🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > News > PlayStation games to go platform free.

Starbuck the Third (22606) on 1/9/2014 5:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Unveiled at CES 2014 and called PlayStation Now, it will allow gamers to play PlayStation games on other PlayStation models, tablets, phones and even TVs with Sony's upcoming 'smart TVs' being the first to offer the service.

It works by streaming games from its library directly to a device from Sony's online servers. Games being demoed at CES include Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us, but there's no word on how much of the PlayStation back catalog will be offered at launch.

Sony is due to start restricted tests later this month, with launch aimed at this coming summer.

SGruber (3812) on 1/10/2014 11:00 AM · Permalink · Report

Sounds like a tech info we should add for games accessible. Oh what joy will it be to go through all the games and add it.

Rola (8483) on 1/10/2014 11:28 AM · Permalink · Report

Streamed games again? More of "all your games are belong to us"? No thanks.

Cavalary (11445) on 1/10/2014 1:46 PM · Permalink · Report

The worst part is not that they keep trying, but that people keep falling for it. But nobody ever "accused" most people of being smart.

is_that_rain_or_tears (634) on 1/11/2014 3:28 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Sony streaming games and making PlayStation a closs-platform brand: they spoke this out some months ago if I remember.. I don't expect any game but the mainstream ones to be... streamed. No Unlimited: Saga; no Mushihimesama; no interest of mine. Bringing their games to many other platforms is great to consumers, although, and a great move on Sony's side I think.