Patrick Bregger (237760) on Dec 31, 2018
In previous years, I struggled to come up with ten games; this year I have problems to choose from all the fantastic games I played.
1) Finding Paradise - It made me cry. The gameplay is not too great, but I just love the narrative and the writing.
2) Spider-Man - The best open-world game I played in a long time. Great movement, good story, not too long, not too big.
3) Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - I love this series, even if I enjoyed it less than the predecessor.
4) Braid - The direct opposite to Finding Paradise. I did not care about the story, but this is one of the best designed game I have ever seen. Every gameplay mechanic, every enemy position, every puzzle is perfectly polished.
5) Legends of Heroes: Trails in the Sky + SC - I treat this as one game because it essentially is. It would have ranked higher on the list if there were not that so obvious problems with it.
6) Shadow Tactics - Another very well designed game which satisfied an itch I did forget I even had.
7) Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal - Every game which makes me play >10 hours on one day deserves to be on this list.
8) Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes - This point & click adventure has a fantastic humor (at least in German), great puzzles and does not annoy with too many hotspots.
9) Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - I love this series to death.
10) Uncharted 2 - A very big improvement compared to its predecessor. I did not care about the shooting, but I liked the story, the characters and the setpieces.
And of course I can't forget the worst game of the year, the worst game of all years: Thi4f.