🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > TV review to MobyGames?

beetle120 (2415) on 5/22/2009 1:30 AM · Permalink · Report

There is TV show on Australian TV called 'Good Game' and they do reviews on a few games each week. I would like to add these reviews to MobyGames but I have 2 questions:

1. Are reviews from TV shows allowed? They have a full transcript on there website with the video of the review so it is not hard to get the summary.

2. There are two reviewers that do the review at the same time but they give a different score at the end (the biggest gap I can remember is a 7/10 and a 4/10 for the same game). Occasionally only one of the reviewers give a score What should I do here? I am thinking that I should give the average of the two scores as I don't want to add 2 different reviews from the same source for the same game to the database.

Xoleras (66141) on 5/22/2009 3:34 AM · Permalink · Report

1) our FAQ says "MobyRank is the combination of reviews and rankings from professional critics and reviewers from a number of online, television and print media outlets." (though it would probably the first to actually use that type of source ;))

2) Usually it goes the following way: if one review has two conclusions and therefore two final scores (e.g. one from each reviewer), two separate rankings are added; averages are done if there are no "real" final scores (e.g. 7/10 for singleplayer, 4/10 for multiplayer; ending up as 5.5/10 here)

beetle120 (2415) on 5/22/2009 4:34 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the info. I'll add 'Good Game' as a new source soon.

beetle120 (2415) on 5/22/2009 5:34 AM · Permalink · Report

Trying to add the source but even though I have submitted it, it still says that it is work in process. I have tried several times. Whats going on?

Sciere (930490) on 5/22/2009 7:37 AM · Permalink · Report

fixed