wrote--]All I got was Fallout 1 + 2 for a buck today. :(

I'm probably selling them off on eBay so I can buy the GoodOldGames release instead. :p [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--]

NOOO ! Keep the original media ! It'll be worth a fortune someday !

Foxhack (32102) on 4/16/2009 2:40 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] [Q2 --start Kit Silva wrote--] [Q3 --start Big John WV wrote--]Just came from Sears and got two PS2 games on clearance price and unopened, TNA Impact for $4.97 and Ghost Rider for $1.97. [/Q3 --end Big John WV wrote--]All I got was Fallout 1 + 2 for a buck today. :(

I'm probably selling them off on eBay so I can buy the GoodOldGames release instead. :p [/Q2 --end Kit Silva wrote--]

NOOO ! Keep the original media ! It'll be worth a fortune someday ! [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]When it comes to keeping the original media or getting a ton of bonus music and icons?

The media loses. :P

chirinea (47504) on 4/25/2009 8:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Just got two covermounts for R$ 3.50 (US$ 1.60) each: EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark and Eliminator. I got also a software called Web Studio (v.1.0) included with Eliminator.

Big John WV (26954) on 4/26/2009 2:23 AM · Permalink · Report

Gamespot is having a two for one sale on used games this weekend, so I went in to find anything dirt cheap. If found Fight Club for $9.99, Crash n Burn for $5.99 and got Death by Degrees for free. Fight Club...meh, its ok, nothing special and Crash n Burn isn't that bad if it only had a two player option. Haven't got a chance to play Death by Degrees yet.

Foxhack (32102) on 4/26/2009 2:52 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Big John WV wrote--]Gamespot is having a two for one sale on used games this weekend, so I went in to find anything dirt cheap. If found Fight Club for $9.99, Crash n Burn for $5.99 and got Death by Degrees for free. Fight Club...meh, its ok, nothing special and Crash n Burn isn't that bad if it only had a two player option. Haven't got a chance to play Death by Degrees yet. [/Q --end Big John WV wrote--]You're going to wish you'd gotten another free game instead of Death by Degrees.

It's godawful. I like bad games, but this one just plain sucked.

Mr Almond (2485) on 4/26/2009 9:52 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm just glad that Car Boot season has started again where I am in the UK.

Yesterday I got me another Dreamcast, 2 controllers, leads, VMU and rumble pack. 17 PS1 games, 5 DC games, a shabby (but working) dual shock PS2 controller and a He-Man DVD?! for the bargain price of £8. That's about $11 USD. Some of the games are awful kids titles that I'll never play but I got my moneys worth with the Dreamcast I think.

Last week I picked up Halo 2 for £1.50, the original Gran Turismo for 50p, the bizarre European only PS2 game BCV: Battle Construction Vehicles a.k.a Kensetsu Juuki Kenka Battle: Buchigire Kongou! for 20p, Metroid Prime for £4 (A bit pricey but mint) and a 360 VGA cable for £3.

For those not familiar with car boots. Wikipedia has the answers.

Foxhack (32102) on 4/26/2009 5:45 PM · Permalink · Report

They're known as flea markets or swap meets in the US (except they're not usually in cars in the US :p)

beetle120 (2415) on 4/26/2009 11:09 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--]They're known as flea markets or swap meets in the US (except they're not usually in cars in the US :p) [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--] Same in Australia, but some local schools call it a car boot sale.

Big John WV (26954) on 4/27/2009 4:08 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--]They're known as flea markets or swap meets in the US (except they're not usually in cars in the US :p) [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--] Sometimes around our way, if a guy is selling stuff from the trunk of his car, he is looking out for the cops at the same time, lol.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/30/2009 11:44 AM · Permalink · Report

Hmm...I swear there's a couple of post missing in this thread...

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/2/2009 4:53 PM · Permalink · Report

First day of the flea market ! And it was kinda a dud. There was a building torn down next to it, and people weren't sure if it was going to open. It did, but there weren't many sellers. And the weather isn't good today. That said, I got Vector Man for three bucks. I also got Beyond Good and Evil and King Arthur at GameStop for five and fourteen bucks respectively.

Mr Almond (2485) on 5/3/2009 4:55 PM · Permalink · Report

I didn't make it out today due to possibly the worst hangover in the world but was surprised when my wife came back with another Dreamcast, 4 controllers , VMU and a bunch of games. All for the bargain price of £1.50. I'll give it a clean up and then its on eBay with a couple of the duped games. Easy money.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/9/2009 10:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Wnet back to the flea market today. AND I MADE OUT LIKE A BANDIT !!! Castlevania Bloodlines, Primal Rage, Super Street Fighter II for the Genesis, Meadal of Honor, a complete Gran Turismo 1, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 for the PSX, and MKII for the SNES. But the real kicker is I found a Sega Saturn for FIVE DOLLARS !!! Only problem is the battery is dead, and it won't play any cd's after the title screen. Oh, and he didn't have any games for it, but still ! And I only spent 21 dollars for all of it ! Now that I've stated my incredible find, does anybody know what might be wrong with my Saturn ?

Foxhack (32102) on 5/9/2009 11:21 PM · Permalink · Report

The lens may just be dirty, that's all. Clean it. If it doesn't even play a CD then it may be busted.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/10/2009 12:40 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--]The lens may just be dirty, that's all. Clean it. If it doesn't even play a CD then it may be busted. [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--]

I took it apart and put it back together. This video may tell wether it's busted or not.

Big John WV (26954) on 5/9/2009 11:56 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Wnet back to the flea market today. AND I MADE OUT LIKE A BANDIT !!! Castlevania Bloodlines, Primal Rage, Super Street Fighter II for the Genesis, Meadal of Honor, a complete Gran Turismo 1, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 for the PSX, and MKII for the SNES. But the real kicker is I found a Sega Saturn for FIVE DOLLARS !!! Only problem is the battery is dead, and it won't play any cd's after the title screen. Oh, and he didn't have any games for it, but still ! And I only spent 21 dollars for all of it ! Now that I've stated my incredible find, does anybody know what might be wrong with my Saturn ? [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Good haul man! Even if the Sega Saturn doesn't work, you could always sell it for parts. A while back I got a PS2 and a Xbox from a Kmart display for free and sold them both for $20 bucks a pop. They were both busted, but still got something from them.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/10/2009 1:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, after some looking, it seems that it would be easier just to get another console. But I'm not going to pay for a whole other console, so I'm taking it back to the guy I bought it from first chance I get. (Good thing I only paid five bucks for it.) He said if it didn't work I could return it. I don't think I'll go after another Saturn either. The games for it are waaayyy more expensive than I remember, and it seems like a big bother. Still, it was nice to think I had one for a while. 8)

chirinea (47504) on 5/10/2009 4:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Got more SMS games: Game Box Série Esportes Radicais, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Action Game (this time with a blue cover), 20 em 1, Zaxxon 3-D (only the cartridge), Super Kick Off (only the cartridge), Street Fighter II': Special Champion Edition (only the cartridge) and the box (cartridge missing, for free) of FIFA International Soccer, all for R$ 55.00 (US$ 26.50).

Big John WV (26954) on 5/11/2009 2:30 AM · Permalink · Report

To some this might not be a bargain, but for me it is. I just got a hold of a new copy of Metal Slug 7 for the DS, originally $15 on clearance, but I got it as a birthday gift, so technically I got it free, lol.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/11/2009 11:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Speaking of birthdays, mine was Saturday. (I'm 19 now.) I got Street Fighter 4 and Guitar Hero 3. Both are pretty awsome, but the text in Street Fighter 4 is way too small !

—- (1623) on 5/11/2009 10:05 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Speaking of birthdays, mine was Saturday. (I'm 19 now.) I got Street Fighter 4 and Guitar Hero 3. Both are pretty awsome, but the text in Street Fighter 4 is way too small ! [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Congrats.

I assume you play those games on a standard NTSC TV? Unfortunately most PS3 games are opimised for WXGA resolutions, which makes some of them hardly playable on low res TVs. Though luckily neither SF4 nor GH3 require much reading, I would assume.

vedder (70685) on 5/12/2009 8:18 AM · Permalink · Report

I wouldn't think so, no :)

Guitar Hero IV can be a pain on "LowD" TVs though. Even on the Wii version the lyrics are hard to read. And that console isn't even made for HD.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/12/2009 11:47 AM · Permalink · Report

I actually have 15 inch HD LCD TV. But tiny text has always been a probelm in every console generation. (Wipeout and Gran Turismo.)

Big John WV (26954) on 5/13/2009 7:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Found Reign of Fire for PS2 at Gamestop for $4.99 used. Not bad, nothing spectacular, but decent in it's own rights.

Big John WV (26954) on 5/22/2009 6:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Just came back from yard sales, kinda slim pickings. I did get a PS2 dual shock controller for $2 bucks, only thing wrong with it is no rubber coatings on the analog sticks. Did come across a few Game Gear games, but they didn't look so good, faded and the front stickers were torn, wouldn't have been bad but they wanted $10 bucks a piece. I thought I found the jackpot at one, a Sega Saturn for $3, but there were a few things missing like no controllers, no games, no audio/video cables, a frayed power cord and when I picked it up you can hear something inside rattling around.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/22/2009 9:23 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Big John WV wrote--]I thought I found the jackpot at one, a Sega Saturn for $3, but there were a few things missing like no controllers, no games, no audio/video cables, a frayed power cord and when I picked it up you can hear something inside rattling around. [/Q --end Big John WV wrote--]

Man ! Seems everybody is picking up a Saturn lately. I hope yours works, because they're kinda pain to constantly take apart and put back together to make sure it works.

Big John WV (26954) on 5/22/2009 9:27 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Man ! Seems everybody is picking up a Saturn lately. I hope yours works, because they're kinda pain to constantly take apart and put back together to make sure it works. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

I didn't pick it up, I don't have the time or patience to work on them. There used to be a place where I could sell them off for some money, but they went out of business. The people also worried me, when I picked it up, before I said anything the guy blurted out "Don't worry about that rattling that's normal", lol.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/23/2009 6:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Well, went back to the flea market to try and return my Saturn, but the guy wasn't there today. But on some bargain releated notes, I got Escape From Monkey Island ($2), Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura ($1), Mortal Kombat for the Genesis ($2), and Metal Gear 1 and 2, ($5 each.) They're from the Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection, but the guy selling it kept the third game. Other than Mario 64 and a memory card, I've got enough games to last me for years !

vedder (70685) on 5/29/2009 10:11 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Last night I won an eBay auction for System Shock (Enhanced CD ROM edition). From the pictures it looks to be in perfect shape.

I still can hardly believe it, but I won it for a mere AU$ 0.99 ! In Euros that's roughly 50 cents!

Sure there's shipment costs, but all in all it's less than €12.

I've bid on a lot of System Shock auctions on eBay lately, but they all went for more than US$ 50. Needless to say I'm very happy :)

xroox (3895) on 5/29/2009 11:10 AM · Permalink · Report

Wow! Good catch! I'd be jealous if I didn't already have one myself :)

Kabushi (260849) on 5/29/2009 11:35 AM · Permalink · Report

I got mine for 10 SEK (<1$) in a store some years ago. It's a EA Classics release but it still got the manual so that was quite a deal too.

Big John WV (26954) on 6/2/2009 6:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Just came from Sears and found Motorstorm for $9.97 and Battlefield: Bad Company for $19.99.

Mr Almond (2485) on 6/18/2009 7:40 AM · Permalink · Report

Just had a look through the clearance bin outside a 24hr DVD/game rental place near me and found Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2 for £9.99. Looks never played and since it sells on eBay and Amazon for over double that (and then some) seems like a bargain to me.

Big John WV (26954) on 6/19/2009 10:12 PM · Permalink · Report

Just came from yard sales and found a Nintendo 64, three controllers, All-Star Baseball 2000, Pokemon Snap and Star Wars Rogue Squadron for only $3.

Foxhack (32102) on 6/19/2009 11:11 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

$5. All are complete. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that Myst game. I hate Myst.

chirinea (47504) on 6/20/2009 3:31 AM · Permalink · Report

You mean $5 for the whole pack!? O_O

Foxhack (32102) on 6/20/2009 3:37 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yep, $5 USD for all.

The guy who owned the booth where I got them originally wanted $2 for one game, so I picked three out. Then he said, "If you want them all, you can take them for $5."

Me: "Huh? $5?! Are you sure?"

Guy: "Yeah. I don't think anyone will buy them so I'd rather sell them all to one customer."

So I grabbed all eight boxes, paid, and left. I was pretty weirded out, but yeah. Eeeeheehee.

I've heard good things about that Tunguska game. And a Broken Sword game was an unexpected bonus!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 6/20/2009 11:17 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Big John WV wrote--]Just came from yard sales and found a Nintendo 64, three controllers, All-Star Baseball 2000, Pokemon Snap and Star Wars Rogue Squadron for only $3. [/Q --end Big John WV wrote--]

Congrats on getting one of the best systems ever !

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 6/20/2009 9:50 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

At the flea market toady, I got RE-The Director's Cut ($1), Wipeout complete with big box and manual ($1), Gran Turismo 2 with only one manual missing ($2), and Sega GT 2002 / JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future for a dollar. But I saved the best for last. I couldn't believe my eyes...it was just lying there on a blanket of old VHS tapes...get ready for it... A near comeplete (Disk 3 and the manual are missing.)...

Final Fantasy VII...FOR FIFTY CENTS !!!

. That's right, 50 cents ! I told the lady selling it how much people charge for and she seemed surprised. (And slightly disgusted.) She said she thought she had the third disk, but alas, she didn't. The case and disks I do have are in good shape, and I can get the third disk and manual off Ebay for almost nothing ! You can get your jaws off the floor now. 8)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 6/20/2009 10:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Just in case nobody noticed. ;)

Mr Almond (2485) on 6/22/2009 8:21 AM · Permalink · Report

I picked up FFVII for free from some guy in my local FreeCycle network. Worth looking into if there's a group running where you are. Got me a pefectly good N64 for free, about 50 Atari ST games in a huge bundle and numerous N64 , SNES and PS1 games. All free I tells ya.

chirinea (47504) on 6/22/2009 10:32 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start ShabbyPie wrote--]I picked up FFVII for free from some guy in my local FreeCycle network. Worth looking into if there's a group running where you are. Got me a pefectly good N64 for free, about 50 Atari ST games in a huge bundle and numerous N64 , SNES and PS1 games. All free I tells ya. [/Q --end ShabbyPie wrote--]Why oh why there aren't such things down here...

Big John WV (26954) on 6/23/2009 2:40 AM · Permalink · Report

I got Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for around $11 and some odd change.

Slug Camargo (583) on 7/3/2009 12:41 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm not sure whether this counts as "discount bin" or what, but ZOMG STEAM IS CARRYING FALLOUT 3 50% OFF!!! =O

So there. The offer ends next Sunday, so better get onto it pronto.

Foxhack (32102) on 7/3/2009 1:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Maybe if it was ten bucks. Maybe. :p

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 7/11/2009 9:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Toaday was a pleasant day at the fleamarket. Nothing special, but all the stuff I got was in excellent shape. I got Road Rash for four dollars, MorrowWind and Half Life 2 (XBOX) for 14, and Spider Man 2-Enter Electro for 3. I'm somewhat hesitant about playing HL2 ,and not having played the original. (A shame, I know.) Through spoilers on tv, I already know the ending, but do I really need to play HL1 in order to play HL2 ? I'd preffer to play the first one first (Yes I now that sounds redundant.), but I want to play the second one so bad ! Any advice ?

Foxhack (32102) on 7/11/2009 9:53 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Play it on a PC, it's just not the same with a gamepad (in fact it may be even -harder- to play.)

As for me... a pretty weird day.

I wasn't expecting to find anything... but I found WAY more than I thought I'd ever find.

Right off the bat I found Final Fantasy VII (no manual) + Bomberman (JP PS1, complete with spine card, Japanese manual, and a Chinese/English manual?!). The cost? $5 for both!

A little while later I noticed someone selling PS2 and Gamecube games for $5. I saw Shadow of the Colossus (original print) there but the disc was really damaged and the cover art was torn... So I grabbed Metroid Prime 2 instead. Apparently they had lots more games earlier, but I was late. :(

And then I went to another booth and saw a bunch of Saturn games that had been there for sale a couple of months ago. (I'd picked out complete copies of Panzer Dragoon and the Saturn three-game pack with Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA and Virtua Cop 2 for $10 back then, but left some sports games behind.) Today I picked out Die Hard Trilogy and Daytona USA Championship Edition. $4 for both. They still had the other three soccer games (Worldwide Soccer 96 and 97, and Striker 96) but I didn't want them. Then I noticed a booth with TONS of new Dreamcast Jump packs, and grabbed one for $1. And just as I was leaving, I found You Don't Know Jack (PS1) for $2. WOW.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 7/12/2009 11:20 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Holy crap man ! That's incredible ! BTW, does FFVII have all three disks ?

Edit-When I get around to playing HL1 it would be on the pc.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 7/24/2009 9:07 PM · Permalink · Report

In case anybody was wondering where I was, I was on vaction. Now onto what I found while I was gone. I got Carnivores 2, and Bad Dudes CD-ROM edition for two bucks, Rayman for the PS1 for three, and Viruta Racing on the Genesis for ten. The other games I got were somewhat overpriced but in great shape. (Street Fighter 2 Championship Edit. and Desert Strike for ten each.) And somehow, I ended up buying a DEMO disk of RE3. Oh well, nice to be back. 8)

Foxhack (32102) on 7/26/2009 9:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, I'm stuck in Tennessee but my sister took me to a flea market and I found a booth with a bunch of old PC software and games, as well as hardware. It was AWESOME and I wish I could've raided her place, because I could've easily built four or five retro PCs with all her stuff. She had full towers for A DOLLAR EACH. I wish I could take these home with me, but I can't. :(

Anyway, I bought these games for a buck each:

Cyborgirl (an Epic Megagames pinball game that doesn't seem to be in the database)
Air Havoc Controller (brand new, alternate cover)
A Capcom three-pack that includes the DOS versions of Street Fighter, Cabal, and I forget what other game)
Some strategy game I don't remember the name of
A flight simulation three-pack that isn't in the database... which also had a few extra floppies I didn't see until I unpacked it.

All are complete and in box. Not a bad haul. I saw a bunch of other interesting stuff, including a copy of MS-DOS 5 (in box, 5.25" floppy disk version) but alas, I have no 5.25" floppy drive. I MAY go back for one, and the 5.25" games I left behind, too, next week. :)

DJP Mom (11333) on 7/26/2009 9:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, that does it, I'm moving south, seems to be where all the good flea-markets are!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 7/27/2009 11:37 AM · Permalink · Report

You weren't in the Smokies by any chance were you ? Because that's where I was. My family has been going there since 1999.

Foxhack (32102) on 7/27/2009 5:07 PM · Permalink · Report

I dunno, it's Tennessee. And I'm Mexican, I fail at Gringo Geography. :p

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/23/2009 5:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Just posting to keep the thread alive. 8)

xroox (3895) on 8/24/2009 7:15 AM · Permalink · Report

I got a nice copy of GTA: San Andreas for £4...

beetle120 (2415) on 8/24/2009 11:12 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sam Jeffreys wrote--]I got a nice copy of GTA: San Andreas for £4... [/Q --end Sam Jeffreys wrote--] In Australia there is two versions of GTA: San Andreas floating around, legal and illegal versions because of the Hot Coffee, the OFLC re-rating baned it. Now I have a copy of the GTA: San Andreas I cannot get rid of (as I don't have a PS2 anymore) as shops will not accept it and can't sell it on ebay as it is a banned game.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66274) on 8/24/2009 11:26 PM · Permalink · Report

That's about as big a "bang for your buck" ratio as you're going to get.

Well, barring NetHack 8)

Foxhack (32102) on 8/25/2009 5:28 PM · Permalink · Report

I got a trio of Japanese PS1 games in the mail today:

Pro Mahjong Kiwame Plus II
The Game Of Life: DX Jinsei II
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack

The cost? $4 (shipping costs). I got them as freebies from GameTZ.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/31/2009 11:58 AM · Permalink · Report

I got Spiderman for the PS2 yesterday for 4 bucks, and Burnout 3 for the XBOX for ten. I think that might have been my last stop at that GameStop. They've got all their PS2 games on two racks, and the quality is kinda iffy. Man I still wish they sold PS1 and N64 stuff. 8(

Mr Almond (2485) on 8/31/2009 5:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Just got a copy of the Game Cube Zelda Collection for 99p at my local GameStation. Also picked up Max Payne and Max Payne 2 (xbox) for 99p and 1.99, and Fable Lost Chapters for 7.99. A bargain when you consider that each game is 1200 ms points to download on the 360. That's £10.20 each in UK money.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/6/2009 11:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Just got some bargains that are actual bargains ! Mad Meistro for 2 bucks, MDK 2 for 4 bucks, and a COMEPLETE copy of Rez for 20 bucks ! The back cover is a bit messy becuase of the mass of stickers, but nothing some GooGone can't fix. I'll be playing MDK 2 obsessivlely after I finish Fallout, and I'll have a review for it after I'm done.

Parf (7873) on 9/7/2009 9:12 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I'll be playing MDK 2 obsessivlely after I finish Fallout, and I'll have a review for it after I'm done. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

Now there's a game that made me scream in frustration quite a few times. It's really good, but probably among the harder games I've ever played. I did play the DC version however, so the slightly "off" control layout might have something to do with it as well. And it's made by Bioware! Now there's a bonus in itself. :)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/21/2009 12:07 PM · Permalink · Report

Got Wing Commander Prophecy yesterday for two bucks (GBA version.) I also re-bought Space Channle 5 Special Edition ,for 5 bucks, after foolishly selling it. In fact I think it's the same copy I sold.

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/21/2009 12:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I got NHL 2003 (PC) for free :P (library sale shelves)

Also MVP Baseball 2003, same place. Both unopened.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/21/2009 9:43 PM · Permalink · Report

I got Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA for fifty cents. Disk only, I stumbled upon it while looking at some (I figured empty) DVD cases. Since I already had the artwork and manual, I bought it. I tried it out and it's just so... different from the DDR games I used to play so many years ago... And those two other games are for the site, obviously.

I also picked up a CIB copy of The Neverhood for $4. I'll probably sell it on eBay. I need a new hard drive. :P

xroox (3895) on 9/22/2009 12:55 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--]I also picked up a CIB copy of The Neverhood for $4. I'll probably sell it on eBay. I need a new hard drive. :P [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--]WOW - You got lucky :) Seriously, how much does that thing sell for now?

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/26/2009 7:36 PM · Permalink · Report

I went to the flea market for the last time this year. I got Skate or Die, Ice Hockey, and Blades of Steel for five bucks, Asteroids, Missile Command, Stampede, and E.T for six bucks. Now all I need is a actual 2600 to play them on make sure they work. 8/

Don Komarechka (1615) on 9/28/2009 2:18 AM · Permalink · Report

When I worked for EB Games, I got all sorts of great deals. People would trade in PS1 games for $1, and I would buy them for $2 ($5 max I think). This is how I obtained most of my PS1 RPG collection.

Titles like Suikoden II, Lunar: SIlver Start Story Complete, all of the Squaresoft titles, Persona, Ogre Battle, etc etc

Good times :)

More recently, I found a complete boxed copy of Odama for the GameCube for $2, with microphone and clip. Score!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 10/19/2009 12:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Yesterday, I picked up a practically mint copy of Alien Hominid for ten bucks, and a near mint copy of Viewtiful Joe for five. Best in shape stuff I've seen at a Gamestop in years !

Foxhack (32102) on 10/19/2009 8:12 PM · Permalink · Report

I found DDR Extreme for $5 at the flea market today.

And I got King of Fighters: The Orochi Saga (not the Japanese version, but the craptacular US port) from Goozex. It's brand spankin' new.

Maw (832) on 10/20/2009 3:19 AM · Permalink · Report

Goozex is the worst company name I've ever heard.

Foxhack (32102) on 10/20/2009 4:18 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

It's a trading site, you send games to other people and you get points, and then you spend the points by getting trades from other people. It's a nice system, but some of the point values are waaaaaay off. Very common games have a high price, and they never get traded out.

Also, some of the users seem to think that a mangled disc is tradeable. I've gotten a bunch of crap from there but I've also gotten brand new stuff (like this game, Die Hard Trilogy 2, and Karaoke Revolution American Idol Encore).

Foxhack (32102) on 10/20/2009 9:36 PM · Permalink · Report

$6. :p

xroox (3895) on 10/26/2009 12:06 PM · Permalink · Report

This isn't a game bargain, but it is a gaming-related bargain:

I bought two 21" monitors from eBay... for 99 pence each! No shipping charges either, as it was local collection only for these CRT beasts. Luckily, the seller only lived 15 minutes from me. And now the 17" I've been using for years has been relegated to the cupboard.

Foxhack (32102) on 10/26/2009 6:31 PM · Permalink · Report

Too bad they're CRTs. :(

xroox (3895) on 10/26/2009 7:01 PM · Permalink · Report

They're intentionally CRTs :)

Graham Hudson (3) on 10/28/2009 8:28 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I am not big on star trek, but I went to goodwill and got Star Trek: Judgment Rites, sealed for 5 dollars

FF7(GH) - $10 my third copy of the game

Nintendo Power Pad (boxed) - $1

U-Force (boxed) - $5

Clockwork Knights 1 and 2 - $25

Kobrili

Castlevania: Bloodlines

Contra: Hard Corps

etc.. $5 a piece

Goodwill/Yard sales/Disc Replay are my favorite places to go!

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 10/30/2009 5:36 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Graham Hudson wrote--]FF7(GH) - $10 my third copy of the game [/Q --end Graham Hudson wrote--] Whatever you want to spend your money on is obviously your business. But I do have to ask-- why are you interested in collection 3 separate copies? Did you lose/sell the other copies?

Graham Hudson (3) on 11/2/2009 5:38 PM · Permalink · Report

well, eventually, I plan to sell them, when I am not lazy... I only want to keep one copy, but I found the others for cheap and knew I could sell them for 50 bucks...

MZ per X (3017) on 11/2/2009 7:04 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Graham Hudson wrote--]well, eventually, I plan to sell them, when I am not lazy... I only want to keep one copy, but I found the others for cheap and knew I could sell them for 50 bucks... [/Q --end Graham Hudson wrote--] Yeah, FF7 sells at incredible prices. I once bought it, then threw away the box... :-(

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/2/2009 8:51 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey ! I just remembered this thread has now been around for two years now ! Hard to believe it's been here for that long. On some bargain releated notes, Sunday, I picked Wario Inc. for 5 bucks, Drakan The Ancient's Gate for six, and TR-AoD for five. Just from trying to move around for a few minutes I could tell it's going to be awful, but I'm trying to get back in the TR groove I was a few years ago.

vedder (70685) on 11/18/2009 6:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Dragon Age Origins + Divinity II: Ego Draconis + Left 4 Dead 2

€ 103.47 free shipping.

I love play.com. Never were newly released so cheap!

xroox (3895) on 11/18/2009 10:37 PM · Permalink · Report

Awww, Left 4 Dead 2 should be arriving with me tomorrow. Wish I was immortal so I'd have time to play Dragon Age Origins and all those other cool RPGs I haven't played yet and possibly never will.

Sorry! Off-topic.

Bargains... Uhh... I got Left 4 Dead 2 for £24.99 including shipping... Does that count?

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/21/2009 4:55 PM · Permalink · Report

I got a really nice copy of Genji-Dawn of the Samurai last night for five dollars ! It kinda smells, but I slipped in some newspaper to try and get the smell out. If anybody is interest in getting my old copy of Genji, just pm me.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/16/2010 10:04 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Some sucky news. My copy of Warlocked I ordered from Amazon was cancled. I got my money back, but it was so cheap ! And it was supposed to have it's own case ! Eerrgg.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/16/2010 12:20 AM · Permalink · Report

Kinda late posting it, but, I got Dark Cloud for five bucks, Ultimate Spiderman for ten, and FFXII for eleve at Gamestop Saturday. I don't think I'll make many more trips there. Most of he remaining PS2 games are in crappy, cracked boxes, and finding one that is under 13 bucks in good condition is next to impossible. They don't even have a lot of Game Cube stuff anymore. Figures they would be out of good stuff just when I decide to start collecting for it.

MZ per X (3017) on 3/16/2010 9:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Seen last weekend:

Space Siege
Stranglehold
Hard to be a God

for three Euros each. Just bought Space Siege, though.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/21/2010 11:34 PM · Permalink · Report

I picked up the last good N-64 games at Roses today. Wayne Gretzy's Hockey and NBA In the Zone 98 for five dollars each. Yeah, that last one is pretty bad, but it still had the box complete with all it's original contents. Who knows, it might be valuable one day. 8)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/3/2010 6:19 PM · Permalink · Report

I jumpstared my Game Cube collection today. I bought, Pikmen ($12.), Zelda-The Wind Waker ($20.) and Metroid Prime ($4.). Game Cube games are a bit more expensive than I thought, but the games were in decent shape (Pikmen looks amolst new, but Metroid kinda chewed up.), and I thought I should get them before they were gone. I was going to get a GC system, but I was short on time and didn't get a chance.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/17/2010 4:45 PM · Permalink · Report

I got Batman Vengeance for ten bucks, and PSYCHONAUTS for twelve !!! (Both are for the PS2.) As usual with GameStop, it doesn't have the cover or manual, and is pretty sratched up, but given how rare it is, I couldn't pass it up !

vedder (70685) on 4/17/2010 7:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Grim Fandango + Loom + Day of the Tentacle + The Dig

All in their original box with everything included. €75 total, no shipping costs. The Loom box is damaged though. Most of these games I've been hunting for at e-bay for years and I rarely see any of the first three go for anything less than €60.

The same seller was also selling Secret of Monkey Island which I let slip by (went away for €84) and The last Crusade EGA, which I let slip because I'd rather spend my money on the VGA version.

DJP Mom (11333) on 4/17/2010 9:13 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vedder wrote--]Grim Fandango + Loom + Day of the Tentacle + The Dig

[/Q --end vedder wrote--]Whoa! It's the dream find DOS gamers long for!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/17/2010 11:30 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vedder wrote--]Grim Fandango + Loom + Day of the Tentacle + The Dig[/Q --end vedder wrote--]

Holy ****! That's amazing !

Parf (7873) on 4/18/2010 6:28 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vedder wrote--]Grim Fandango + Loom + Day of the Tentacle + The Dig[/Q --end vedder wrote--]

I have two of those games (DOTT and Dig) myself and I replayed DOTT a couple of weeks ago. That game still kicks so much ass! :)

Great find there for sure!

xroox (3895) on 4/21/2010 4:29 PM · Permalink · Report

I just won a copy of Infinite Space which is good, because I was planning on buying it anyway. Also: I won something!

Hmm, I think this means I'd better add it MobyGames.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/25/2010 7:56 PM · Permalink · Report

I picked up Primal for three bucks today. No manual or cover art as usual. (Or box until the guy at the counter ask me if I wanted one.) Now is the time to get some fairly rare PS2 games. I'm pretty sure Gamestop is phasing them out, and pretty soon there will only be second rate movie and sports games left in the bins.

xroox (3895) on 4/25/2010 9:37 PM · Permalink · Report

Sports games. Sports games. They're like a plague. Some used sections consist only of various iterations of sports games.

Parf (7873) on 4/26/2010 8:29 AM · Permalink · Report

Since they are always the types of games which end up in bargain bins you'd think that either the developer should have learned to manufacture less of them or that the store selling them would order less of them in the first place.

Sports games are like cartons of milk... good and relevant for the first week, then after that no one wants to touch them, and they just keep getting worse the longer they sit. :\

ResidentHazard (3555) on 4/27/2010 7:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64 for $6.50 at Target at one point. Got Crimson Skies for the Xbox for $3 from a pawn shop brand new--still had the Microsoft tape on the side. Fable II for the Xbox360 discounted to $13 just last week, brand new at Target. Namco Museum DS, for about $3 brand new, discounted at Target about two weeks ago. Nothing quite the calibur of Fable II or Conker, but still a nice price. House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return for the Wii for $15 at Target--discounted as Target stopped carrying it--they sold out within about a day or two of Target dropping the price to that $15.

So that's a few of my catches.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/1/2010 8:30 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Went to the flea market today. I got Last Bronx (PC version.) for two dollars and Actraiser for four. I also picked up Soul Reaver 2 for five bucks. I finally got a gameCube at Gamestop for 30, but I'm going to hold off on playing it. The memory cards were ten bucks ! And I have other games to play in the meantime.

ResidentHazard (3555) on 5/4/2010 1:17 AM · Permalink · Report

So at a garage sale on Saturday, I got the best deal I've ever gotten for video games I paid for:

Sega Dreamcast (Black Sega Sports edition) 2 controllers, one white, one black 1 VMU 1 "other" memory card Tremor Pak 15 (fifteen) games

What did all this wonderment cost me? Five dollars. That's it. Five bucks for all that. I didn't need a second Dreamcast, but really now, the price couldn't have been more right!

Parf (7873) on 5/4/2010 7:23 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start ResidentHazard wrote--]I didn't need a second Dreamcast...[/Q --end ResidentHazard wrote--]

You will eventually. I've worked my way through 3 of them. The GD-ROM wasn't known to last very long, and wears out quickly if you play a lot.

Hmm... I should go hunting for a 4th soon. I have lots of games I still haven't gotten to for it.

Foxhack (32102) on 5/13/2010 12:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Not exactly a game, but...

Three bucks for those strategy guides. They're mint, and the X-Files one still has the bonus CD new in the plastic sleeve. :D

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/14/2010 8:24 PM · Permalink · Report

I got my Xbox copy of Armed and Dangerous sooner than I expected today. The disk is PERFECT and it has the manual and front insert. But the seller never told me the bottom of the case was cracked. Oh well, I'm cracking out the Xbox to give it a go tomorrow.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/16/2010 6:03 PM · Permalink · Report

Went to Gamestop today and got PNO3 for three dollars and Alter Echo for four. Both are in surprisingly good shape considering Gamestop is phasing out PS2 and GC titles.

Foxhack (32102) on 5/16/2010 8:53 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Went to Gamestop today and got PNO3 for three dollars and Alter Echo for four. Both are in surprisingly good shape considering Gamestop is phasing out PS2 and GC titles. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]... Phasing out according to who?

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 5/16/2010 8:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Maybe his local shop just has a really crappy selection. :P No way are they phasing out PS2 anytime soon.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/16/2010 10:57 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm pretty sure they're starting to. I remember when they started to phase out PS1 ,N64 and XBOX 1 games. It feels pretty similar. Games up front in paper sleeves, crappy cases on the main racks, super cheap prices and fewer $13+ games on the wall (AKA, ganes in near mint shape.). In the next five years, I'll bet they'll be gone.

Foxhack (32102) on 5/16/2010 11:45 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I'm pretty sure they're starting to. I remember when they started to phase out PS1 ,N64 and XBOX 1 games. It feels pretty similar. Games up front in paper sleeves, crappy cases on the main racks, super cheap prices and fewer $13+ games on the wall (AKA, ganes in near mint shape.). In the next five years, I'll bet they'll be gone. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]That's funny, that's how PS2's always been for as long as I can remember. :P

And yes, PS2 will be gone by then. We'll be playing our PS4s with VR goggles.

Foxhack (32102) on 5/18/2010 8:45 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Not pictured: A Japanese Core Grafx system. Total - $10 for the system, $2 a pop for the items above.

ETA: Forgot to mention, I also got complete copies of Dynasty Warriors 3 (PS2) and Midway Arcade Treasures (PS2)... for SHIPPING COSTS. (Free.)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/24/2010 11:45 AM · Permalink · Report

I picked up Scurge: Hive, Gunstar Super Heros and Iridion 3D for the GBA yesterday. It seems like Gamestop is starting to phase out GBA games as well. Scurge: Hive was in a paper sleeve on the counter with lots of other games. I hope they're not, because it's only been four years since the GBA had any major support. Not soon enough to phase them in my opinion.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 6/18/2010 10:17 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm super late posting this, but I got the N64 version of Rayman 2 from Amazon for eight bucks. And it looks brand new! I passed it up five years ago, but now I'm seeing what I missed! It's fantastic, though the camera takes a little getting used too.

vedder (70685) on 6/18/2010 10:42 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah that's an amazing game.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 7/16/2010 10:19 PM · Permalink · Report

This thread apparently died along with ol' Danny's leave of absence. WISE FWOM YO GWAVE!

Gamestop here in the US seems to be pulling out their buy-2-get-1-free sales more often than they used to. There's one going on right now until tomorrow. Went to the shop here and after much deliberation, picked up Bayonetta, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing for a grand total of about $60. Put about a half hour into each just to make sure they worked, and all three are quality titles, and worth the investment. The real question is when will I actually get around to playing them. :) Also picked up After Burner Climax and Mega Man 10 on XBLA when they were deal of the week. Five bucks was a steal for either of them!

It's weird! I usually love strange little crap games nobody's ever heard of (and I went in hoping to find a copy of Nier, Neir, Neer?, Beer!...no luck), but I've actually been picking up quality games recently. I almost feel bad for not giving them the quality time they deserve.

Sciere (927131) on 7/16/2010 11:08 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I picked up the PS3 version of Bayonetta as well a few weeks ago and totally forgot that the PS3 port was said to be so crappy. Good news is they put out a massive 180 MB patch in the meantime and it played fine right away. But as a dedicated "achiever" surely you picked up the 360 version anyway =)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 7/18/2010 9:08 PM · Permalink · Report

I'M ALIVE!!! I'm surprised this thread has lasted almost three years now! Anyway, I found a much nicer copy of Psychonauts today for 13 bucks. Cover, manual and a disk in better shape. I might pick it up again soon. About two months ago I accidentally ereased half of my progress, and haven't felt up to going through that much of the game again. Sigh.

xroox (3895) on 7/18/2010 9:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Welcome back! I like this thread, and am pleased that it's still here. I haven't bought anything worth mentioning, though :/

Golradir on 7/20/2010 3:06 PM · Permalink · Report

this thread has been going for three years and i am glad it is back. i love playing the old games when i can get them to work : (

Foxhack (32102) on 8/18/2010 4:52 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

WISE FROM YOUR GWAVE. What the hell. :p

Yesterday's finds:

$3. Not sure if I should play it or sell it since it's new.

Today's finds:

KOF 98 UM was $12 and Scurge Hive was $5 (both new, for my collection). Ultima Collection v1.2 was $2 and it's going to eBay.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/18/2010 11:09 PM · Permalink · Report

KOF 98 is awesome! I wanted that game since I was 15. I got it last year, and it's become one of my favorite fighting games since.

Foxhack (32102) on 8/18/2010 11:50 PM · Permalink · Report

Now if only SNK Pee would get their heads out of their asses and bring The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match Tougeki Version stateside, I'd be happy. But nooooooooooooo.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 8/18/2010 11:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Ooh, Scurge Hive is a pretty awesome game. Not perfect, and takes more than a few bits from Metroid, but I quite liked it. The main character's design really reminds me of Roomi from Galaxy Fight, which is no bad thing. :)

PolloDiablo (16853) on 8/22/2010 5:37 PM · Permalink · Report

Just back from Gamescom in Germany. Bought a few games and got some for free! Apparently, some discount shop or other had some games on offer for 2 euro each. My haul includes the newly released game Lost Horizon, Jade Rousseau, Alter Ego, Das Geheimniss des Geisterschiffs, Wilde Kerle 5, Tell, Die drei Wünsche des Dr. Khotabich, The Void, Goin' Downtown and the first five Carol Reeds bundled. Will add any game not already in database after playing them, if no one beats me to it, will also check for alternative covers or product codes etc. :)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/22/2010 7:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Gamespot managed to suprise me today. I got Wave Race Blue Storm for four bucks, Battalion Wars for five, and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for ten. They're all in great shape too!

vedder (70685) on 8/22/2010 8:13 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Gamespot managed to suprise me today. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]

That would surprise me too if GameSpot was suddenly selling games ;)

Parf (7873) on 8/22/2010 8:42 PM · Permalink · Report

spot, stop... what's the difference? ;)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/22/2010 9:11 PM · Permalink · Report

Whoops!

beetle120 (2415) on 8/22/2010 11:37 PM · Permalink · Report

I wonder if we will someday get GameStop in Australia. But what EB has done in destroying the local independent game shops I can imagine GameStop will finish them all off.

Lain Crowley (6630) on 8/23/2010 12:09 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start beetle120 wrote--]I wonder if we will someday get GameStop in Australia. But what EB has done in destroying the local independent game shops I can imagine GameStop will finish them all off. [/Q --end beetle120 wrote--]

No need to wonder, they're already there! (Gamestop and EB are the same company, and have been for like seven years now)

Parf (7873) on 8/23/2010 9:21 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

We have two chains here in little Sweden; GameStop and Game (originally from the UK). Only real difference between the two is the logo.

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/24/2010 1:33 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

My son works at GameStop, the house is rapidly filling up with bargain games as well as new games, not to mention all his pre-ordered stuff...

Daniel, I think this thread needs a new edition!

MZ per X (3017) on 8/24/2010 6:44 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]My son works at GameStop, the house is rapidly filling up with bargain games as well as new games, not to mention all his pre-ordered stuff... [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--] Is he contributing here already - or are you secretly stealing all his points? =)

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/24/2010 11:48 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MZ per X wrote--] [Q2 --start DJP Mom wrote--]My son works at GameStop, the house is rapidly filling up with bargain games as well as new games, not to mention all his pre-ordered stuff... [/Q2 --end DJP Mom wrote--] Is he contributing here already - or are you secretly stealing all his points? =) [/Q --end MZ per X wrote--] ;-) He's a mainstream gamer - the chances of him bringing home something that isn't already in the db or in the queue are almost nil, but when I do happen across a US cover or something I'll borrow it for a few minutes...

MZ per X (3017) on 8/25/2010 10:45 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--] ;-) He's a mainstream gamer - the chances of him bringing home something that isn't already in the db or in the queue are almost nil, but when I do happen across a US cover or something I'll borrow it for a few minutes... [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--] Oh no, not mainstream again. I'm starting to dislike that word because it has become so mainstream in the modern language. ;o)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 8/24/2010 11:47 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

The only Gamestop I've ever liked was one that was originally a EB Games. They kept the same staff after the switch, which was good because they're really nice. I haven't been to that one in a while though.

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]My son works at GameStop, the house is rapidly filling up with bargain games as well as new games, not to mention all his pre-ordered stuff...

Daniel, I think this thread needs a new edition! [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--]

I was going to start a new thread when this one hits the three year mark. 8)

MZ per X (3017) on 8/24/2010 3:08 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] I was going to start a new thread when this one hits the three year mark. 8) [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Maybe 300 posts are enough, too? This gets really crowded.

beetle120 (2415) on 8/24/2010 1:54 AM · Permalink · Report

We have GAME here, not sure if it's the same though.

Ever since GAME set up shop, two of my favourite independent stores have closed down. Video Games Heaven sold games from every platform from every era, going there was like going to a museum and GameMania, they would import games for you so you could get them pre-release and they had the best game rental collection found anywhere (not sure if they have closed down but they seem to renovating without progress for a very long time). So GAME has a bad reputation with me and I try to avoid going there.

beetle120 (2415) on 8/24/2010 1:40 AM · Permalink · Report

So in the US they have both EB and GameStop but they are the same company. strange.

Foxhack (32102) on 8/24/2010 2:27 AM · Permalink · Report

There's not that many EB Games stores anymore. Most have been turned into Gamestop.

Lain Crowley (6630) on 8/24/2010 3:25 AM · Permalink · Report

It seems like the only time they still use both names is when they have two stores in the same mall.

Yeah, that's right. Two stores, of the same parent company, selling the same products, in the same mall.

beetle120 (2415) on 8/24/2010 4:58 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Lain Crowley wrote--]Yeah, that's right. Two stores, of the same parent company, selling the same products, in the same mall. [/Q --end Lain Crowley wrote--]

Do they try to undercut each other? That would be funny.

I think it would be a bad move to start changing the name here to the unknown GameStop. I was doing some reading and it seems that GameStop is planing to buy out UK chain GAME which recently started popping up everywhere here manly in the same shopping centers as EB so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

Lain Crowley (6630) on 8/24/2010 6:22 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start beetle120 wrote--]Do they try to undercut each other? That would be funny. [/Q --end beetle120 wrote--] They can't! Prices and sales all come from corporate. The only thing they decide on is how pushy they want to be in selling pre-orders and insurance.

Sciere (927131) on 8/24/2010 8:37 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

In many European countries they are after the Free Record Shop chains of stores too.

Foxhack (32102) on 8/24/2010 5:35 AM · Permalink · Report

During my trip to Tennessee, I actually visited a mall with three Gamestops.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 8/24/2010 9:21 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Foxhack wrote--]During my trip to Tennessee, I actually visited a mall with three Gamestops. [/Q --end Foxhack wrote--] In Daly City, CA, there's a spot that used to have four Gamestops literally within a quarter mile of each other. Two of them were in the same mall, then two more right across the freeway. They took one of them out of the mall about a year ago, though.

Granted, there's also two Target Greatlands and two Home Depots in this same area, so it's kind of a consumerist shithole anyway.

Parf (7873) on 8/24/2010 11:29 AM · Permalink · Report

The King Of Prussia Mall in PA has two GameStops above each other. Can't find a game in the first, take the stairs down and look again. So strange. :\

Lain Crowley (6630) on 8/24/2010 4:16 PM · Permalink · Report

It still amazes me that they built two K-marts on directly opposite sides of the freeway. And now apparently K-mart is going to be able to put a store inside of SF proper. By the time I get back to the city they'll probably have put in a Wal-mart.

beetle120 (2415) on 8/25/2010 12:31 AM · Permalink · Report

The only example I can think of is a Safeway Supermarket (now Woolworths) set up a new shop in a new mall just up the road from an old shop of theirs. They didn't want to remove the old store as it would leave a nice supermarket sized lot for a rival to move in so they converted it to an quick shop (for all the quick things you need) and the other shop for the weekly shop.

With all the GameStops are there any independent rivals or have they been wiped out, as the case of what is slowly happing here? Even some smaller chains are falling under the EB/GAME domination. The only thing that can stand up to them is other major retailers like K-Mart, Big W, Target but only JB Hi Fi seems to take games seriously. So miss the indie shops. :-(

Lain Crowley (6630) on 8/25/2010 1:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Realistically the video game industry hasn't been able to support independent retailers for over twenty years. What can they offer selection, price, or special offer wise on current games that would entice a customer away from gamestop or best buy? Even if they were part of the small niche that was looking for older software, how can they compete against the prices and selection of ebay? If they wanted to offer imported titles, how can they compete with play-asia or japanese stores that sell directly on ebay?

beetle120 (2415) on 8/25/2010 11:42 PM · Permalink · Report

The gamer scene in Australia had been a bit different. The major retailers never much cared about games so there range was and still is very limited, consisting of mainly kids titles and some seemly random collection. Even though EB started here in 1997 it only really started spreading in the last 5 years or so years and GAME only started in the last year. So if you wanted games the independent stores for a long time was the only option. They only tried to go niche when they couldn't compete with EB prices and special offers, for a while it worked but for the reasons you listed it didn't last long. Even more recently the independents used the internet to help there business by buying 2nd hand copy's in the store and selling them on ebay, well before they left. I personally was willing to pay a bit more to support a shop that is truly passionate about games, but unfortunately most others will not.

vedder (70685) on 8/26/2010 7:37 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm not sure about the rest of the Netherlands, but in the village I lived as a child there was one CD-store which sold games and two toy stores. I could also go to the nearest major city (Eindhoven) but there were no specific game stores there. I'd have to buy them at warehouse, toy store or Free Records Shop.

At one point (late 90s?) there ALMOST was a Virgin Mega Store built in Eindhoven. Which would have been rather awesome, but they exceeded their building rights by extending their store (in a mall) to larger proportions than they had a permit for. So then the whole deal was off.

Eventually my home town got a second CD-store, but I'm not sure whether it sold games. In any case, about half a year later the whole town was hooked onto fiber optics as a nation's first and both CD-stores were gone in no-time.

There's some game stores in Eindhoven now, but quite frankly I've never been there. Since Play.com and Steam exist, I've been buying everything there. Sooo much cheaper than retail.

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/24/2010 11:24 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Lain Crowley wrote--]It seems like the only time they still use both names is when they have two stores in the same mall.

Yeah, that's right. Two stores, of the same parent company, selling the same products, in the same mall. [/Q --end Lain Crowley wrote--] Like our Palisades Mall - My son's Gamestop is on the first floor at one end and the other one is on the top floor at the other end. Both started out as EB Games ;)

Foxhack (32102) on 8/28/2010 6:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Found on Wednesday:

Big Bumpin', Sneak King (360), both brand new, for $1 each. I don't even own a 360... :p
Aliens Vs Predator 2: Gold Edition (complete in box) - $5

Found today:

Epic Pinball (CD version), Activision's Commodore 64 15-pack (CD in case + manual), Blazing Top 50 Windows Games (Swift Jewel). $3 for all.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/2/2010 12:06 AM · Permalink · Report

$6.

:)

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 9/2/2010 12:18 AM · Permalink · Report

Nice.

I'll give you the six bucks for that copy of Guardian Heroes. :D

Foxhack (32102) on 9/2/2010 12:51 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm actually planning on selling it. Sales have been BAD and I need the cashflow to fix my PC... :(

Gotta scan those inserts first, though. :p

Lain Crowley (6630) on 9/2/2010 12:22 AM · Permalink · Report

You have the best thrift store in the whole damn world.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/2/2010 12:52 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

It's not a thrift store, it's the weekly Las Palmas flea market down where I live. Lots of people from all over bring stuff and dump it in their booths and sell the stuff for (usually) good prices.

My only problem? Mexican Customs... They don't like me buying games and stuff and bringing it over here without receipts. They've threatened to slap me with hefty import fines for doing so.

Agh.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/4/2010 6:56 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

WHAHOO! I hit the mother load at the flea market today! First a little backstory. My sister got her car this week, and wated to drive it around today. We deicded to pass by the parking building to see if the flea market was open, and to my surprise, it was! Nobody but me wanted to go in, so my dad jokingly said I had ten minutes. (I thought he was serious.) Anyway, I went up a floor and saw a so so Jetforce Gemini cartridge for $1.50. I went up another floor, and HIT THE JACKPOT! Games piled THREE FEET HIGH, for every system you could think of! SNES, NES, Geneisis, Saturn, PS1 exct. All the stuff was in good or great shape, and for pretty reasonable prices. (Average was about five bucks for each game.)

My eyes were bigger than my wallet sadly. I didn't think it would even be open, so I didn't put much in my wallet. I had to put back Cristalis, Urban Champion and Carnov for the NES, Abe's Exodous and Metal Gear Solid-VR Missions for the PSX. But I did get near perfect condition copies of Castlevania 2, Super Mario Brothers 3, Metroid, Contra for $5, $9, $11, and eight bucks respectevily. A decent copy of Turok for three, Super Mario 64 for twelve, a great copy of Ice Hockey (Atari 2600.) for two, Legacy of Kain-Soul Reaver (PSX.) for seven, and a N64 Transfer Pack for three. After paying for all that stuff, my wallet was practically empty and I went back to the car. After excitedly telling everybody about it, my dad said he was kidding about the ten minutes thing. He offered to give me some more money and go back, but I said I have enough to keep me occupied for a while. (I still have quiet a bit of games I haven't played yet.) Still, I would like to go back next week just to look through everything. I'll have a pic of everything soon. Oh yeah. I also found some Life Savers Swirled Pops! I haven't had those since I was a kid! So yeah, It's been a really great day.

8)

chirinea (47504) on 9/4/2010 8:03 PM · Permalink · Report

You know, I HATE YOU GUYS LIVING IN PLACES WITH FLEA MARKETS!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/4/2010 9:06 PM · Permalink · Report

OF ALL THE ROTTEN LUCK! My NES 72 pin connector is going bad! It worked fine the other day, and all the pins look fine, but I think I need a new one. Err.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/4/2010 9:21 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]You know, I HATE YOU GUYS LIVING IN PLACES WITH FLEA MARKETS! [/Q --end chirinea wrote--]... You'd think Brazil would have some. :p

chirinea (47504) on 9/6/2010 12:13 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Foxhack wrote--] [Q2 --start chirinea wrote--]You know, I HATE YOU GUYS LIVING IN PLACES WITH FLEA MARKETS! [/Q2 --end chirinea wrote--]... You'd think Brazil would have some. :p [/Q --end Foxhack wrote--]Well, actually we have some, my brother sold our whole Atari 2600 collection back in the 90s at one. However, since most people around here buy pirate games, you end up getting pirate games in flea markets, new pirate games. People who have old console games sell them in MercadoLivre.com.br, but never with those prices of yours.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/6/2010 12:53 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]Well, actually we have some, my brother sold our whole Atari 2600 collection back in the 90s at one. However, since most people around here buy pirate games, you end up getting pirate games in flea markets, new pirate games. People who have old console games sell them in MercadoLivre.com.br, but never with those prices of yours. [/Q --end chirinea wrote--]So MercadoLivre is legit down in Brazil?

Because it's filled with thieves and scammers in Mexico.

chirinea (47504) on 9/6/2010 3:29 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Foxhack wrote--] [Q2 --start chirinea wrote--]Well, actually we have some, my brother sold our whole Atari 2600 collection back in the 90s at one. However, since most people around here buy pirate games, you end up getting pirate games in flea markets, new pirate games. People who have old console games sell them in MercadoLivre.com.br, but never with those prices of yours. [/Q2 --end chirinea wrote--]So MercadoLivre is legit down in Brazil?

Because it's filled with thieves and scammers in Mexico. [/Q --end Foxhack wrote--]Yeah, pretty much. The closest thing we have to eBay. I myself made pretty good deals there, like when I bought two bass guitars, a bongo and a tamborim for R$ 140.00 (about U$ 80.00). I also bought games there, sometimes good deals, but never that cheap as you guys get.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/10/2010 12:23 AM · Permalink · Report

I just got my NES back together, and my new 72 pin connector works great! And just in time so I can play on the weekend! I'm really happy right now. 8)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/11/2010 3:24 PM · Permalink · Report

The flea market wasn't as great as I hoped today. The lady that was there last time never showed, and it's wet and cloudy outside, making for a fairly depressing day. Still, I managed to find a nice Blast Corps for five bucks, a complete Chrono Cross for five, a near perfect AND complete copy of Final Fantasy 8 for ten, and a really grody copy of Super Mario 2 for four. The lable being in good shape was the only reason I bought it. There's dust and crud built up in the insert side, but it's nothing I can't handle. So it's was a good day, but nothing spectacular like last week.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/11/2010 6:06 PM · Permalink · Report

I actually decided to skip my local flea market today, because of the date.

I do not want to deal with rowdy, nervous Homeland Security agents today.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/15/2010 5:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Well... I won't inline the pictures this time.

Super Mario / Duck Hunt, SMB2, SMB3, Batman, Bomberman II - $5.

Sneak King, Pocketbike Racer x2, Big Bumpin' - $2 total. (I'm keeping one Pocketbike Racer, the others are for a friend.)

Diablo II + Expansion, Warcraft III, Halo PC complete in box - $7

XPlora 1: Peter Gabriel's Secret World (new), Macrovision-deleting box thingy - $5.

Paris Hilton on 9/17/2010 9:35 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

spam

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 9/18/2010 3:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Another great day at the flea market! I got a nicer copy of DKC to replace my old cartridge, Illusion of Gaia, Star Fox, Zelda-A Link To The Past for my SNES, Track and Field, Donkey Kong Classics, Super Mario Brothers and Wrath of the Black Mantra for the NES, Jurassic Park for the Genesis, Metal Gear VR Missions and Omega Boost for the psx, Frogger for the 2600 and Star Wars Racer for the N64. Some of the more unexpected stuff I found was a boxed copy of Final Fantasy for the NES, a near complete copy of Secret of Evermore, and Dino Crisis. The problem I have when I see stuff like that is I get overly excited. I never bothered to check to see if any of the cardtridges were in good shape. FF was, but the cover for the manual is missing. Secret of Evermore looks terrible! Half of the cartridge has turned almost yellow! And it didn't have the manual! Dino Crisis only has the cover for the manual! And all the stuff I bought that came with a box reaks of cigarette smoke. It'll take forever to get that smell out. (Hello dryer sheets and plastic bags.) Still, all in all, for $118 bucks total, it wasn't bad.

Foxhack (32102) on 9/22/2010 8:03 PM · Permalink · Report

Today's finds:

Duke Nukem 3D (with Duke Nukem 1 + 2!) - $1
Outlaws complete in box - $2
Shadow Warrior complete in box - $2
"Nuke It 1000" CD with tons of ripped off Duke Nukem levels - $1

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 10/9/2010 4:49 PM · Permalink · Report

My last day at the flea market this year. I got Decent Maximum for four bucks, Zelda-Majora's Mask for twenty, another copy of Jetforce Gemini for eight, Donkey Kong Land 2 for six I think (No sticker.), Pokemon Yellow for twelve, and Pokemon Blue for ten. I don't understand why all Pokemon Blue cartridges are so faded at the top. Could it be from kid's dirty hands handling it too much?

MZ per X (3017) on 10/9/2010 8:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Last weekend, I enjoyed two hours of flea market frenzy again. Big fun, I discovered an Atari 800 standing next to an KC 85-4, but didn't buy them. I'm not that hardware geek. Then I saw 2 old wooden tennis rackets by Dunlop in perfect condition and complete in their box, but didn't have enough money with me. I'm a tennis player, you know.

There were many games lying around, too, but I only bought two:

German Oni - complete in box for 1 Euro and
this obscure, yet very interesting German educational game for 2 Euros

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/23/2010 2:11 AM · Permalink · Report

I meant to say something about a month ago, but yay! This thread is over three years old now! I'm going to GameStop this weekend to see if I can find one more bargain to end this thread right. 8)

Parf (7873) on 11/23/2010 8:48 AM · Permalink · Report

With black friday around the corner, how could you not? :)

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 11/23/2010 10:03 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]I meant to say something about a month ago, but yay! This thread is over three years old now! I'm going to GameStop this weekend to see if I can find one more bargain to end this thread right. 8) [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] Actually, I believe Gamestop is doing one of their B2G1 deals on Friday, if you're feeling brave. It's always pretty easy to clean up during those. :)

Parf (7873) on 11/23/2010 3:20 PM · Permalink · Report

Every time I go to the US I get suckered in with things like that. I thought Gamestop always had that? Or is it normally "buy 3 get 1"?

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 11/24/2010 4:33 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Parf wrote--]Every time I go to the US I get suckered in with things like that. I thought Gamestop always had that? Or is it normally "buy 3 get 1"? [/Q --end Parf wrote--] If they've had it every time you come to the US, then you've just got lucky timing. They do it for maybe three or four days at a time, maybe four times a year or so. It's gotten to the point where I generally just wait until one of them happens to pick up any games I've been looking at.

Though then it becomes a battle between "what will get me the best savings" and "what do I actually want to play". They're very consistent about having exactly two games I want in any given price bracket. :P

Parf (7873) on 11/24/2010 5:46 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start 雷堂承太朗 -djsw- wrote--]Though then it becomes a battle between "what will get me the best savings" and "what do I actually want to play". They're very consistent about having exactly two games I want in any given price bracket. :P[/Q --end 雷堂承太朗 -djsw- wrote--]

Believe me, for the prices of used games over there, I'm ready to sacrifice a little quality sometimes. ;)

Price comparison Europe vs USA: New game for 360 in the US - $60 New game for 360 in Europe: roughly $100

:\

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 11/24/2010 7:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Hooray for the weak dollar, huh? :P

Parf (7873) on 11/24/2010 9:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh yeah! I'm going there for xmas / new years to visit family, so hopefully I'll find a few nice games for cheap. :)

btw... The Xbox Live Arcade black friday deals are pretty sweet! In Europe they called them "holiday deals" or something lame, but we still got all of them. :)

Patrick Bregger (298879) on 11/24/2010 10:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Steam has another one of those crazy deal weeks which manage to squeeze money out of me for games which I don't have time to play. Today Prototype and Borderlands.

Also every day 30 people get the first five games on their wishlist for free. This includes pre-order games and you need to have at least 10 games on your list.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (93195) on 11/27/2010 10:20 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, I had decided I wasn't going to buy any more games for the rest of the year. Too much on my plate with school, too much to play, not enough time. Broke that rule just a tiny bit now though: Not sure what countries this is available in, but at least here in the US right now on XBLA, they're doing a Black Friday sale.

'Splosion Man and TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled are both only 160MSP right now. That's TWO BUCKS. Today only! That's a Steam-caliber sale right there.

I picked up Splosion Man. Haven't actually played it yet, but it's sitting on my hard drive.

Now I have a lonely 80 points waiting for a cheapo XNA game to strike my fancy... :)

Parf (7873) on 11/27/2010 10:39 PM · Permalink · Report

I went a little nuts and got Splosion Man, TMNT: TIT Re-Shelled, Greed Corp, Puzzle Quest 2 (which oddly enough isn't on file yet) as well as Monkey Island 2 Special Edition. I'm set for a while now. :D

Sciere (927131) on 11/27/2010 11:01 PM · Permalink · Report

I got TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled as well and it is really, really bad. So I went out and got Kinect instead =)

Parf (7873) on 11/28/2010 9:01 PM · Permalink · Report

I actually didn't like the demo of TMNT much, but for 160 I simply couldn't help myself. Yes... I am that stupid. :(

Kinect... how come? It's incredibly pricy in my opinion and so far it's not really grabbing me with any games that seem even remotely interesting.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/28/2010 11:39 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I got a pretty good deal at GameStop today. I got Metroid Zero for ten, Activision Anthology (GBA) for three, Gitaroo Man for twelve, and Tales of Phantasia for free! But my PS2 is still broken, so I won't be able to try it out for a while. GameStop is definitely phasing out the GBA. All the games were in a bin behind the counter. Sigh. Oh well.

Lets end this thread right!

Tell them Lammy!

One last groove!

Before it's game over.

And so officially ends the longest running thread in Moby history.

Edit-Or until one of the admins closes it. Whichever.

Patrick Bregger (298879) on 12/20/2010 10:21 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Steam started its annual Holiday Sales today with up to 90% discount on single games. Additionally there are publisher's complete packages and daily offers with even better prices.

Today for example all Prince of Persia games on steam (save for the latest with 13€) cost no more than 4€, the two Deus Ex games for 2,7€ (seriously, what are you waiting for? Or do I have to visit you at home to tell you all about this game?) or the Oddworld games (including two which weren't even released on PC before) for 12,5€

Personally I already spent 12€ for two games (and one DLC) which I really want to play - but when? I already own 75 games I haven't touched. Pitiful.

Parf (7873) on 12/22/2010 1:28 AM · Permalink · Report

Not sure if this counts as a bargain bin post but... any game I've bought in the US so far (4 of them) has been a bargain compaired to the prices I pay for games home in Sweden... ;)