🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Find a game > [PC][1990s] Old sci-fi point'n'click game

Joao Albertoni on 10/8/2016 6:13 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Platform: PC, almost sure it's Windows but might be DOS

Genre: Point and click

Estimated year of release: 1990s, it was in 256 colors

Graphics/art style: Sci-fi, wastelandish, willing to say it wasn't CGI but not too sure

I'm pretty sure I played only the demo.

I remember clearly the following things:

• A puzzle (which I've never solved, so it might not be a puzzle) involving a corpse-like thing hanging in a vaguely gallows-like structure. You would pull strings, and a distorted voice would play.

• You went into the basement of... Some building, I don't remember the top floor. It was dark and you could hear what I'm not sure was distorted breathing or ventilation fans.

• You could not see your own character.

Here's what I very vaguely remember:

• I think you played as a Predator-like thing

• I think there was a screen where you could see details of your body implants / armor

Guesses from reddit that aren't this game:

• BioForge

• I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

• The Journeyman Project

• BloodNet

• Sanitarium

• Dark Earth

• Dark Seed

Also! If anyone could tell how to narrow my search through the MobyGames database, this would be much much appreciated, because I'm definitely looking at a decade of games to search through!

Terok Nor (42009) on 10/9/2016 9:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Unfortunately, the game browser is a bit broken at the moment because of a reorganization of genres. It's not possible to filter for every genre listed at a game.

Going by your description (adventure game, not seing your character i.e. first-person), try either this or this, then filter further by either the DOS or Windows platforms and/or the year. Still a whole lot of games to go through...

Let us know if you find out what this is, it sounds very interesting.

Rola (8483) on 10/9/2016 11:04 AM · Permalink · Report

...also this or this list.

Joao Albertoni on 10/9/2016 10:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks a lot, you both! I'll go with Rola's solution and try the other if I don't find it.

I tried going through the Win 3.x games last night. Shame most obscure games don't have screenshots, I ended up spending more time googling for info on games than on the database. Still, ran into The Palace of Deceit, never thought I'd find that game either, so it was worth it.