Forums > MobyGames > Use of "series" game groups

Indra was here (20756) on 11/26/2010 1:29 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Something that's been bugging me. See The Guild Series. The Guild 2 games are also lumped in there, when (I suspect) it should be separate and be lumped in The Guild 2 series game group (not created yet).

It's not the only example, quite a few. I suspect that lumping everything here is the incorrect approach, right?

formercontrib (157526) on 11/26/2010 2:17 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Help me, why should this be made, where's the difference to - for example a group like

Empire Earth Series, which contains EE1 up to EE84 ?

The "main idea" for me for such groups is the aspect of having a group including all games of a whole series, not the splitting into a bunch of subdirectories, we're no MS Explorer for our HDD organisation, or ?

And this OVERALL GUILD group is described as "A series of medieval business simulations from developer originally developed by 4HEAD Studios. "

It's not limited to 4HEAD development only and also not to splt within it. When i like to see, and search for such kind of groups, i'm interested for example playing a game of "Part 2", which games of "Part 1" were created formerly, and what games were made afterwards as "Part 3 - 99"...

We can think about, is it useful to create THE SIMS-like such ADDITIONAL "SUBDIRECTORIES", okay. On the other hand, that's my personal opinion - i don't like this thingie very much, especially not then, if we have afterwards thousands instead of hundreds of groups (which are already more than enough for my use).

Sounds for me - you called yourself not long ago a Pedant - it's not only you ;) - my suggestion: Why do you guys not penetrate a little bit, could be very helpful from time to time! ;)

Wondering why you are not a German civil servant, ask Patrick - i'm sure he can and is willing to offer you a nice job, our country loves "Computer Hindus" - should be no greater problem to get a job as "Civil servant Hindu" here: You're welcome!!! :)

Indra was here (20756) on 11/26/2010 2:42 AM · Permalink · Report

Er, never mind. Apparently I was talking about something else...which I can't seem to remember. After reading your post, I doubt I ever remember it. :p

syntax error

Klaster_1 (57612) on 11/27/2010 10:10 AM · Permalink · Report

You are sick with not-enough-groups disease.

Indra was here (20756) on 11/27/2010 10:37 AM · Permalink · Report

Not yet. If I had it my way, the total game groups would be 3/4 of the games...but people could exactly find what they're looking for.