Forums > MobyGames > So what are you working on?--Episode II

Havoc Crow (29859) on 8/8/2011 6:23 PM · Permalink · Report

I've recently downloaded a big archive of Atari XL/XE games (700 MB or so) and now I'm making my way through the appropriate section of The Missing Games Spreadsheet. These are mostly Polish games you're gonna see arriving soon.

You?

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 8/8/2011 6:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Where to begin...

1) Game description revisions - working my way from Z up. Currently somewhere at "Wi".

2) New group discussion / submission - want to add Life simulation and Biological simulation next.

3) Submitting corrections (mostly genre) wherever I see wrong info. Currently about 300 pending.

4) Revise our genre descriptions, many of which suck.

5) Revise some of the major group descriptions.

6) Submit 1000+ PC-88 games.

7) Submit 2000+ PC-98 games.

8) Complete the TurboGrafx (PC Engine) CD platform (200+ games left).

9) Complete FM-Towns platform (didn't check how many games are left - probably not that many). --- the last four are definitely a long-term plan.

10) Submit all missing Chinese games (will perhaps manage to do it while my hair is still predominantly dark).

11)Get my corrections approved. Oh wait, that's not my work. Well, never mind. Maybe an admin will read that (yeah, right).

Yup, working full-time on this little site here.

And Corn Popper doesn't want to make me an admin :(

Starbuck the Third (22606) on 8/8/2011 6:34 PM · Permalink · Report

So after a bit of a duck on the contribution front, getting back into it by going over the game group descriptions and updating any that need them as they are somewhat neglected. Not glamorous front end stuff or of any great interest to many, but just don't see why they should be so neglected when we give so much attention to individual games.

Patrick Bregger (301024) on 8/8/2011 6:52 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Trivia merging, MobyRanks, description revisions, ad blurbs. Except MobyRanks everything A-Z; currently toward the end of A. It has been a year since our trivia redesign and most trivia pages are still in the old format. I think I'll focus my attention on this before I continue with the descriptions.

Regarding approving I mostly stick to trivia and MobyRank sources.

vedder (70793) on 8/8/2011 7:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Mostly approval stuff lately.

Still working on adding all those Commodore PET games, but progress is rather slow, most didn't stand the test of time well...

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95085) on 8/8/2011 9:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Recently, some Japanese Dreamcast release info.

[Q --start vedder wrote--]Mostly approval stuff lately. [/Q --end vedder wrote--] Thanks for approving my Japanese Dreamcast release info! :)

Still doing Japanese credits wherever I can find time and sources. Also trying to fit in some PC88 games here and there. So, uh, picking up whatever scraps Oleg leaves for me, I guess. :)

Parf (7873) on 8/8/2011 9:43 PM · Permalink · Report

I've been a little lazy lately... but I have managed to do some things at least. I've done the random approving work here and there, as well as downloaded a bunch of Xbox Live Indie Games (40 or so so far) which all need to be added to Moby. I think there's at least 1400 more games after I'm done, so if I don't burn out totally after these first 40 I can have my work cut out for me if I want. So many games there are pure crap, but my loyalty to the site tells me they need to be added regardless. ;)

Rola (8483) on 8/8/2011 10:03 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start JudgeDeadd wrote--]Atari XL/XE [...] mostly Polish games[/Q --end JudgeDeadd wrote--] Then FYI (as this is not my branch, never had Atari) I've submitted already "Kampania wrześniowa" and "Raszyn 1809" (3 weeks in the queue...).

Multimedia Mike (20664) on 8/10/2011 5:40 AM · Permalink · Report

According to my master games spreadsheet, I have well over 200 DOS/Windows games not presently in the database. Further, I have 100 more that are in the database but are lacking screenshots.

Those would be good for me to work on.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95085) on 8/25/2011 12:44 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Just finished adding credits for every Ganbare Goemon game I could find them for. Apart from the first game, this only leaves:

• Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ōgon Kiseru -- Has credits, but due to a game bug the graphics are scrambled rendering them unreadable.
  • Soreyuke Ebisumaru! Karakuri Meiro - Kieta Goemon no Nazo!! -- Doesn't seem to have credits.
  • Ganbare Goemon: Kurofune Tō no Nazo -- Probably has credits, but the game is so bad that nobody's wanted to record a playthrough.
  • Ganbare Goemon: Tengu-to no Gyuakushū! -- Also probably has credits, but again couldn't find a playthrough.

If anyone happens to find credits for these that need translating, I'm fully willing to. :)

Would be nice if someone could approve the nine other sets still pending. Thanks to Kabushi for approving the GBC ones already. ;)

Kabushi (261204) on 8/27/2011 4:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Not Ganbare Goemon, but another Konami game from the same era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRCG68yEzhY

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95085) on 8/27/2011 7:18 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Cool, I'll add it to my pile. I've mostly been looking for PS2 credits on Nico -- got about 20 sets pending right now -- but any other Japanese credits you come across are welcome, too. :)

Among others, I just found a staff roll for Namco X Capcom -- it's ridiculous how many voice credits it has. They're a third of the list, which includes full development and animation credits. D:

Havoc Crow (29859) on 9/1/2011 11:25 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm currently working to figure out the exact history of a pair of games with a very convoluted, intertwined past.

Hey, contributing to MG is not always easy.