Forums > Find a game > Back to the 80s ..maybe 90s

racindriver1 on 11/25/2020 1:59 PM · Permalink · Report

Ok ,so I been gaming since my first spectrum 81 but the game that I for the life of me slips my mind so here is what I remember.

.it was 80s or early 90s but I'm leaning more to 80s .possibly Atari ST or Amiga .First person , kinda sneak around in a large futuristic office block that was patrolled by robot guards and cameras ,not many run and gun type .All very black and blue looking inside buildings

.Now this is where someone may be able to help more ..you could at the time send a passport photo and a floppy disk off to the company who made it and they would turn it into a character that looks like you .

Tbf I hated the game ,couldn't even get past first few levels but my god it bothers me to what it was

Rwolf (22823) on 11/25/2020 4:47 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I don't know, but did it use side view, or was it top down; maybe more futuristic than this police game:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/hostage-rescue-mission

nvm, missed the 1st person line.

Victor Vance (18099) on 11/25/2020 6:19 PM · Permalink · Report

In his description he mentions first person. That would match with the later part of Hostages although the enemys are not robots but human terrorists. This can be of course a false memory since it seems it´s been quite a long time since he last played the game he is looking for.

Tim Janssen (97731) on 3/21/2021 9:15 PM · Permalink · Report

Hmm, the description reminds me of D/Generation, an isometric arcade adventure taking place in blue-coloured offices in a skyscraper.

Tim Janssen (97731) on 3/21/2021 9:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Reading the third part of the first message in this thread, it could also be Core Design's Corporation. This is a futuristic first perspective adventure. You could send in a picture of yourself that would then be displayed in the game.

MAT (240793) on 5/3/2021 1:55 PM · Permalink · Report

How about Alcatraz from 1992?

Not everything matches your description but these things do... there's is focus on sneaking, and while game is side-scroller outside, when inside the buildings it turns into 1st-person. You can see the screenshot on file, it uses blue and black colors only for interior. Also, this game exists for both Atari ST and Amiga.

The things that don't match is that I don't think it has futuristic setting and it isn't only 1st-person perspective.