Forums > Game Talk > How long to beat?

chirinea (47496) on 4/4/2011 3:19 AM · Permalink · Report

Guys, I just stumbled upon this website. It's just started, so you can also contribute. It can help you decide which game to play next.

Indra was here (20756) on 4/4/2011 7:16 AM · Permalink · Report

Hmm. Part of the problem. Western gamers tend to beat the game and don't care much about completing the game. Eastern gamers tend to complete the game and don't care much about beating the game.

Rola (8483) on 4/4/2011 11:01 AM · Permalink · Report

All those "speedruns" remind me of Al Bundy, who can last in bed for whole two seconds.

Indra was here (20756) on 4/4/2011 5:34 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rola wrote--]All those "speedruns" remind me of Al Bundy, who can last in bed for whole two seconds. [/Q --end Rola wrote--]Still remember some bloke who gloated here about finishing Oblivion in 7 hours. Like you said, gaming premature ejaculation isn't something to be proud of.

Maw (832) on 4/6/2011 3:13 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--] [Q2 --start Rola wrote--]All those "speedruns" remind me of Al Bundy, who can last in bed for whole two seconds. [/Q2 --end Rola wrote--]Still remember some bloke who gloated here about finishing Oblivion in 7 hours. Like you said, gaming premature ejaculation isn't something to be proud of. [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--]

It takes 7 hours to beat Oblivion even when you're really fast? Woah.

These 100 hour RPGs really aren't my thing.

Indra was here (20756) on 4/6/2011 6:33 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Maw wrote--]It takes 7 hours to beat Oblivion even when you're really fast? Woah.

These 100 hour RPGs really aren't my thing. [/Q --end Maw wrote--] Just ignore the sub-quests. Main plot tends to be pretty lame...though not that noticeable if you finish all the quests/other stuff. Wham, bam, thank you RPG, isn't my idea of gameplay.

Patrick Bregger (299646) on 4/6/2011 3:13 PM · Permalink · Report

I am not even close to being a completionist but I can't finish a RPG with good heart without having my quest log cleared (except retarded collection quests like those plants in Oblivion or the coins in New Vegas).

Indra was here (20756) on 4/6/2011 5:52 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Patrick Bregger wrote--]I am not even close to being a completionist but I can't finish a RPG with good heart without having my quest log cleared (except retarded collection quests like those plants in Oblivion or the coins in New Vegas). [/Q --end Patrick Bregger wrote--] I hear ya, but at least you still have a choice in that matter. I personally loathe developers that aren't RPG-OCD aware enough to know that canceling any quest without warning is a really, really stupid thing to do.

Shakes fist at Dragon Age: Origins and two-thirds of story driven western RPGs

Havoc Crow (29831) on 4/5/2011 4:31 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rola wrote--]All those "speedruns" remind me of Al Bundy, who can last in bed for whole two seconds. [/Q --end Rola wrote--] I used to have a problem with falling out of my bed, too.

chirinea (47496) on 4/4/2011 12:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, they address the problem by keeping time of how long it takes to complete the game too. =)

Slug Camargo (583) on 4/4/2011 1:19 PM · Permalink · Report

108 hours for Fallout 3? What kind of lazy-ass completionists are those? o_0

vedder (70767) on 4/4/2011 1:56 PM · Permalink · Report

It gives 688 for Morrowind, so it looks like fast travel can save players up to 500 hours in the long run ¬.¬

Indra was here (20756) on 4/4/2011 5:36 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vedder wrote--]It gives 688 for Morrowind, so it looks like fast travel can save players up to 500 hours in the long run ¬.¬ [/Q --end vedder wrote--]Yikes. Not using the fast travel option is too hardcore and healthy for my taste. :p

Havoc Crow (29831) on 4/5/2011 4:33 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]Guys, I just stumbled upon this website. It's just started, so you can also contribute. It can help you decide which game to play next. [/Q --end chirinea wrote--] I had an idea for such a website years ago.

If there's one thing I know about life, is that the best way to fulfill your dreams is to sit back and wait for someone less lazy to get the same idea as you.

leilei (343) on 4/5/2011 12:53 PM · Permalink · Report

if they have H games counted, what kind of 'long to beat' would they judge?!

Parf (7873) on 4/5/2011 8:43 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start leileilol wrote--]if they have H games counted, what kind of 'long to beat' would they judge?! [/Q --end leileilol wrote--]

lol! Ask Indra. ;)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/6/2011 3:04 AM · Permalink · Report

Looks like I'll be clocking FFVIII in at about 50 hours once I finish disk four. (I've put in a litte over ten hours on three disks so far.) Another site to be addicted to. Thanks chirinea! 8D

Indra was here (20756) on 4/6/2011 8:46 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Looks like I'll be clocking FFVIII in at about 50 hours once I finish disk four. [/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] That's a bit fast.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 4/6/2011 12:14 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I've mainly been playing it for the story. (Though I have taken on some sidequests.) So much so, that I neglected doing any grinding until recently. Squall is the only one over level twenty eight. But all my GFs are up pretty high. Shiva is almost level 80! The others are all in the 40s and 50s.