🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Keep Case or Slipcase?

vicrabb (7272) on 11/15/2010 1:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello, despite being busy, I'm still contributing cover arts. But it's hard to find the good term, so, I'm always checking what's accepted. But I must say that I'm becoming reluctant to keep to do that because from an approver to another, it's not the same.

The game is in a keep case but the keep case is itself in a slipcase. I've checked examples like Women Murder's Club and it was written slipcase. I've submitted one like that, it was accepted...

I submit another submission (i've deleted because I'm rarely editing something if it's not a game) and then I get the message: Keep case should be keep case.

Okay guys, here is something: is it possible perhaps to clarify that between yourselfs? I'm under the impression that you don't have guidelines. Because the more I get confused here, the more I'm relectant to contribute. I stopped to send DS covers because one says that and the other says another thing. I'm fearing when I'm contributing screenshots because for one, it's good, for the other, it's bad quality, bla bla bla.

Thanks you to light my lantern about what I should put. And if one of you tells me after that what you will explain is wrong, I'll kill him ^^.

Vic

Starbuck the Third (22606) on 11/15/2010 3:38 PM · Permalink · Report

I had a similar thing when adding some covers for the Halo Reach Collectors Edition, which has a box in a slipcase, and was told then that if it has a slipcase, that overrides all other case descriptions.

vedder (70822) on 11/15/2010 3:46 PM · Permalink · Report

As far as I know, the most outer layer is what counts.

So if it's a box inside a slipcase, inside a Dyson sphere inside a sleeve. Then the sleeve counts.

Except if it comes with a magazine. Then the rules get fuzzy. I believe Magazine should be ignored unless the game is type-in or directly inside the magazine without a different type of container (sleeve, keep case, etc.)

vicrabb (7272) on 11/15/2010 10:31 PM · Permalink · Report

So in other words, the approver who put on hold my submission was wrong. I thought also that it's the most outer layer that overrides everything. But it will not rassure me, if I had to defend my submission (which is right) against a approver (who is wrong), I can be aggressive when I'm confused in reality, which why I suggested to clarify it between approvers. Being approver myself elsewhere, I know it's not always easy though.

Well, I'm gonna resubmit my stuff then and I'll persist and sign on my position. I'll maybe redirect the approver (if it's still the same) here and I hope that I will not upset him because I'm not following his point of view.

Thanks for the clarification though.

Indra was here (20755) on 11/16/2010 5:54 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vicrabb wrote--]So in other words, the approver who put on hold my submission was wrong. [/Q --end vicrabb wrote--]Perhaps. People tend to screw up sooner or later. That big monitor does something weird to your eyes sometimes. I screw up constantly, to the point that I'm getting quite good at it too. :p

One of the best approaches to a problem I've noticed, is to mention it in the forum as an alternate dispute resolution. It usually has better results.

Well, except for meine game groups. sniff

vicrabb (7272) on 11/16/2010 7:58 AM · Permalink · Report

I can understand that people can be wrong, no worry ^^. But I don't want to provoke a fight between me and the approver, so, that's why I'm checking here and deleting my submission before I get "upset".

Indra was here (20755) on 11/16/2010 8:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Dang. There goes yet another opportunity to start a flame war. :p

vicrabb (7272) on 11/17/2010 12:06 PM · Permalink · Report

Wait a minute, you wanted a flame war? I'm shocked because flame wars are such hurtful.... Well it may be starting if it goes wrong with the approver (if it's the same - I hope he'll not reject without a word my stuff as I've resubmitted it from the start). But wait and see for that!

Indra was here (20755) on 11/17/2010 12:44 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Oh, don't take it too seriously. Flame wars are fun as long no one takes it "too" seriously, focusing more on the argument compared to the reaction of an emo-kid. Which usually happens when a bunch of grown-ups start acting like 12 year olds. :)

Haven't had a dignified flame war in ages. Not that I recall having any "dignified" flame wars...or if such an enlightening concept exists. :p

Corn Popper (69027) on 11/17/2010 3:17 PM · Permalink · Report

OK, I checked the submission and yes the package should be a Slipcase.

Wondering why you abandoned the submission and not just resubmit that one with comments.

In any case it should get approved as is.

vicrabb (7272) on 11/21/2010 9:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Because I can be aggressive when being sure of my right. And besides, Corn, you can't imagine how many items I've deleting here when asking for editing when it was an approver contradicting with another.

But if someone scolded the approver (I mean internally), that wasn't my goal here. I just wanted to be sure of what I've understood and to point to a possible misunderstanding from the approver.

Besides, no flame war, because the approver recognizes his error ^^. I'll maybe submit back DS cover or screenshots.... from games who aren't indies, with AGS engine and where it's recording as .bmp (with me doing a capture in png thanks to a cute software);

MZ per X (3017) on 11/21/2010 8:29 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vicrabb wrote--]Because I can be aggressive when being sure of my right. And besides, Corn, you can't imagine how many items I've deleting here when asking for editing when it was an approver contradicting with another. [/Q --end vicrabb wrote--] Just to get you right: You abandon an entire submission when an approver requests a change that you think is wrong? All the work lost for some small detail that arguably can easily be resolved by calm and factual communication?

Quite frankly, if it is so that would be quite strange behaviour - even for a woman. =)

(Of course, no offense meant, just wondering.)