🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Bugs > Credits dialogue hates apostrophes

Игги Друге (46653) on 8/16/2006 1:15 PM · Permalink · Report

I've been shutting up about this for a long time, but when it turned out that Chirinea had this bug as well, he told me to write about it.

In the credits submission screen, when you enter a name with an apostrophe, such as O'Donnell or d'Artagnan, the javascript goes into a spin when looking up the name in the database. Clicking the "update" or "next" buttons will cause the names to be fetched, but then it forgets anything added in parentheses after that name, which means that Pete O'Donnell can never play Modesty Blaise.

Riamus (8480) on 8/16/2006 2:45 PM · Permalink · Report

Out of curiosity, have you tried to enter the name without an apostrophe (for names already in the system)? That may be a possible workaround.

That, or try entering credits with the Javascript option turned off and see if it still does that.

Either may work as a workaround until it's fixed.

chirinea (47495) on 8/18/2006 9:11 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Riamus wrote--]Out of curiosity, have you tried to enter the name without an apostrophe (for names already in the system)? That may be a possible workaround. [/Q --end Riamus wrote--]

I did, but didn't work.

[Q --start Riamus wrote--]That, or try entering credits with the Javascript option turned off and see if it still does that. [/Q --end Riamus wrote--]

Didn't try this one, though.

monkeyislandgirl (8627) on 8/18/2006 9:32 AM · Permalink · Report

For me it does that also for any accents and symbols i put in

I think it mite be b/c i'm using FireFox tho

Riamus (8480) on 8/18/2006 4:23 PM · Permalink · Report

That could be... I've never had an issue with not being able to use accents. I can't remember about apostrophes, though.

Игги Друге (46653) on 8/18/2006 10:06 PM · Permalink · Report

I think diacritics used to hang the script, but no longer. I don't know if it was fixed in a browser upgrade or a server upgrade. Apostrophes still don't work. Perhaps I should escape them like in C strings?