Forums > Bugs > Multiple identical PMs in inbox

MAT (240759) on 2/7/2014 12:54 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hi, I just got identical PM message over the interval of 20 minutes from the same user who said he only sent it once.

Messages in question have today's date with times: 2:43 AM, 2:49 AM, 2:56 AM, and 3:02 AM (I am on Asia/Tokyo time zone in my prefs). Seems the interval between is almost identical, around 6min.

Did something happen or was Reed testing something which caused this? I dunno if something like this happened to anyone else around the same time, though. Or in general in the past. Just thought to mention it here.

formercontrib (157526) on 2/7/2014 7:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Not now and never before i had something like that.

Simon Carless (1835) on 2/7/2014 3:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Also didn't see this. Maybe there was a period of high load caused by someone scraping the site that caused something odd to happen? (My guess.)

Rik Hideto (473497) on 2/7/2014 4:05 PM · Permalink · Report

MAT, check your "Currently Have System List":

http://www.mobygames.com/user/sheet/userSheetId,705/v,sl/

I'm seeing "multiple identical" platforms. You own three Sony PlayStation 2? :)

MAT (240759) on 2/8/2014 1:06 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yes, just bought third one y-day. I have one old PAL, one slim Japanese, and one slim US I just bought. In the past I had comments to differentiate them as well as multiple games in my collections, but I don't feel like adding comments anymore :)

I also have two PS3, one old PAL and one slim NTSC-J. And two Xbox 360, one old PAL, and one slim NTSC-J. And yes, two PSP, one old PAL model 1000 and one new NTSC-J model 3000 which can output to TV.

Yeah, instead of going to PS4, I got another PS2 so I can catch up on various US PS2 games I couldn't otherwise. And it works well in Japan since it uses same 110V power and power outlet ;)