Forums > News > Highlight: more rare CD-ROM promo art added!

Simon Carless (1835) on 9/2/2016 5:07 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

We've previously mentioned that - since we set up the promo art section on MobyGames - user Virgil has been contributing a bunch of rare promo art from CD-ROMs.

Before the Internet got swift enough to distribute hi-res assets, video game press were given asset CD-ROMs, and we now have a second MobyGames user, Krvavi Abadas, also uploading rare screens/hi-res artwork. (Yay!)

So if you want everything from super hi-res Twisted Metal Black promo art (click through for the original image!) to Wipeout Fusion concept art and even hi-res team art, much of this art is appearing for the first time in unwatermarked, original versions on the Internet. And we'd like your help to contribute more!

[BONUS: we've actually started a collection on the Internet Archive to preserve the original CD-ROMs. If you have any press CD-ROMs with original assets, we'd love you to upload the .ISOs to the Internet Archive (it's easy!), and then PM me or email me at sc at simoncarless dot com, so I can get them moved into this collection for safekeeping & for MobyGames users to add them to our collections. If you have a large collection and can't upload, then ping me and we might be able to sort something out!]

Simon Carless (1835) on 9/5/2016 3:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Just to note - we now have a checklist for CD-ROM images on our main forums.

Adrinalina Adrinalina on 10/11/2016 7:50 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

spam