🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > News > Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition

coenak (3627) on 2/3/2008 10:53 AM · Permalink · Report

March 11, 2008 is the expected release date in the US for the Guinness Book of World Records: Gamer's Edition. UK residents will be able to acquire the title even sooner on February 8, 2008. This book will include all kinds of records set by gaming industry and gamers themselves.

One can suspect an extremely large amount of trivia items to be able to contribute to Moby. That combined with great toilet reading material, it is a must have for the record/gaming enthusiast.

Original Article
Official Site
Book Preview

Steely Gaze (208) on 2/3/2008 2:20 PM · Permalink · Report

Ooh, I've got to see where I can get a copy. I love the Guinness Book anyways, and a gamers edition just sounds too perfect. The trivia contained in the preview looks to be a lot of fun as well, although some of it seems kind of unnecessary.

Depeche Mike (17455) on 2/3/2008 3:50 PM · Permalink · Report

When I was little I used to love reading about Guinness records especially about tallest human and etc. It lost its charm as I got older when there was things like longest gargling or other stupid nonsense.

DJP Mom (11333) on 2/3/2008 4:30 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Depeche Mike Isguder wrote--]When I was little I used to love reading about Guinness records especially about tallest human and etc. It lost its charm as I got older when there was things like longest gargling or other stupid nonsense. [/Q --end Depeche Mike Isguder wrote--] I completely agree. It's also become the print version of a carnival freak show as far as I'm concerned, or maybe it always was! How does this translate to games? How many "highest scores" can a person read about?

Slug Camargo (583) on 2/3/2008 10:15 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--] [Q2 --start Depeche Mike Isguder wrote--]When I was little I used to love reading about Guinness records especially about tallest human and etc. It lost its charm as I got older when there was things like longest gargling or other stupid nonsense. [/Q2 --end Depeche Mike Isguder wrote--] I completely agree. It's also become the print version of a carnival freak show as far as I'm concerned, or maybe it always was! How does this translate to games? How many "highest scores" can a person read about? [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--] Better try "how many unbelievably stupid things could a person do in the name of a game"? You'd be surprised by the caliber of idiots we share a hobby with.

Kartanym (12418) on 2/8/2008 11:17 PM · Permalink · Report

It wouldn't just be about records by players, though. I mean, there's sales records, most games developed by a company, that sort of thing. I'd be interested in reading it for sure. But is it coming out in Australia?

coenak (3627) on 2/8/2008 11:32 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kartanym wrote--]It wouldn't just be about records by players, though. I mean, there's sales records, most games developed by a company, that sort of thing. I'd be interested in reading it for sure. But is it coming out in Australia? [/Q --end Kartanym wrote--]

I agree, I think it will be pretty interesting. If you look at the book preview in the 1st post, you can see about the first 20 pages of the book.

It comes out in Australia March 11.

International Release Dates

xroox (3895) on 2/16/2008 6:03 AM · Permalink · Report

It also reminds me that if you haven't seen this film then you are really missing out!

DJP Mom (11333) on 2/16/2008 1:16 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sam Jeffreys wrote--]It also reminds me that if you haven't seen this film then you are really missing out! [/Q --end Sam Jeffreys wrote--] I've had it home from the library twice now and haven't had time to watch it, maybe I'll try again today :) You might also be interested in Jason Scott's take on it - this is the first of three blog entries about it, the last one being incredibly long; the man is determined to do right by the people involved!

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 2/16/2008 2:52 PM · Permalink · Report

he who lives by the video game documentary dies by the video game documentary 8)