Forums > MobyGames > game submission date

eXo (346) on 6/20/2012 4:52 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Is it possible to see the date a game was added to mobygames? And even better, is it possible to do a search filter based on this?

Last fall I created a database based on all dos games listed on mobygames at that time (by manually going through all 200+ pages of results and copying/pasting them... I really wish moby had some type of export/report generation ability). New entries have obviously been added since then and I am looking for a method of singling them out.

I have a feeling this functionality doesn't exist, but I figured I'd ask before I moved on.

edit: I am aware of the "new games" link, although it only goes back 3 weeks and does not seem to be able to filter by console\system.

vedder (70685) on 6/20/2012 5:44 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm afraid not.

For some game entries you can see when they were added at the bottom of the game's rap sheet (contributed by X on date Y). But this is only the case for games that were released on a single platform I think.

Patrick Bregger (298879) on 6/20/2012 5:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Type in "descriptions" at the end of the URL (e.g. http://www.mobygames.com/game/yoshis-story/descriptions ). The date of the original description is not always the game submission date (originally it was possible to contribute multiple descriptions and when this changed only the best was kept), but mostly. Unfortunately there is no way to filter.

eXo (346) on 6/20/2012 7:49 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the replies and tips. In this case it looks like the game was already on here, and a contributor came along and simply added DOS as a new platform for it. So the description goes back to 2007 (when the NES version was added), although it was promoted to DOS sometime since I made my master list last Fall.

I do have one more question. The game browser lists 25 games at a time. Is it possible to modify this to show more... or even a complete list? Thanks guys.

edit: I found in my prefs I can change my list settings up to 100. Is there any way to see more than that? thanks.

vedder (70685) on 6/20/2012 8:34 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

If you click prefs in the top right of the screen, near the bottom you can set it to up to a 100 items per page.