🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Developer Portrait Standard ?

Tao_ (210) on 11/6/2011 10:46 AM · Permalink · Report

Hi all, I searched in MobyStandards again, but I didn't find exactly the information I looked for.

What are the "copyright" standards for submitting developer portraits ? For exemple, is it allowed to get a developers picture in a Facebook page of a company, then cut only the part with developer face and submit it in Mobygames ? Or does the picture have to be taken by ourself absolutly ?

Thanks in advance for your answer !

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 11/6/2011 2:11 PM · Permalink · Report

From the portrait submission page-

"Developer portraits should be 150 pixels across or larger; we prefer 150 to 300 DPI for clarity. We prefer head shots that give a good view.

Captions

Always mention the date or year when the photo was taken
If possible, include the source in the caption, e.g. source: Treyarch official website (using the < small > < / small> HTML tags)
If no relevant information can be added in the caption or it is unknown (location, studio working for at the time), just include the developer's name with the date. Including the name is required when there are multiple people in the picture, provide some directions to identify the correct person.

Sources of portraits

Pictures taken - scanned/uploaded
Software manuals
Developers' own websites
Packaging of older software titles
Magazine articles

Please only submit portraits that you have the legal right to do so. For example, republishing materials from magazine articles and websites require permission from the copyright holder.

After uploading the picture you will be able to change the Order number. Change it to 1 if it's more recent or better than the existing photos."