Forums > MobyGames > Corrections

Indra was here (20756) on 10/25/2010 3:38 PM · Permalink · Report

So, I just noticed that when you go to a game --> contribute --> corrections, there's a line indicating corrections pending for that game.

Hmm.

MG would look more like a community-based project if such information be viewed in the main rap-sheet. Since we've already had a lot of instances where people wanted to contribute stuff but could not since someone else was working on it:

[On main game rapsheet]

Work-in-Progress
- 1 credits by MobyGamer
- 3 trivia by MobyGamer
- 1 description revision by GamerMoby

Or something like that.

Cantillon (76711) on 10/25/2010 4:11 PM · Permalink · Report

I think it's better the way is is now, since this information only concerns people who actually want to contribute something.

vedder (70767) on 10/25/2010 4:34 PM · Permalink · Report

A middle-ground solution could be to display the information suggested by Indra on the "Contribute" page for each game. With the more detailed info (as is now the case for corrections) still visible on the corresponding pages.

Corn Popper (69028) on 10/25/2010 4:55 PM · Permalink · Report

baby steps

Indra was here (20756) on 10/26/2010 12:18 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Cantillon wrote--]...since this information only concerns people who actually want to contribute something. [/Q --end Cantillon wrote--]Not entirely sure why it's a bad thing though, since this is technically a games database project.

Oh, wait. It isn't. It's the #1 Video Games Database rolls eyes to the point of total whiteness.

Would be one-less-click-away as suggested by vedder. I do hate too much clicking. Reminds me of Diablo. :p

piltdown_man (234607) on 10/26/2010 4:06 PM · Permalink · Report

I would find more information about pending items very useful.

At present when trying to enter, say, a new release date or rating information I'm get the standard message saying that a new post cannot be made because an item is awaiting approval.

I've currently got around fifty assorted items, product codes, release dates, etc that I cannot enter because someone else is working on them, and I maintain a list of these potential additions so that I can revisit the game later.

I'd find it useful if the system said what was waiting to be approved so that I only needed to monitor the items that are not already in the system. I saw something similar under 'add rankings' yesterday which showed which game rankings were pending.

Indra was here (20756) on 10/26/2010 4:12 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start piltdown man wrote--] I've currently got around fifty assorted items, product codes, release dates, etc that I cannot enter because someone else is working on them, and I maintain a list of these potential additions so that I can revisit the game later. [/Q --end piltdown man wrote--] I must be the only bloke who never seemed to have this problem.

It does seem however, based on several past posts, that this is becoming a problem for enthusiastic contributors.

formercontrib (157511) on 10/26/2010 4:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Never seen this too, except for Tech-Specs and Ratings. And covers will be displayed in the overview when trying to add additional ones, before they're approved.

Product codes and release info can be contributed ALWAYS and ALLTIMES, independent of pending submissions (which will be displayed for Product Codes, not for Ratings, Release infos, Tech Specs and others).

piltdown_man (234607) on 10/26/2010 6:50 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

My mistake - apologies. I only have rating info that I cannot submit because items are pending. The product codes cannot be submitted because the release info is pending.

Alaka (106014) on 10/26/2010 7:05 PM · Permalink · Report

I think ratings and tech specs will always be locked while a submission is pending for them. This is most likely because you could technically edit someone else's contribution with your contribution. But being able to see what's pending for them would definitely be a useful feature.