🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > News > First trailer for Fallout 3!

Zovni (10504) on 6/7/2007 6:23 PM · Permalink · Report

All engine-based and shows pretty much nothing except a lot of wrecks and Pipboy, but still....Yay!

LepricahnsGold (142745) on 6/7/2007 7:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Yea, I heard of that. I read (in a couple of places) that that recording of Ron Perlman saying "War. War never changes..." is newly recorded for that preview. Looks like he will narrate Fallout 3.
Welcome to The Vault. We hope you enjoy your stay. It going to last a loooonnnggg time. :-)

Sciere (930488) on 6/7/2007 7:31 PM · Permalink · Report

The protagonist will be fully voiced for the entire game by Liam Neeson.

LepricahnsGold (142745) on 6/7/2007 7:34 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sciere wrote--]The protagonist will be fully voiced for the entire game by Liam Neeson. [/Q --end Sciere wrote--] Actually, I heard the protagonist's father will be voiced by Liam Neeson.

Sciere (930488) on 6/7/2007 7:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Ah, you're right.

LepricahnsGold (142745) on 6/7/2007 7:33 PM · Permalink · Report

I have also read that the song "I Don't Want to Set the World On Fire" by the Ink Spots that you hear there, was what Interplay originally wanted for the opening of Fallout but they couldn't get the license so they went with "Maybe" by the same artists, instead.

LepricahnsGold (142745) on 6/7/2007 7:39 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Zovni wrote--]All engine-based and shows pretty much nothing except a lot of wrecks and Pipboy, but still....Yay! [/Q --end Zovni wrote--] That's not Pipboy. That's Vault Boy (a.k.a. Fallout Boy).

DJP Mom (11333) on 6/7/2007 9:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Drunken Irishman posted this yesterday!

The Fabulous King (1332) on 6/7/2007 9:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

It seems that only three people read my thread. If anyone now posts any other trailers I posted yesterday then I will be seriously mad.

EDIT: But thanks Mom for noticing.

As to the trailer, I´m glad to see that they stick to that 50-s feeling. But still, even if the game is the most horrible game ever made itll still get thousands of 100 out of 100 reviews by professional gaming sites. And itll be probably hailed as a "return to the classics" and "the messiah of RPG`s" anyway. I can already imagine those stupid and uninformative reviews by IGN and Gamespot. Bethesda is a powerful name.

Maw (832) on 6/8/2007 8:02 AM · Permalink · Report

Sorry, dude.

Hopefully this will help Bethesda get Oblivion out of their system. Does the trailer really use in-game graphics?

Kabushi (261204) on 6/8/2007 8:42 AM · Permalink · Report

No, but it uses in-engine graphics.

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 6/10/2007 4:43 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm calling bullshot here. Way too good to be true.

Zolansilverspear (449) on 7/26/2007 9:20 AM · Permalink · Report

To be honest I expect nothing but failiure from Bethesda. A huge, graphically polished game with no rolepaying or strategy elements. Elder Scrolls in Fallout Universe is still elder scrolls not fallout.

Anyway did anyone hear something about how they are going to integrate the SPECIAL system? As most will remember they are in favor of useage based character systems (not the classical level/experience based) and I have to remind everyone the failiure of Lionheart.

Well... I wish I could be more optimistic...

St. Martyne (3648) on 7/26/2007 9:41 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Zolansilverspear wrote--] Well... I wish I could be more optimistic... [/Q --end Zolansilverspear wrote--]

Well then, be! As for SPECIAL Bethesda promised to recreate the all the stats system as close to the original as possible. So experience and skill points allocating will return in their original form.

However I am not sure what to make of their turn-based-bullet-time fighting system yet. It's supposed to represent original's targeting system. But how exactly will they do it is unclear.

Zolansilverspear (449) on 7/26/2007 11:04 AM · Permalink · Report

Well Bethesda will not put out something that is not working. They could create an action based SPECIAL mutant of a combat system, but it will be working. That much is certain.

On the point of them doing something "AS CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL" I am not as hopeful as you are. From the start they were telling that they are going to remian true the essence of what makes Fallout a great game (quite general, many things from character interaction to turn based combat, from isomethric graphics to freedom of choice can be named) but also they will do what they do best(elder scrolls).

Well the actual point will not change. Bethesda is a good and solid company, but what makes them solid (Elder Scrolls Series) makes them questionable for a Fallout sequel. Don't get me wrong I like the elder scroll series, have been a fan of them since daggerfall. They are just as different from each other as an apple and a pear.

I sound like an old man who lost his youth, can't have it back, but still complains no matter what he has is good or bad. Well at least I am not alone in my fears...