Forums > Off Topic > Hold off on submissions?

Marker (557) on 6/8/2012 4:55 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Should hold off with further submissions? I've hit the site with a number of submissions of requests for credit for my illustrations, as well as improved versions of box art, and miscellaneous types of media, maps, instruction manuals for games I have like Operation Crusader, and I think I may be creating an overload.

A number of these go back to early April. Many have been granted, however quite a few are still pending. I've addressed issues as they have come up requesting clarification, and it's been great fun participating, but it's hard to know whether I'm creating a backlog problem.

Can someone give me a perspective on this? Thanks! I'm happy to back off if it's an issue.

vedder (70767) on 6/8/2012 7:03 AM · Permalink · Report

We always have a backlog problem, but that shouldn't stop you from submitting. Anything you submit will eventually be looked at. Depending on who has access to the queue you submit it to (different approvers have access to different types of submissions and platforms, based on their expertises) items will be approved sooner or later, depending on how active the approvers who have access to your contributions are.

It does require a health dose of patients, but in due time all will be processed. There are quite a few submitters that bulk submit information. I doubt your submissions will make more than a small dent in the grand scheme of things.

Marker (557) on 6/8/2012 4:12 PM · Permalink · Report

Beauty, thanks. I just wanted to make certain it wasn't an issue. I still have quite a few to contribute, and as I continue to go through my logs I keep finding more. Last night I stumbled across SSI's Red Lightning, which I did in April '89. I know it's all retro, and probably of limited interest to many of your visitors, but it feels good to participate.

It's a great site.

And thanks for all you do.

Rola (8483) on 6/8/2012 9:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Ouch, that would mean most of my submissions are also not so interesting, as they're 1980s wargames, just like Red Lightning...

;o)

Don't worry, my rare C128 submissions are also over 2 months old (approvers: hint, hint!).

Marker (557) on 6/9/2012 9:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

My bad Rola, just me being fake self effacing, ...and Olde.

Thanks for the new cover credits on P.O.W., Guerrilla War, and Strider. I still have a lot of the games I did sealed and pristine, but your contributors have already done a great job of providing good quality imagery for most of your catalogue.

Slug Camargo (583) on 6/9/2012 4:33 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, speaking of that: How does the whole approval thing work with News submissions? Because today I got a rejection about a piece I sent back in April --it was about Chris Avellone joining the Wasteland 2 project, so of course by now it's completely irrelevant, the Kickstarter being long since over and all; but my question is: Why isn't that an open forum just like all the others? Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit of a nonsense to have a queue line that can delay posts by two months on a forum called "News"?

Kabushi (261192) on 6/9/2012 8:18 AM · Permalink · Report

A lot of spam submissions is probably the simple reason.

Daniel Saner (3503) on 6/9/2012 5:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Making it a forum that just certain, manually approved members can create new threads in would be a good solution for that.