Forums > News > Help needed: featured games

Plok (212316) on 9/22/2019 9:34 AM · Permalink · Report

Our featured games section of the site has showcased numerous games over the past two decades, and reasons why they are interesting. However, the list of games which are about to enter that section is getting depleted.

We would therefore like to ask you to submit featured games. Just pick a few games which you have found interesting for some reason or another, and make a short write-up about what makes them unique. Have a look at recent features to better see what we are looking for in these short texts.

Katakis | カタキス (43091) on 10/17/2019 10:50 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Looks like someone is fed up writing featured articles all by herself ... lol

I'll give it a a go then.

There was once a thing on MG called "featured articles", and I have written a couple already. My last one was going to celebrate Moby's 10th anniversary, but that fell through.

I have no idea why this feature was not carried over when MG got a revamp.

Plok (212316) on 10/17/2019 4:05 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Katakis | カタキス wrote--]Looks like someone is fed up writing featured articles all by herself ... lol[/Q --end Katakis | カタキス wrote--] I thought people were already sick of my featured games being there all the time.

Also, I'm a guy :P My avatar is just a result of me being quite into Ion Fury.

[Q --start Katakis | カタキス wrote--]There was once a thing on MG called "featured articles", and I have written a couple already. My last one was going to celebrate Moby's 10th anniversary, but that fell through.

I have no idea why this feature was not carried over when MG got a revamp. [/Q --end Katakis | カタキス wrote--] True. I'd like to revitalize that in some form or another, I think each of us has quite a bit to say on the games we cover.

MAT (240793) on 10/25/2019 3:36 AM · Permalink · Report

I thought Oleg was writing most of featured articles back in the days, lol.

I see we have 29 featured articles, they were regularly added until the end of 2006 (2005 had only one), and then there are three more, in 2008, 2009, and last one in 2011. I think noone was writing any new ones which could be the reason why displaying of them was removed since it probably felt like this site didn't get enough new content if it kept featuring same last article for more than 3 years.