Forums > MobyGames > Entire dev team uncredited - what to do?

Nury (920) on 12/12/2011 3:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how to enter missing people in credits. I read they are supposed to be entered in the category "Other --> Uncredited" but that proof is often required. My problem is, credits for an entire dev studio are missing from the game's release.

I just submitted a new platform for the game "Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring". The game was ported to Wii under the name "Sherlock Holmes: The Silver Earring". The Wii game was developed By Mistic Software Inc. but the only people listed in the credits are the people from Frogwares (the original PC developer). Besides the fact that Mistic Software's logo briefly appears when starting the game, none of the developers are in the credits. As someone who worked on this game, I'm absolutely appalled by this.

So, how do I get the actual people who made the Wii game a reality credited on this site?

Thanks!

Parf (7873) on 12/12/2011 6:48 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Unless I'm mistaken, the Wii port isn't on file yet. So first that needs to be submitted by someone. After it's approved, all that needs to happen is that someone enter the credits for the Wii entry.

So, if you were one of the people working on it I suppose that'd be an easy task for you, right? First hand information tends to be valued around here, so I'm sure you won't have a problem getting all of this done. :)

edit: I totally missed that you said you'd already submitted an additional platform. Sorry. :\

vedder (70685) on 12/12/2011 8:17 AM · Permalink · Report

In this case I assume it's best to enter the credits as they appear in the game and then add the missing entries in its separate group as "Mistic Software Inc. (uncredited)".

Any evidence whatsoever you can provide that they worked on it will help of course.

Nury (920) on 12/13/2011 1:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Okay, well I'll gather a list of people who worked on it at Mistic Software and enter the credits once the game is approved/in the database.

I'm not sure what kind of proof I can find and I'm pretty sure some people will still be missing.

Mistic Software (Montreal studio) worked on this game in 2009. The Montreal studio was acquired by another company in the Fall of 2009 and the game was sent to be finished by Mistic Software's Ukrainian studio. So here we are, 2 years later, and the game FINALLY releases but nobody from Mistic Software Montreal or Ukraine is in the credits. All we get is the company logo before the game starts.

And now that I think of it... nobody from Focus Home Interactive (the publisher) is in the credits either...